AHHH! Lohan on B'way?!?!?

Broadway_Baby Profile Photo
Broadway_Baby
#0AHHH! Lohan on B'way?!?!?
Posted: 10/2/05 at 6:29pm

If anyone is currently watching whatever the hell is on E! right now, they just did one of those little updates talking about how "Clueless" the musical is in the works and how Lindsay Lohan is being considered for the Broadway cast.

AHHHHH!

Honey, I don't produce theater. I am theater.
Updated On: 10/2/05 at 06:29 PM

colleen_lee
#1re: AHHH! Lohan on B'way?!?!?
Posted: 10/2/05 at 6:33pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

Yankeefan007
#2re: AHHH! Lohan on B'way?!?!?
Posted: 10/2/05 at 6:39pm

not gonna happen

gavrochegirl
#3re: AHHH! Lohan on B'way?!?!?
Posted: 10/2/05 at 6:40pm

NO!

What the puck?!

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#4re: AHHH! Lohan on B'way?!?!?
Posted: 10/2/05 at 6:41pm

To be honest I actuall think that clueless would make a pretty funny musical. Lohan, however, should not be in it. If it was a non-musical I think she would be perfect though.

Akiva

FlyingHigh2
#5re: AHHH! Lohan on B'way?!?!?
Posted: 10/2/05 at 6:50pm

First of all, Clueless the musical sounds promising. The movie is great and continues to appeal to people.

I don't know about Lohan being in it though, she's just not bubbly enough. And no matter how many times she changes her hair color, I always think of her as a red head.

Maybe Hilary Duff would be good? Hmmm....

colleen_lee
#6re: AHHH! Lohan on B'way?!?!?
Posted: 10/2/05 at 6:52pm

>>Maybe Hilary Duff would be good? Hmmm....

::wretches::

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

Magdalene Profile Photo
Magdalene
#7re: AHHH! Lohan on B'way?!?!?
Posted: 10/2/05 at 6:53pm

"Note to self---avoid LL"

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"

DefyingEDCT Profile Photo
DefyingEDCT
#8re: AHHH! Lohan on B'way?!?!?
Posted: 10/2/05 at 6:53pm

Laura Bell Bundy

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#9re: AHHH! Lohan on B'way?!?!?
Posted: 10/2/05 at 6:58pm

Lohan on Broadway?
No.
No.
No.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#10re: AHHH! Lohan on B'way?!?!?
Posted: 10/2/05 at 7:01pm

but imagine all the money the show'll rake in...

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

Penny4Eyes Profile Photo
Penny4Eyes
#11re: AHHH! Lohan on B'way?!?!?
Posted: 10/2/05 at 7:04pm

what the flippin bleep? i want that girl to go down to the earths core and suffer through a long painful death! ok not really i dont want anyone to die but Lohan will ruin Broadway FOREVER!

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#12re: AHHH! Lohan on B'way?!?!?
Posted: 10/2/05 at 7:09pm

I usually don't mind stunt casting, but her...?

It's a gimmick.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#13re: AHHH! Lohan on B'way?!?!?
Posted: 10/2/05 at 7:13pm

I don't think she could keep up with an 8 performances a week schedule.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#14re: AHHH! Lohan on B'way?!?!?
Posted: 10/2/05 at 7:14pm

people w/broadway credits please, god no lohan or duff!!

boatsintheghetto Profile Photo
boatsintheghetto
#15re: AHHH! Lohan on B'way?!?!?
Posted: 10/2/05 at 7:15pm

some one PLEASE shoot me now before this gets out of hand no lohan on BW please!

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#16re: AHHH! Lohan on B'way?!?!?
Posted: 10/2/05 at 7:20pm

OK, why does everyone hate Lohan? I don't get it, I think she's done some pretty funny films. Now, having said that, I'd die if they hire her to be on Broadway. There's so many great new talents on Broadway and a lot of trained stage actors who deserve the chance to open a show on Broadway, Lohan has not done anything to deserve such an opportunity. And whoever prefers Hillary Duff over Lindsay Lohan is a little crazy because although neither should set foot on a Broadway stage, at least Lohan is not an annoying, hypocritical, teeny-bopper.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#17re: AHHH! Lohan on B'way?!?!?
Posted: 10/2/05 at 7:21pm

*retches*

I best never see Lindsay Lohan OR Hilary Duff on Broadway. Ever.

I've been hearing rumors of Hilary Duff being Belle on Broadway, but I figured [and hoped]these weren't true because they had just replaced Belle.

Do not take Broadway & ruin it. Please.
~kangaroo

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#18re: AHHH! Lohan on B'way?!?!?
Posted: 10/2/05 at 7:23pm

I don't see what the problem is. I would pay to see Lohan in the show. Why is everyone so melodramatic about the possibility of Lohan on Broadway? She was excellent in Freaky Friday and Mean Girls. Duff I can understand because she's not a good actress, but Lohan is actually talented. I guess it's just "cool" to hate her. People overreact every time her name comes up on this board.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

DefyingEDCT Profile Photo
DefyingEDCT
#19re: AHHH! Lohan on B'way?!?!?
Posted: 10/2/05 at 7:24pm

If Aaron Carter can do it ..

Composer9 Profile Photo
Composer9
#20re: AHHH! Lohan on B'way?!?!?
Posted: 10/2/05 at 7:25pm

No one who requires digital enhancement to make their voice sound midly pleasing, and I use that term loosely, should ever...EVER be anywhere near Broadway...'nough said.

The key to the mystery of a great artist is that for reasons unknown, he will give away his energies and his life just to make sure that one note follows another... and leaves us with the feeling that something is right in the world. ~Leonard Bernstein~

Phantom05 Profile Photo
Phantom05
#21re: AHHH! Lohan on B'way?!?!?
Posted: 10/2/05 at 7:25pm

First of all, Clueless isn't that bad of an idea for a musical....

....For those who didn't know, Clueless is just a modernized version of "Emma" by Jane Austen!

I think it could actually work well, but we'll see.

...LOHAN, however, now that would be a "diva-wannabe-distaster" waiting to happen, lol. Plus I agree with others who say that she couldn't handle an 8 show a week performance schedule. I seems to me that so many film and television actors underestimate the stamina needed to do 8 shows a week. It a very rewarding thing, but it is still a lot of work none-the-less!

....OY!

Later!

Phantom05

------- "We Drink Your Blood And Then We Eat Your Soul, Nothings Gonna Stop Us Let The Bad Times Roll" -------"Past The Point Of No Return, No Backward Glances, Abandon Thought And Let The Dream Begin"

insomniak
#22re: AHHH! Lohan on B'way?!?!?
Posted: 10/2/05 at 7:27pm

EDCT, it might be because some of these movie-to-stage deals are threatening the art in its purest form. People are starting to see broadway as a place to see another version of their favorite movie and don't realize that theatre itself has a lot of artistic and literary merit. Those shows make money and will thus continue to exist, but they make it harder for original pieces to catch a break. Tourists will flock to what they know.

Phantom05 Profile Photo
Phantom05
#23re: AHHH! Lohan on B'way?!?!?
Posted: 10/2/05 at 7:28pm

P.S....

Why not just do a musical version of Emma....They are the same thing, lol!

....I just think that if you are going to novelize a story onstage, why not base is on the original text? Jane Austen's book Emma is absolutely delicious and witty!

Whatever....Clueless is a fun, and actually well-written, movie!

Phantom05

------- "We Drink Your Blood And Then We Eat Your Soul, Nothings Gonna Stop Us Let The Bad Times Roll" -------"Past The Point Of No Return, No Backward Glances, Abandon Thought And Let The Dream Begin"
Updated On: 10/2/05 at 07:28 PM

Shoshana BeanieBaby
#24YAY!!!! Lohan on B'way?!!!!
Posted: 10/2/05 at 7:29pm

Am I the only person who really really really likes her. I think she's so talented (as an actress at least) and wouldn't be the worst choice to play cher.

Videos