News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Help Rent!

~Jer~ Profile Photo
~Jer~
#0Help Rent!
Posted: 7/23/05 at 1:01pm

I'm sure many of you have read the threads about the fanatics who are very upset about the high ticket prices for the benefit concert. They have created a petition to try to get the ticket prices lowered, but people, come on; this money is going to a good cause!!! The petition below is to support the Rent fundraiser.

It takes less then 30 seconds to sign!!!! Please sign!!

Thank you for your time!

Save the Benefit - Petition Updated On: 7/23/05 at 01:01 PM

nodaybut2day2007
#1re: Help Rent!
Posted: 7/23/05 at 1:03pm

Oh my, really do we need to keep going on about this subject?

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#2re: Help Rent!

that's sad..I was the first one :)

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#3re: Help Rent!

Hehe nice.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#4re: Help Rent!
Posted: 7/23/05 at 1:04pm

And there's already more signatures than the other petition.

Bravo!

But seriously - there SHOULD be a petition to release it on DVD.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#5re: Help Rent!
Posted: 7/23/05 at 1:04pm

I'm number 4!
I'm number 4!

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

~Jer~ Profile Photo
~Jer~
#6re: Help Rent!
Posted: 7/23/05 at 1:05pm

Do you guys know what Tim Hortons is??

oh...and thanks for signing the petition! Updated On: 7/23/05 at 01:05 PM

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#7re: Help Rent!
Posted: 7/23/05 at 1:07pm

I dunno, did he hear a who?

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

JudasIscariot Profile Photo
JudasIscariot
#8re: Help Rent!
Posted: 7/23/05 at 1:09pm

Number 5.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#9re: Help Rent!
Posted: 7/23/05 at 1:10pm

I see your link and raise you one Fandom_Wank URL! Bwahahaha!!!
http://www.journalfen.net/community/fandom_wank/768210.html

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#10re: Help Rent!
Posted: 7/23/05 at 1:11pm

It should be on DVD but it'll never happen. There's a movie coming out with most of the cast, and a DVD would compete too much with this release.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#11re: Help Rent!
Posted: 7/23/05 at 1:17pm

Hey, wait a minute, I didn't give anyone permission to quote me on another forum. Can I sue, too? I could really use the money.
Come to think of it, maybe that is how Fung plans on raising the funds to attend!

PEACE.

~Jer~ Profile Photo
~Jer~
#12re: Help Rent!
Posted: 7/23/05 at 1:21pm

who quoted you?

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#13re: Help Rent!
Posted: 7/23/05 at 1:22pm

Someone in that link.

PEACE.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#14re: Help Rent!
Posted: 7/23/05 at 1:40pm

Um, I hate to be a stickler, but that petition is addressed to the THEATRE. I think it should be addressed to the people behind the benefit. Just a thought.

PEACE.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#15re: Help Rent!
Posted: 7/23/05 at 1:44pm

Sue -

Does it matter in the end?

~Jer~ Profile Photo
~Jer~
#16re: Help Rent!
Posted: 7/23/05 at 1:49pm

ya, 7 people signed and I don't think they would have lowered the price of the tickets anyway.

LoudIrishGirl
#17re: Help Rent!
Posted: 7/23/05 at 4:22pm

"If you can talk, you can sing...if you can walk, you can dance." - T.K. Greene

Hairspraydoll Profile Photo
Hairspraydoll
#18re: Help Rent!
Posted: 7/23/05 at 4:25pm

Be the change you want in the world....

#19re: Help Rent!
Posted: 7/23/05 at 4:28pm

woohoo, I made the top 10 :)

pab Profile Photo
pab
#20re: Help Rent!
Posted: 7/23/05 at 4:40pm

"Do you guys know what Tim Hortons is??

Yes. If you've ever lived in Canada or know anyone from Canada you would know what Tim Hortons is OR if you can use a computer, there is something called Google that you might consider trying.

As for the petition or is it a pitition, not sure now since there have been so many threads about this posted by the same person with different names, no thanks.
Tim Hortons

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

Broadway_Bound_Star Profile Photo
Broadway_Bound_Star
#21re: Help Rent!
Posted: 7/23/05 at 4:51pm

I don't really think that an online petition will do anything to change the prives, thats why its so expensive, its a benefit.

Shawk Profile Photo
Shawk
#22re: Help Rent!
Posted: 7/23/05 at 4:58pm

I think this petition is to counteract the other petition, and in support of the benefit.

'"Contrairiwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."' ~Lewis Carroll

pab Profile Photo
pab
#23re: Help Rent!
Posted: 7/23/05 at 5:01pm

Whatever. I did not read any of them. The whole argument, IMO, is a total waste of time and wish these threads would just all disappear.

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

~Jer~ Profile Photo
~Jer~
#24re: Help Rent!
Posted: 7/23/05 at 5:51pm

pab
I know what Tim Hortons is. I'm from Canada...But I'm in NY for the summer and I miss my Tim Hortons 'Ice Caps' re: Help Rent!

Videos