Rentheads

cosmic Profile Photo
cosmic
#0Rentheads
Posted: 5/20/05 at 4:49pm

November 11th. after reading the article on the opening of the movie, i am so so so excited and i just cant hide it. does anyone else think that rent will turn into a rock horror type tradition? where everyone gets dressed up as mimi and collins and maureen and everyone and goes to showings at midnight? i think that would be cool.

FosseBoi
#1re: Rentheads
Posted: 5/20/05 at 5:33pm

I doubt it. That would be SO cool though! Could you imagin all the drag queens dressing up as MIMI! Id be right there with them!re: Rentheads

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

ikmbway
#2re: Rentheads
Posted: 5/20/05 at 5:37pm

That would be great but probably no. Don't have many drag queens that I know of around my town. It would be cool but very unlikely where I live.

incendiary_wit Profile Photo
incendiary_wit
#3re: Rentheads
Posted: 5/20/05 at 5:39pm

Doubt it, but you never know. I saw the preview and it looks like it could be a big hit.

Actually, I would vow to lose 20 pounds if only to fit into the blue spandex. And my friends and I could dress up like our faves and scare everyone, but the other dressed-up people too! *loves the idea*

1. Ted Allen: Everyone has an interesting life if you ask the right questions.
2. Great buckets of Spoffnor, they're going to sing!
3. "I love shrubs that are historical." -Johnny and The Sprites
4. "We're not singing it to you, we're singing it for us." -Rosario Dawson, about La Vie Boheme
5. "The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours." -The History Boys
6. "Pass the parcel. That's sometimes all you can do. Take it, feel it and pass it on. Not for me, not for you, but for someone, somewhere, one day. Pass it on, boys. That's the game I want you to learn. Pass it on." -The History Boys
Updated On: 5/20/05 at 05:39 PM

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#4re: Rentheads
Posted: 5/20/05 at 5:39pm

Where I live, maybe my friends and 5 other random people would be dressed up..but if there's a midnight showing WHICH I HOPE THERE IS! My friend and I are going dressed up as Mark and Roger (we're both girls but those are our fav characters)..or I'll be ANgel cause I have an "Angel-esque" wig. I can't wait! If there's no midnight showing I'm going to the first one available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CANT WAIT TIL THE MOVIE!!

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

Mimi Imfurst
#5re: Rentheads
Posted: 5/20/05 at 5:50pm

drag queens dressing up as Mimi?

NEVER.

NYC's Most Retarded Drag Queen The Mimi Show: hosted by Mimi Imfurst features Broadway stars Tuesdays @ 10:30pm Weekly! June 13th: Hairspray's Michelle Dowdy, June 20th: Aida's Lori Ann Strunk, June 27th: Composer Katie Thompson No Cover- No Drink Minimum OW BAR: 221 E 58th Street (between 2nd and 3rd) www.owbar.com

FosseBoi
#6re: Rentheads
Posted: 5/20/05 at 5:57pm

Hun,I would look GOOD in that OUT TONIGHT costume!lol! Just cus I've got the abs for it and I've got the body. Conceeded? No, not at all...re: Rentheads

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#7re: Rentheads
Posted: 5/20/05 at 6:42pm

I live in Dallas and I can totally see people dressing up to attend this movie! I for one would do it...I'd go as Mark, of course, my favorite character. I can't wait for this movie. November 11th can't come soon enough.

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

One Song Glory
#8re: Rentheads
Posted: 5/20/05 at 6:48pm

I'm not sure if people will dress like the RENT characters. This isn't 'Star Wars'. But it would be cool and interesting. Too bad there aren't many RENTheads I know who actually have the guts to do that.

I'm not a gay stereotype. I'm a coincidence.

FosseBoi
#9re: Rentheads
Posted: 5/20/05 at 7:05pm

I would be SO cool if we could get other RENTHEADS to go to the premear in NYC and dress up! I couldnt go though.re: Rentheads

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#10re: Rentheads
Posted: 5/20/05 at 7:55pm

I'd dress up and go! re: Rentheads Seriously, I would. I did it for Lord of the Rings and their costumes are far more "out of the ordinary" shall we say. People were taking pictures of us everywhere. You'd think they'd be used to it in LA but whatever. Seriously, on the day RENT opens, I'm going to the theatre in costume, blaring RENT songs from a portable boom box in my backpack. Anyone who wishes to join are welcome! re: Rentheads Hell, maybe I should even do that for the premiere if they have one in LA.

Unfortunately, I have doubts if it would turn into an annual thing like Rocky Horror Picture Shows but hey, it could happen. And that would be AWSOME if it did!

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

One Song Glory
#11re: Rentheads
Posted: 5/20/05 at 7:57pm

Who are you gonna dress up as Dream?

rice and beans AND cheese
#12re: Rentheads
Posted: 5/20/05 at 8:05pm

I would do it! I'm seeing it with lael, so hopefully i'll convince her. I'll dress up as Mark probably...if I could just find a shirt like that...

"It's a long story, althought it's kinda-of a short one." ~~ Wolfwood

Dreamcatcher
#13re: Rentheads
Posted: 5/20/05 at 8:07pm

Maybe an all leather ensemble and some cat ears and a cowbell for Maureen or a Mimi-esque outfit. Funny thought, I could probably even go as a female Mark because my friend has the same stripped scarf and I own brown chords and those glasses (for when I run out of contacts :-P). Not quite sure yet. I've gotta find people to go with though.

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

Kimmygonbefamous Profile Photo
Kimmygonbefamous
#14re: Rentheads
Posted: 5/20/05 at 8:08pm

I totally have a Maureen shirt...purely by coincedence re: Rentheads

Now, if I could only get my hands on a cowbell...

"You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you." - Maya Angelou

Dreamcatcher
#15re: Rentheads
Posted: 5/20/05 at 8:11pm

Yeah I've got to dig through my closet and see what I can come up with. I think I saw an old pair of Doc Martins and a box of crazy colored fishnets somewhere..... (I'm an artist, the range of styles I've gone through over the years are shocking. :-P)

loudasthehelliwant Profile Photo
loudasthehelliwant
#16re: Rentheads
Posted: 5/20/05 at 8:31pm

If nothing else, I'm wearing the RENT/NO DAY BUT TODAY dog tag and bringing the stuffed "Moo with Me" cow (hey, I need something to hug if I cry during the ICY:R!).

However, I definately see the possiblity of Maureen's cat burglar in my future. *puts on cat ears*

"I mean, how many of us could honestly say that at one time or another he hasn't set fire to some great public building?"

One Song Glory
#17re: Rentheads
Posted: 5/20/05 at 8:37pm

I think I'll just bring my RENT dogtag and wear my RENT t-shirt to the movie. My brother already thinks I'm stupid for even LIKING the show.

AnotherDay46 Profile Photo
AnotherDay46
#18re: Rentheads
Posted: 5/20/05 at 10:29pm

Ah! Would love to dress up as Mimi, her first costume in the song Rent, I can find it! Just need a skirt and shirt that looks like hers, and knee pads...

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#19re: Rentheads
Posted: 5/20/05 at 10:34pm

BWAHAA I just told my mom that I was gonna go to the theatre opening day with the "out tonight" outfit..and then I threw up a little bit thinking about me in spandex and a midriff top..hahaa

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

Dreamcatcher
#20re: Rentheads
Posted: 5/20/05 at 10:49pm

haha yeah I briefly considered the idea of a Mimi Out Tonight ensemble but I think that might just be a little too scary, me in blue spandex and a silver midriff. But I'll maybe just head down to all the vintage stores in Hollywood and downtown LA (Garmet District!) and see what I can dig up. :-P My parents and friends think I'm absolutely insane but the RENTheads have to show their support! Plus its always fun to turn a few heads and make people do a double-take.

Videos