Chitty Chitty Bang Bang OBC

babykitty_00 Profile Photo
babykitty_00
#0Chitty Chitty Bang Bang OBC
Posted: 10/14/05 at 4:04pm

Sorry to bring this up again....but I heard yesterday AGAIN that there was a release date for the OBCR. Rumors on this have been so crazy back and forth, does anyone have any definitive information?
Thanks!

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#1re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang OBC
Posted: 10/14/05 at 4:06pm

It's not the OBC. It's the American release of the OLC.

babykitty_00
#2re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang OBC
Posted: 10/14/05 at 4:18pm

oh ok..thanks for the info. I thought that's probably what it was, but ya never know!

nicole neumann2 Profile Photo
nicole neumann2
#3re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang OBC
Posted: 10/14/05 at 4:19pm

i wrote to broadwayworld.com's cd Reviewer Jose Valdez. this is that he e-mailed me back:

Nicole, (that's me)

The original Broadway cast recording of Chitty is Scheduled to be released on 11/08/05, by Sony Records.The London cast is already released and is available through Amazon.com.

there's notm much more information available at this time on the broadway recording.

hope that helps you.

Jose

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#4re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang OBC
Posted: 10/14/05 at 4:23pm

I thought we established that it's the US/Canada release of the OLCR? Then it won't be categorized as an import.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

melissa errico fan
#5re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang OBC
Posted: 10/14/05 at 4:26pm

Hate to burst your bubble, Nicole, but Jose is wrong in this case. The Original London Cast Recording that has been readily available in the US for the past few years is still considered an import. This is the OFFICIAL release of the London recording in the US. The Broadway cast has never been (and probably will never be) recorded.

A lot of people have been confused by this. A similar situation happened a few years ago with MAMMA MIA, when they released the London recording here but said it was the OBCR.

Mark in Oakland
#6re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang OBC
Posted: 10/14/05 at 4:28pm

Amazon.com has a listing for an Original Broadway Cast recording of Chitty to be released Nov 8th.

babykitty_00
#7re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang OBC
Posted: 10/14/05 at 4:29pm

see how crazy this is? It's truly maddening that we can't get a straight answer. I heard from a source that said the show was not expected to be a hit, therefore no one wanted to spend the money on a OBC recording. But now, apparently because it is a hit they will record it. this is nuts!!! but I'm still holding out for a miracle...lol

luvtheEmcee
#8re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang OBC
Posted: 10/14/05 at 4:30pm

Amazon's wrong.

The show hasn't been recorded.

A hit? It's probably closing soon. re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang OBC

nicole neumann2 Profile Photo
nicole neumann2
#9re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang OBC
Posted: 10/14/05 at 4:43pm

it says it on amazon.com that it's comming out or not? i am very conused. i hear one thing and i hear someting else. i am very very conused. anyone else conused like me????

luvtheEmcee
#10re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang OBC
Posted: 10/14/05 at 4:45pm

Amazon lists it -- incorrectly -- as the Broadway Cast Recording.

Mark in Oakland
#11re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang OBC
Posted: 10/14/05 at 4:46pm

It seems doubtful that Amazon.com would be taking orders for a CD that hasn't been recorded (i.e. with the Original BROADWAY cast).

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#12re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang OBC
Posted: 10/14/05 at 4:47pm

I'm terribly conused too, just so darned conused...

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#13re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang OBC
Posted: 10/14/05 at 4:47pm

Amazon is wrong.

There is no Broadway Cast Recording coming out. It has not been recorded. Several people have asked actual cast members, and everyone has said it isn't bein recorded.

melissa errico fan
CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#15re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang OBC
Posted: 10/14/05 at 4:52pm

there's nothing confusing about it. the CD being released on November 8th is the US/Canada release of the original London cast recording. had the Broadway cast gone into the studio to record we would have known about it long before the CD had a release date... Amazon and other sites have the US release of OLCR listed incorrectly. the end.

luvtheEmcee
#16re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang OBC
Posted: 10/14/05 at 4:52pm

They're taking orders for the CD because the CD they're releasing exists -- it's just not what they're listing it as.

timote316
#17re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang OBC
Posted: 10/14/05 at 4:53pm

Bah to false advertising.

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#18re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang OBC
Posted: 10/14/05 at 6:36pm

At first, I had no desire to see this. But since hearing the OLC and seeing the clips from the Broadway production, I now do. What I don't understand is, What exactly seems to be wrong with this show, The music and the clips look so absolutely enchanting as the film, even has the film feeling. Anyone?

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

timote316
#19re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang OBC
Posted: 10/14/05 at 6:41pm

I think the show's strength and weakness is that its aimed at kids - while it accomplishes its goal perfectly, I could see the arguement that it is geared too much to kids. I went into the show with the mentality of an 8 year old. I loved every minute. Some people just aren't willing to do that.

Plus, the weekly operating costs are astronomical. Put a huge cast in a show with a huge mechanical prop with big sets and lots of costumes, and you have a disaster waiting to happen.

kidmanboy Profile Photo
kidmanboy
#20re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang OBC
Posted: 10/14/05 at 6:47pm

info on Amazon is always sketchy until the CD is actually released...if you trust amazon then Dessa Rose was on Broadway.

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#21re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang OBC
Posted: 10/14/05 at 7:04pm

That was a perfect answer Timote316, You should be doing the reviews for some major publication. I salute you - You answered in perfect fashion. Kudos to you.

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

luvtheEmcee
#22re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang OBC
Posted: 10/14/05 at 7:05pm

Exactly. I think it's accomplishing its goal just fine, but that's not a goal that everybody likes.

timote316
#23re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang OBC
Posted: 10/14/05 at 7:33pm

Hardly major publication, jimmirae, but thank you for the compliment re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang OBC
Updated On: 10/14/05 at 07:33 PM

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#24re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang OBC
Posted: 10/14/05 at 9:36pm

I just thought it well done how you answered my question so precise and well said, to the point. I was RIGHT THERE with your thought and was satisfied. It isn't easy getting any such answers, on these boards or otherwise. I like your idiom! And, You are most welcome. "Write On" :)

Videos