pixeltracker

REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!- Page 4

REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#75re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 4:30pm

It's also completely possible that these borderline anachronisms aren't even going to be IN the movie.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Alix7272 Profile Photo
Alix7272
#76re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 4:30pm

i thought the trailer was wonderful! of course it doesn't convey all of rent but it's a great starts and it's definitely captivating, for someone that's never heard of rent too.

the image of adam in the bus and then clapping, and the images of them walking in the graveyard gave me goosebumps.

No Child: http://www.epictheatrectr.org/
I Love You Because OCR: http://www.psclassics.com/cd_iloveyou.html

jaded_october Profile Photo
jaded_october
#77re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 4:32pm

"The movie takes place in the late 80's. Joanne is a lawyer and cell phones were already common to business men/woman at that time. There were over 1 million cell phone subscribers by 1987."

i didnt know that. thanks!

-annie http://www.livejournal.com/users/jadedoctober http://www.myspace.com/jadedoctober

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#78re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 4:36pm

"Alexi Darling makes reference to her email address, which was not commonplace in the 80's."

Corporations/Businesses had e-mail in the 80's.

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

RobbO Profile Photo
RobbO
#79re: REAL RENT TRAILER
Posted: 6/2/05 at 4:45pm

man, i got chills when "seasons of love" started playing the sun rose over nyc.

thank you for the great link. now i cannot wait until the fall. i'm not a renthead but i am a fan of the show.

i want to bring my partner who has never seen the production to see the show. is now a good time to go? are they done with the stunt casting for a bit? i was waiting for frenchy and drew lachey to leave before i went back to see rent again...

XING
PED

Steeler Jim Profile Photo
Steeler Jim
#80re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 4:46pm

It's a part of the play that can be easily discarded. It was a funny little moment, but certainly not something that will be badly missed.

As for the trailer - wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow!!!! November 11 can't get here soon enough! I had chills!

"'Ello. Ow are oo?" - Corky St. Clair

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#81re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 4:56pm

That was gorgeous...much better than the cutof boo-...i mean, nothing.

I don't think it looks light and fluffy. It seems to me that it just looks like a broadway musical being transfered to the screen. I hope it'll be INCREDIBLE- I'm pretty sure it'll be amazing.

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

RobbO Profile Photo
RobbO
#82re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 4:57pm

remember, the trailer has to entice the rent fans yet be vague and obscure enough to attract middle america (and ohio, dammit!) who won't know it has drugs, sex, booze, AIDS and transexuals!! ha, ha tricked ya conservative christian right-wing wackos!!

XING
PED

Timmerbo Profile Photo
Timmerbo
#83re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 4:58pm

"Corporations/Businesses had e-mail in the 80's."

Yeah, but Mark didn't... the internet has existed for decades but even in the late 80's I'd wager few businesses would have used it in interchanges like that with Mark. Is that line in the screenplay, though?

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#84re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 4:59pm

It looks amazing, I can't wait to even see the trailer in theaters. I've watched it about 6 times already, and I feel like an idiot because I can't stop smiling. re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!

As for the comments about it's lighthearted-feel, trailers can only be rated PG-13, regardless of the rating of the movie, so they can't really show some of the "grittier" aspects of the show.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

Alix Profile Photo
Alix
#85re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 5:00pm

Wow. I really can't even think right now. That was the most beautiful thing I have seen in a long time. I...just...wow.

MyDreamsRecurring Profile Photo
MyDreamsRecurring
#86re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 5:00pm

"Wow, I just cried watching that...I wish Jonathan was here to see this.

I think Jonathan Larson would be mortified."

I actually like the trailer a lot..fans said the same thing about tolkien and lotr..and look where those movies are re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!

"No two shows are alike in the making. Each show is a living piece of your life in a small unreal world with its own character and integrity; its own new set of memorable experiences and incredible happenings. You begin to love and adapt to its strangeness. Dreams harden into substance. Values come into focus. You wish it would never end. The dream world vanishes like mist before a rising sun; part of you vanishes with it. And back you land in the real world with a thud- fogged, uneasy, jittery, difficult to get along with. There is only one cure. A new show. A new, small unreal world; new visions, experiences, incredible happenings. Again you love it, adapt to it, wish it would never end. But end it does. Another part of you vanishes. That's show business."-Anonymous

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#87re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 5:04pm

orangeskittles, I'm not sure what you mean when you said "trailers can only be rated PG-13, regardless of the rating of the movie".

Trailers are either approved for all audiences (as everything from Bambi to A Nightmare on Elm Street have been) or restricted like SHOWGIRLS was due to nudity. There is absolutely no restriction on Sony showing "grittier" aspects of the movie in the trailer.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

gavrochegirl
#88re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 5:21pm

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!

What the puck?!

jaded_october
#89re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 5:23pm

"ha, ha tricked ya conservative christian right-wing wackos!!"

LMFAO. hahaha

-annie http://www.livejournal.com/users/jadedoctober http://www.myspace.com/jadedoctober

jaded_october
#90re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 5:24pm

"ha, ha tricked ya conservative christian right-wing wackos!!"

LMFAO. hahaha

jackson992
#91re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 5:30pm

I do want to see the movie but I wish they would used a different song as I hate this song with a passion.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#92re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 5:31pm

"i was waiting for frenchy and drew lachey to leave before i went back to see rent again..."

Drew's gone, but Frenchie's still there. Don't worry, Frenchie's good and a legit theatre person. Don't let her "American Idol" stint keep you away from seeing the show.

~Steven

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#93re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 5:40pm

From the MPA website:

"Trailers are an important aspect of the program. They are approved for "all audiences," which means they may be shown with all feature films, or "restricted audiences", which limits their use to feature films rated R or NC-17. There will be, in "all audience" trailers, no scenes that caused the feature to be rated PG, PG-13, R or NC-17."

I was wrong about the PG-13 rating, previews have to be G-rated to be approved for all audiences. Any nudity, drug use, and hard language in Rent would all make the preview inappropriate for all audiences.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#94re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 5:41pm

I clicked the link, but how come I don't see a link to the trailer? Am I missing it or just dumb? Where is it? lol

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

karlean7 Profile Photo
karlean7
#95re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 5:44pm

I think they took it down.

Which SUCKS.

'Cause I didn't get to see it!

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#96re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 5:46pm

aww wow they took it down. i wonder why haha?

A dancer might dream to see her name in lights and mean it, but all she really dreams is to make someone else feel the way she did when she first saw a dancer. And that is so beautiful-Anonymous

RobbO Profile Photo
RobbO
#97re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 5:47pm

they did take it down, the link to the trailer that was on the top left is missing. but i saw it once - now only if my computer automatically downloaded it....hmmm, did it?

XING
PED

FabalaYero85
#98re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 5:51pm

You can still get it from comingsoon.net and joblo.com

hmm...

karlean7 Profile Photo
karlean7
#99re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 5:54pm

No, you can't. Since it was streaming video, no one downloaded anything, they just linked to the Tribute.ca site.

Which took it down.

ANYWAY, consolation prize is two new entries over at the Rent blog.

Videos