Into the woods

cserannie
#0Into the woods
Posted: 6/12/05 at 12:07pm

Hi, please give me advices, should I buy the original Into the woods dvd or not?

Norbert Leo Butz quotes about John Lithgow: "He's really clumsy. One of the joys in life is to watch a great big huge man totally wipe out backstage. It takes John about three minutes to hit the floor. It's like watching a Great Sequoia falling gracelessly."

nmartin Profile Photo
nmartin
#1re: Into the woods
Posted: 6/12/05 at 12:10pm

OMG yes buy it. It's wonderful.

MyDreamsRecurring Profile Photo
MyDreamsRecurring
#2re: Into the woods
Posted: 6/12/05 at 12:11pm

I like the dvd a lot, especially Joanna Gleason's performance, but remember it's the stage performance, not an actual movie.
Also, me and my friend both have this dvd..and they both stop working and skip from the end of the first act to intermission..its very odd

Are you doing the show or do you just want the dvd for fun?

"No two shows are alike in the making. Each show is a living piece of your life in a small unreal world with its own character and integrity; its own new set of memorable experiences and incredible happenings. You begin to love and adapt to its strangeness. Dreams harden into substance. Values come into focus. You wish it would never end. The dream world vanishes like mist before a rising sun; part of you vanishes with it. And back you land in the real world with a thud- fogged, uneasy, jittery, difficult to get along with. There is only one cure. A new show. A new, small unreal world; new visions, experiences, incredible happenings. Again you love it, adapt to it, wish it would never end. But end it does. Another part of you vanishes. That's show business."-Anonymous

cserannie
#3re: Into the woods
Posted: 6/12/05 at 12:14pm

I like Joanna and I have heard a couple of numbers of the story so I thought I should buy the DVD from Amazon. That is all.

Norbert Leo Butz quotes about John Lithgow: "He's really clumsy. One of the joys in life is to watch a great big huge man totally wipe out backstage. It takes John about three minutes to hit the floor. It's like watching a Great Sequoia falling gracelessly."

gavrochegirl
#4re: Into the woods
Posted: 6/12/05 at 12:18pm

YES!

What the puck?!

lamentingenvelope Profile Photo
lamentingenvelope
#5re: Into the woods
Posted: 6/12/05 at 12:20pm

Definately get it... I bought it because I was doing the show and I ended up enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would.

Necromancer07707 Profile Photo
Necromancer07707
#6re: Into the woods
Posted: 6/12/05 at 12:30pm

just a question.. who the hell would say no? if you've got the money, get it

"I am ready to disclaim my opinion, even of yesterday, even of 10 minutes ago, because all opinions are relative. One lives in a field of influences, one is influenced by everyone one meets, everything is an exchange of influences, all opinions are derivative. Once you deal a new deck of cards, you've got a new deck of cards." — Peter Brook

QuiteSo Profile Photo
QuiteSo
#7re: Into the woods
Posted: 6/12/05 at 12:55pm

Wonderful preservation of a truly great show. Get it!

Merrily we roll along, roll along...

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#8re: Into the woods
Posted: 6/12/05 at 2:01pm

This is the one DVD of a stage musical that I watch on a semi-regular basis. I just never tire of it.

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

CurtainUp Profile Photo
CurtainUp
#9re: Into the woods
Posted: 6/12/05 at 2:46pm

YES!!! It made Into the Woods my favorite show without actually having seen it live.

And Joanna, along wiht the rest of the cast, is absolute perfection.

Rosencrantz: "Be happy - if you're not even HAPPY what's so good about surviving? We'll be all right. I suppose we just go on." - from Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#10re: Into the woods
Posted: 6/12/05 at 3:03pm

Yes, Yes, Yes......run and buy it now. I thank god daily that this & other Sondheim shows have been preserved & are available. Support these gems being released. Once these folks see there truly is an audience for it, they may release more.

Also pick up Sunday In the Park With George & Sweeney Todd on DVD. Both are masterpieces and should be required viewing.

Grab your credit card (or better yet, grab someone elses) and shop, shop shop!!!!

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup

paradox_error Profile Photo
paradox_error
#11re: Into the woods
Posted: 6/12/05 at 3:08pm

Don't forget Passion!

cserannie
#12re: Into the woods
Posted: 6/12/05 at 3:36pm

thanks folks. I will steal my mom credit card and I will go shopping.

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#13re: Into the woods
Posted: 6/12/05 at 3:37pm

if it's mom's treat, you need to take me!

Just kidding........ but last time I was there, Border's was having a pretty decent sale on alot of thier musical DVDs in honor of the Tony's, and I believe I saw Into the Woods, Sunday....George, & Passion for around $15 each. Sweeney Todd was about $20

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup
Updated On: 6/12/05 at 03:37 PM

Elizabeth_DeBris
#14re: Into the woods
Posted: 6/12/05 at 3:39pm

YES! A million times: yes! It's worth every penny and more.

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#15re: Into the woods
Posted: 6/12/05 at 3:57pm

MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE SHOW EVER!!!

buy the OBC DVD and CD...you will fall in love...

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#16re: Into the woods
Posted: 6/12/05 at 5:08pm

there is no reason not to buy it.
buy it now.
when you get it, you will treasure it, and you will be happy it's a part of your collection.

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#17re: Into the woods
Posted: 6/12/05 at 5:22pm

It's amazing. I received it for Christmas in a Sondheim DVD box set. It's incredibly amazing, as are the other titles mentioned.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#18re: Into the woods
Posted: 6/12/05 at 5:32pm

don't steal a credit card to buy, you might get in big trouble and get the DVD taken away. lol, jk, do w/e you want

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

broadwaybaby86
#19re: Into the woods
Posted: 6/12/05 at 8:08pm

OMG, totally. I wish I could have seen In2 the Woods on B.Way, but I was 2 busy w/ school and stuv. But I did see our Highschool production of it... OMG I LOVE INTO THE WOODS

Videos