News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

What more Wicked?

The Gaper
#0What more Wicked?
Posted: 7/25/05 at 1:28am

OK I loved Wicked. if i loved wicked so much would there be anything else i might like?

Derek
#1re: What more Wicked?
Posted: 7/25/05 at 1:33am

Hmmm maybe other Stephen Schwartz shows? Although I must say, WIcked is very different from anything else he wrote. He also wrote Pippin and Godspell...and also some Disney scores.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#2re: What more Wicked?
Posted: 7/25/05 at 1:34am

Das Boot

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#3re: What more Wicked?
Posted: 7/25/05 at 1:37am

Chicago
sweet Charity
Gypsy
Wonderful Town

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#4re: What more Wicked?
Posted: 7/25/05 at 1:41am

*head.screen.*

A work of art is an invitation to love.

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#5re: What more Wicked?
Posted: 7/25/05 at 1:48am

"and also some Disney scores"

Schwartz didn't write the music to any Disney scores, although he did write the lyrics for Pocahantas and The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

He did, however, write the music for The Prince of Egypt, but that isn't Disney.

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.
Updated On: 7/25/05 at 01:48 AM

Broadway_Bound_Star Profile Photo
Broadway_Bound_Star
#6re: What more Wicked?
Posted: 7/25/05 at 1:49am

yeah, altough i'm not a fan of Pippin, I think e does do a pretty nice job with his music.

And Godspell ROCKS.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#7re: What more Wicked?
Posted: 7/25/05 at 2:05am

I'm not a big Schwartz fan. It all leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Derech2
#8re: What more Wicked?
Posted: 7/25/05 at 2:19am

It depends on what you like about Wicked. If you could give specifics of what you love so much, I'm sure we could help you out more.

Prince of Egypt is not a show, but has some of my favorite music of all time, and is by Stephen Schwartz. If you haven't already, see the movie and buy the soundtrack.

Another possibility for you would be Miss Saigon, a Schönberg and Boublil musical.

Try some Frank Wildhorn. The Civil War and Jekyll & Hyde you might like.

Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde.
Updated On: 7/25/05 at 02:19 AM

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#9re: What more Wicked?
Posted: 7/25/05 at 10:58am

Hairspray, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Rent

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#10re: What more Wicked?
Posted: 7/25/05 at 11:18am

Spelling Bee
Phantom

Just give the world Love.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#11re: What more Wicked?
Posted: 7/25/05 at 1:16pm

Rent
Spelling Bee
Aida
Millie
Hairspray
The Wild Party (Lippa)
Les Mis
Phantom
Miss Saigon
All Shook Up
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

JulesReverie Profile Photo
JulesReverie
#12re: What more Wicked?
Posted: 7/25/05 at 2:36pm

Newsies(a must see, trust me), Little Shop of Horrors, Wizard of Oz(not like you haven't already seen it already lol), Les Miserables(if you like the drama of wicked and the irony), Into the Woods(if you like the fun homage comedy of wicked), Hairspray, Evita(what wicked had a homage too in Thank Goodness), I could go on there's so many. Try being more specific, was it the comedy? Romance? Drama? Fantasy?

Do you also want movies that are as good or like wicked too?Because there's many of those too

LullabyofBroadway11 Profile Photo
LullabyofBroadway11
#13re: What more Wicked?
Posted: 7/25/05 at 2:42pm

Wicked is such a powerful show its hard to compare it to a lot of things, but other shows are just as good as Wicked in..different ways. While Wicked may leave you crying and amazed at the score, something like Hairspray leaves you having so much fun and wanting to dance, Spelling Bee leaves you laughing and wanted to see it A MILLION MORE TIMES, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels leaves you amazed at the talent as well as laughing, Rent leaves you absolutely blown away and thinking about life....I had my Wicked phase and am still kind of in it...but there are other things just as...amazing.

"Your word is cow" "May I have a definition please?" "It's....a cow." "Can you use that in a sentance?" "....please spell cow." -"The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" ________________________________ Patsy: Sir....I'm a Jew... King Arthur: You are! Patsy: Yes, on my mothers side... King Arthur: Well, why didn't you tell me before! Patsy: Well..thats not the kind of thing you say to a heavily armed Christian.. -Spamalot

MojaniD
#14re: What more Wicked?
Posted: 7/25/05 at 2:42pm

I don't know, after Wicked, what else is there?

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#15re: What more Wicked?
Posted: 7/25/05 at 2:45pm

1000's of other choices.

Expand your horizons people.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

idinarocksmysocks!510 Profile Photo
idinarocksmysocks!510
#16re: What more Wicked?
Posted: 7/25/05 at 2:52pm

I have to say, WICKED does indeed rock!!!!!!! But I love a ton (and I mean a ton) more musicals too. I know so many musicals my friends say it's scary. In fact most of my cd's are broadway or musical cds. scary i know!

you say i'm weird! look at everyone you're sitting with! and hey, those guys over there just threw napkins up in the air like they were on something! it's contajous! you can't help it!

Videos