pixeltracker

Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall

Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#0Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall
Posted: 8/22/05 at 11:21am

Just bought my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall for her debut concert on Monday, November 7th.

Tickets went on sale at 11am and I got there at 8am. You just never know how long of a line there will be. There was no one there and by the time the box office opened 11am, no one else showed up.

I got fantastic seats. But, I'm assuming that many people ordered their tickets on line or over the phone.

The last time Linda Eder was at CH in 2003, I got there at 6am and by the time the box office opened at 11am, the line was HUGE!!!!

stagebeauty Profile Photo
stagebeauty
#1re: Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall
Posted: 8/22/05 at 11:30am

awesome! i heard her concerts were amazing! my director got free $100 seats for her concert and went to the after party. he said she was really nice too

enteng2 Profile Photo
enteng2
#2re: Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall
Posted: 8/24/05 at 11:42pm

Oh, i envy you nealb1.

Grrrr, before saving up for LEA's concert, i need to save for my airfare first. grrrr!

I loooove Lea.

OFF Topic - come to think of it, when you hear Kelly O'hara sings - close your eyes and its like hearing Lea in her super absolute wonderfulness.

Okay, okay! Say it somehow...the beauty is, I have been changed for good!

way_to_spend_the_day Profile Photo
way_to_spend_the_day
#3re: Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall
Posted: 8/25/05 at 1:40am

I'm obsessed with her!! Wish I could go...she is amazing. Has anyone met her before?

***It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves. -- William Shakespeare***

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#4re: Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall
Posted: 8/25/05 at 1:43am

How is she such a big star? She was in ONE show on Broadway and then became this huge thing. Her last outing was stale, and she's only had three Broadway outings. Why is she so huge, especially almost 15 years after her big break?

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

way_to_spend_the_day Profile Photo
way_to_spend_the_day
#5re: Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall
Posted: 8/25/05 at 2:06am

I'm not really sure what my infatuation with her is... I guess its just the respect she commands in every role she plays. Her Kim is phenomenal in Miss Saigon and she is absolutely my favorite Eponine in Les Miz. She really seems to take tedious time to develop a character, not necesarilly moreso than other Broadway actresses, but somehow you notice with her. Every character she plays seems to be made for her. Her voice is beautiful. Also, some of us grew up with her providing the soundtrack for our Disney movies....=)

***It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves. -- William Shakespeare***

eatlasagna
#6re: Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall
Posted: 8/25/05 at 3:08am

i can't really say why she's a star... most of my friends have no freaking clue who Lea Salonga is... and then i say she was in Aladdin and Mulan and then they let out this "oh".... and then i try to draw them in more and make them listen to her sing stuff from Miss Saigon, Les Mis, or her Broadway Concert... and then my friends are completely blown away from her... to me... it's something about this woman's voice and how she commands a stage... it's so crystal clear and pure... so angelic like... i think that's why people love her so much... but that's just me and i've had a thing for her since the 7th grade... haha

vbplayer Profile Photo
vbplayer
#7re: Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall
Posted: 8/25/05 at 8:57am

I saw her in concert several months ago in Chicago at the Aerie Crown. See her in concert, and the "why is she a star" question will get the definitive answer.

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." -- Author Unknown

MouseInfo
#8re: Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall
Posted: 8/25/05 at 9:46am

I love Lea's voice and her command of the stage. I wish I could go to her concert in NYC. I am sure it will be great.

Anastasia_Beaverhausen Profile Photo
Anastasia_Beaverhausen
#9re: Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall
Posted: 8/25/05 at 10:25am

I have told this story here before, but I met her after Flower Drum Song in LA. Not a nice person at all. She looked completely bothered by the FIVE people who were waiting there for her. She did sign everything and I got a picture with her...but she left a very bad taste in my mouth. Very bad, above it all attitute. I wanted to meet her more than anyone else at the time. I could barely speak to her I was so excited. It was a huge disappointment.

But, others have said they had great experiences meeting her. Mine was just not good.

enteng2 Profile Photo
enteng2
#10re: Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall
Posted: 8/25/05 at 11:52am

Read the "QUOTABLE quotes" (might shed some light on the question of why is Lea still a Big Star on Broadway despite her seemingly limited stints in NY or Theatre per se.)

http://www.broadway.com/gen/Buzz_Star_File.aspx?ci=23104

Watch her and you'll fall in love with her.

Meet her and you would love to kiss her.

Updated On: 8/25/05 at 11:52 AM

PB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
#11re: Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall
Posted: 8/25/05 at 12:20pm

Someone please post a review AND song list of this one. My take on Lea's popularity is that VOICE. It's as flawless as anyone I've heard. And she really has that stage/audience connection down pat. A real class act.

When I covered her last summer at Lenape I was pleasantly surprised to see that about one third of the crowd was Filipino.They must have came from everywhere to see her. She really brought them in and coddle them during her show.
Here's the link to that night:
https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=1032

Thanks,
Pati

www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"
Updated On: 8/25/05 at 12:20 PM

KChenowethfan Profile Photo
KChenowethfan
#12re: Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall
Posted: 8/25/05 at 3:22pm

I just saw her concert last month in DC. I assume she will do a similiar set at Carnegie. 99% of the audience was Filipino. I was the token white girl. I think was draws people to her is her voice. From legit to belt, she does it all quite well with very few flaws. It was an enjoyable evening, so I would recommend seeing her at this concert if you can.

"Why do you care what people might say? Why try to fit into their design?" (Side Show)

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#13re: Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall
Posted: 8/25/05 at 6:27pm

Maybe she was pissed that there was only FIVE people waiting for her...

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

#14re: Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall
Posted: 8/25/05 at 9:55pm

I saw here in concert here in LA and really enjoyed it! Lea's voice is absolutely breathtaking. Too bad I can't make it to NYC in November!

~Rosalynn

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#15re: Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall
Posted: 8/25/05 at 11:11pm

Does she have any CD'S out, other then on Disney soundtracks?
Updated On: 8/25/05 at 11:11 PM

fr_sabo
#16re: Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall
Posted: 8/26/05 at 10:29am

I saw a posting on her newsgroup that she'll have a 26-piece orchestra ... compared to the 6-piece she travelled with. Should be a great evening ... can't wait.

BoxFive Profile Photo
BoxFive
#17re: Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall
Posted: 8/26/05 at 12:50pm

Her last concert was a true thrill, looking forward to this one.

Unfledge them of their...perriwigs, And they appear like bald-cootes, in the nest. Beaumont, Knt. Malta, (1616).

enteng2 Profile Photo
enteng2
#18re: Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall
Posted: 8/26/05 at 1:46pm

26-piece orchestra????

whhy didn't i save up for that???? grrrrrrrrrrrr!

i'd probably see her some other time...maybe this concert would ring a bell to broadway producers/directors and demigods to consider Lea for their next big projects. this concert might be a really good oppurtunity for her to come back to the place where she really belongs!

GO LEA!

Updated On: 8/26/05 at 01:46 PM

Sarah2
#19re: Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall
Posted: 8/26/05 at 3:01pm

I wish I could go to the concert. re: Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall Does anyone know of concerts in other cities? I just started listening to the Les Mis concert CD about a week ago and I seriously became a fan from the first song (On My Own) that I listened to her sing on the CD. Of course, I didn't know that I had actually heard her sing before in Aladdin and Mulan (two of my favorite Disney movies). I rented the video taping of the Les Mis concert yesterday and can't wait to watch it!

eatlasagna
#20re: Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall
Posted: 8/26/05 at 5:12pm

yeah... lea has quite a few CDs out there... there was her first CD released back in 1991 or 92... she made a few CDs that are released from the Philippines (sung in english of course).... just got here actually...

Lea Salonga CDs

fr_sabo
#21re: Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall
Posted: 8/31/05 at 10:40pm

Saw this on Lea's newsgroup ... here's the ad copy of Lea's Carnegie Hall concert:

re: Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall

JoMarch Profile Photo
JoMarch
#22re: Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall
Posted: 8/31/05 at 10:42pm

She looks really pretty in the flyer. Thanks for posting it. re: Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall

enteng2 Profile Photo
enteng2
#23re: Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall
Posted: 9/1/05 at 4:15am

re: Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall

GORGEOUS!

PUSH THIS UP!!!!!

enteng2 Profile Photo
enteng2
#24re: Just got my Lea Salonga tickets at Carneige Hall
Posted: 9/3/05 at 6:11am

push!

Videos