BWay Videos

Javert4
#0BWay Videos
Posted: 8/30/05 at 1:59am

I heard that The NY public Library has a special collection of taped BWay shows that may be viewed only on the premises. Is this rumor? I very much would like to see The Man of La Mancha revival performance with Brian Stokes Mitchell.
Updated On: 8/30/05 at 01:59 AM

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#1re: BWay Videos
Posted: 8/30/05 at 2:09am

I've heard it too, and that you need special ID to see them or a certain reason or something like that.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

nodaybut2day2007
#2re: BWay Videos
Posted: 8/30/05 at 2:13am

I have also heard this and would love to know how to see them, if anyone has details.

Chip1012 Profile Photo
Chip1012
#3re: BWay Videos
Posted: 8/30/05 at 2:58am

I would love to also! I think I'll use the SEARCH button and find out all about this great resource. Updated On: 8/30/05 at 02:58 AM

nodaybut2day2007
#4re: BWay Videos
Posted: 8/30/05 at 3:25am

I'm a little search retarded whenever I search something it always just comes up with every single thread. So if you could be so kind and point us in the right direction, that would be nice.

#5re: BWay Videos
Posted: 8/30/05 at 3:36am

I heard JFK was assassinated.

kas Profile Photo
kas
#6re: BWay Videos
Posted: 8/30/05 at 6:22am

i hear some people on this board can be mean when it comes to people who have tried to search.

chita - JFK is living with elvis and lincoln on the island in LOST.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#7re: BWay Videos
Posted: 8/30/05 at 7:01am

Elvis is alive & well & appearing 8 times a week @ the Palace theater

The great unwashed masses - those who actually support theater by buying tickets - cannot view the videos @ Lincoln Center. This is really fair (not). You wonder why .....

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 8/30/05 at 07:01 AM

#8re: BWay Videos
Posted: 8/30/05 at 4:40pm

I am constantly amazed at how easy searching can be. Just recently someone posted that they wanted to find out about a musical called WHAT ABOUT LUV. I decided to google it and found nothing. Then I searched on Amazon.com and found the cd with audio clips. It took me less than 45 seconds to find it.

Mean? Updated On: 8/30/05 at 04:40 PM

Yankeefan007
#9re: BWay Videos
Posted: 8/30/05 at 4:45pm

you have to make an appointment to view a taped performance, only if you have proof that its for a school project, or, if you are an actor/director/choreographer, etc. and wish to view an original performance.

brdwaybaby17 Profile Photo
brdwaybaby17
#10re: BWay Videos
Posted: 8/30/05 at 4:48pm

I've heard it's not actually that hard... met someone who does it often... to see old shows when she's playing a role.

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#11re: BWay Videos
Posted: 8/30/05 at 5:18pm

it's fairly easy. go get a library card from them. then you have to have a reason to watch the video and you can. but you can only do it once. ever. that's it.

brdwaybaby17 Profile Photo
brdwaybaby17
#12re: BWay Videos
Posted: 9/1/05 at 6:11pm

Wait... you can only ever watch one video? Or that particular one?

marvin2 Profile Photo
marvin2
#13re: BWay Videos
Posted: 9/1/05 at 6:15pm

I believe it's once per video.

Avatar (C) Gregory Jbara, used with permission. Visit his web site at www.gregoryjbara.com! Click here!

BroadwayBettini2 Profile Photo
BroadwayBettini2
#14re: BWay Videos
Posted: 9/1/05 at 7:04pm

I think I said this in some other thread related to this subject, but I'll repeat it anyway.

The school I will be attending in October in NY, has a class called Musical Theater Film Lab, where you get to watch taped performances of broadway shows for educational purposes. I think that either the NY library or the Library of the Performing Arts is the library that lets the school use the videos. All I know is that I'll be able to see rare performances come October.

"You gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?" -Bernadette Peters SUPPORT ALL SHOOK UP!!!

Fosse76
#15re: BWay Videos
Posted: 9/1/05 at 7:17pm

You need to get an access card. Anyone in the New York area can easily get one. Generally they don't require proof of reason to see the show (it will depend on the restriction per that video). My former roommate went all the time. You can only view a show once. Also, keep in mind, not every show has been taped. Shows that are currently running cannot be viewed, and the quality isn't always the greatest.

AngusN
#16re: BWay Videos
Posted: 9/2/05 at 8:06am

They do, I contacted them several years ago about getting hold of a copy the Lincoln broadcast of 'A Little Night Music' starring Sally Ann Howes, and they said the only way I could watch the show was if I came to the library to see it. Quite difficult when I live in England.

Gothampc
#17re: BWay Videos
Posted: 9/2/05 at 8:49am

The NY Public Library branch at Lincoln Center has a department called Theater on Film & Tape. They have shows that you can watch on the premises. It's best to call ahead because some shows have restrictions on them. The purpose behind this is for "research" and so it's best to have a reason why you want to see the show.

This is the number for information & reservations. (212) 870-1642

http://catnyp.nypl.org/search/tman+of+la+mancha/tman+of+la+mancha/1%2C15%2C38%2CB/frameset&FF=tman+of+la+mancha&6%2C%2C13

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Videos