pixeltracker

Defective presses of cast recordings...?

Defective presses of cast recordings...?

tim10086 Profile Photo
tim10086
#0Defective presses of cast recordings...?
Posted: 6/23/05 at 1:06am

Hi all,

Does anyone else have trouble playing SOME cast recordings? Ones that tend to flip out and skip in my CD players are The Secret Garden OBC, Nine NBC and Phantom Canadian Cast.

Any thoughts?

Tim

I will climb back up that mountain!

BwayLeadman
#1re: Defective presses of cast recordings...?
Posted: 6/23/05 at 1:13am

Are they original? or copies?
Try it on your computer. Sometimes CD's are MP3 compatible (which all computer drives have) and some CD players dont.

tim10086 Profile Photo
tim10086
#2re: Defective presses of cast recordings...?
Posted: 6/23/05 at 1:17am

Yep, all original copies. Currently playing The Secret Garden here on my comp, and it's certainly not skipping, but the D drive is making a hideous humming noise.

BwayLeadman
#3re: Defective presses of cast recordings...?
Posted: 6/23/05 at 1:32am

maybe u need to replace them..... or if they are new... idk

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#4re: Defective presses of cast recordings...?
Posted: 6/23/05 at 1:34am

The first song on my Dreamgirls OBCR never played so I had to go get a new one. Other than that experience however, I haven't had any problems.

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

tim10086 Profile Photo
tim10086
#5re: Defective presses of cast recordings...?
Posted: 6/23/05 at 1:45am

Maybe these CDs go defective once they cross the Equator, haha.

Or perhaps my products just hate ALW, Lucy Simon and Marsha Norman, and Maury Yeston. I have no trouble playing Herman or Sondheim!

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#6re: Defective presses of cast recordings...?
Posted: 6/23/05 at 3:41pm

The first time I ever bought The Lion King recording, the disc I got was apparently blank. I returned it and got another, but it was weird. The clerks at the store were utterly confused.

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

Gothampc
#7re: Defective presses of cast recordings...?
Posted: 6/23/05 at 4:01pm

I could never get my Applause cd to play on any player. (Some people would consider that a good thing).

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#8re: Defective presses of cast recordings...?
Posted: 6/23/05 at 4:18pm

my OBCs of TITANIC and JANE EYRE must be defective because they should have been double disc CDs with the entire score preserved... oh, wait... does that count as defective?

XOsweet_dancerOX Profile Photo
XOsweet_dancerOX
#9re: Defective presses of cast recordings...?
Posted: 6/23/05 at 4:55pm

"Book Report" on my Charlie Brown cd skips in my cd player but not in my car... and i just bought it a few weeks ago.

Kristin Chenoweth could barely control a Great Dane she trotted onto the stage. "Great, they gave me a dog that weighs five times what I do", she quipped. For the record, she weighs 93 pounds, and has a Maltese.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#10re: Defective presses of cast recordings...?
Posted: 6/23/05 at 4:56pm

The Brooklyn CD is defective. There's all these screeching sounds....

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#11re: Defective presses of cast recordings...?
Posted: 6/23/05 at 7:08pm

Haha BSO. Nine has given me nothing but problems since the moment I bought it. I think it might be the record company b/c Assassins sometimes sucks as well...

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#12re: Defective presses of cast recordings...?
Posted: 6/23/05 at 7:22pm

Sum, I had the same problem with Dreamgirls.

hypertruffle
#13re: Defective presses of cast recordings...?
Posted: 6/23/05 at 8:57pm

I can't play my Kiss of the Spider Woman (w/ Vanessa Williams) on my computer.

"The cynicism you refer to, I acquired the day I discovered I was different from little boys!~All About Eve

HumorousConclusion Profile Photo
HumorousConclusion
#14re: Defective presses of cast recordings...?
Posted: 6/23/05 at 9:00pm

One of my Carols for a Cure cds is missing a song.

thejcm Profile Photo
thejcm
#15re: Defective presses of cast recordings...?
Posted: 6/24/05 at 1:03am

I don't know if it's like that on every CD, but on my Aida OBCR, the last two songs (Elaborate Lives (Reprise) and Every Story..Reprise I think) aren't split up as they're listed. They're just one track.

"Who says you can't bend over backwards and eat bugs if you want to? I guess the bugs would probably say you can't do that that, but assuming that they are willing and consenting bugs, then there's no problem. Let's wig out eating bugs." -RuPaul

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#16re: Defective presses of cast recordings...?
Posted: 6/24/05 at 1:23am

If your player is older it may need a cleaning. Dust. smoke and grime get in their and make it hard for the laser to read. Very few discs are defective in manufacture. Also are the discs clean and free of scratches and fingerprints?

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

Videos