lfae
#1re: Broadway Flea Market
Posted: 8/1/05 at 7:18pm

Sunday, September 25th

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#2re: Broadway Flea Market
Posted: 8/1/05 at 7:19pm

Ahhh the joy of the flea market... Can't wait.

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

Chrysanthemum62001
#3re: Broadway Flea Market
Posted: 8/1/05 at 7:46pm

I am so freaking excited!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

Born2cthelightsofbway Profile Photo
Born2cthelightsofbway
#4re: Broadway Flea Market
Posted: 8/1/05 at 7:53pm

I'm really excited too, but did anyone else find last years flea market exspensive?

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"

CostumeGirl2 Profile Photo
CostumeGirl2
#5re: Broadway Flea Market
Posted: 8/1/05 at 7:59pm

I love the idea of this. I have never been though. What kind of things do they usually have and has anyone here ever bought anything? Price range?

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#6re: Broadway Flea Market
Posted: 8/1/05 at 8:01pm

Stupid double post, sorry folks!

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
Updated On: 8/2/05 at 08:01 PM

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#7re: Broadway Flea Market
Posted: 8/1/05 at 8:04pm

Born2 I didn't find it that expensive (Remember it is a fund raiser!)
Costume lots of stuff, from old Playbills (at about$1 to props from shows now running ) that stuff can be pricey. Last year they had some of the swimfins from Mamma Mia for $50 these were signed by the cast.

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#8re: Broadway Flea Market
Posted: 8/1/05 at 8:07pm

Its my favorite day of the whole year!!

No, I don't usually find it expensive. I mean its going to a fantastic cause, so you really can't complain.

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

broadway betty Profile Photo
broadway betty
#9re: Broadway Flea Market
Posted: 8/1/05 at 8:08pm

This year is going to be my first and I'm sooooo excited! I'm sort of afraid b/c I know I'm going to want everything. Mixing shopping and Broadway together is a VERY dangerous thing!

"I'm the STAR!"--Daniel Reichard during Glory Daze sound check

Born2cthelightsofbway Profile Photo
Born2cthelightsofbway
#10re: Broadway Flea Market
Posted: 8/1/05 at 8:26pm

I know its a fund raiser, and I bought over $500 dollars of stuff last year, but a lot of it was more money than it was they year before. For instance they were charging $40 bucks for a pic with a puppet from Avenue Q, the year before they had the same kind of picture thing for a different show for $20, and they had old pointe shoes from Phantom for $50, the year before I bought a bunch for $20 bucks each. I'm really not complaining, I am just saying, I love the flea market, its one of my favorite days of the year. I can't wait!

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"

Eileen and Ruth Sherwood Profile Photo
Eileen and Ruth Sherwood
#11re: Broadway Flea Market
Posted: 8/1/05 at 9:12pm

I am hoping there is stuff from Little Women. I can't wait!!!

Vocal Lessons:$200 Acting Class:$800 Sheet Music for Audition:$50 Monthly Rent:$1800 Rush Tickets:$25 Agent Commision:$100 Equity Dues:$2000 Getting a Standing Ovation at the Tony Awards:PRICELESS

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#12re: Broadway Flea Market
Posted: 8/1/05 at 9:17pm

SO. EXCITED.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

EverythingIsRENT Profile Photo
EverythingIsRENT
#13re: Broadway Flea Market
Posted: 8/1/05 at 10:00pm

::gasp:: Where exactly is this flea market?? That is so cool!!

Sunchips: Best Kept Secret in the chip aisle!!

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#14re: Broadway Flea Market
Posted: 8/1/05 at 10:02pm

I LOVE the flea market re: Broadway Flea Market and I'll have to miss it for the second year in a row because I have a wedding to attend that day. I should have replied with a NO.

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~

luvtheEmcee
#15re: Broadway Flea Market
Posted: 8/1/05 at 10:35pm

*cry*

But you know who will have a table? Ahem. I can have a pair of... un-named objects! re: Broadway Flea Market

Updated On: 8/1/05 at 10:35 PM

luvtheEmcee
#16re: Broadway Flea Market
Posted: 8/1/05 at 10:38pm

Be afraid.

re: Broadway Flea Market

luvtheEmcee
#17re: Broadway Flea Market
Posted: 8/1/05 at 10:43pm

shh, don't tell!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#18re: Broadway Flea Market
Posted: 8/1/05 at 10:48pm

Best buy I ever got was a brand new double CD of Metropolis for $ 5

Doubt I will find a better buy this time around but we will try. May even be meeting a couple we are PM'ing starting yesterday

Poster Emeritus

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#19re: Broadway Flea Market
Posted: 8/1/05 at 10:55pm

This sounds like such a great thing, I've never even heard of it before. I'm definately trying to go!

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

ZONEACE
#20re: Broadway Flea Market
Posted: 8/1/05 at 11:25pm

to the person who asked where it was, its on 45th (thats where the shubert is right?) and in shubert allley.

when ducks grow thumbs then maybe my opinion will change.

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#21re: Broadway Flea Market
Posted: 8/1/05 at 11:35pm

Years ago, I bought a friend of mine who had cancer and was gravely ill at the time a cast jacket from "Anything Goes" because she was obsessed with that show. I am happy to report that she made a miraculous recovery and still wears that jacket to this day! It was one of the best things I ever bought for anyone.

I think it's most fun when you can buy stuff that they don't sell at the merchandise booth in the theatres. re: Broadway Flea Market

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars

cabarethed
#22re: Broadway Flea Market
Posted: 8/2/05 at 12:10am

I probably have to miss it for the first time in 3 years. re: Broadway Flea Market *cries*

silent
#23re: Broadway Flea Market
Posted: 8/2/05 at 3:04am

How is it set up? Are their booths? When it starts, is there a mad rush? Does Broadway Cares have their own booth? Details, details...please!

#24re: Broadway Flea Market
Posted: 8/2/05 at 4:24am

first of all..
that's my 16th birthday! hehe
second...
what is it?
and third...
they dont happen to come to LA do they?

Videos