pixeltracker

You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....- Page 2

You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#25re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 10:20am

Off the top of my head...

1) When you won't go to the barber because you're afraid of what he might do to you.

2) When you DO go to the barber, you take his shaving basin and put it on your head.

3) You sit down to watch Sesame Street with your son/daughter/niece/nephew and wonder where all the swearing and nudity went.

4) You hear Dancing Queen on the radio and you think that it's a positive step toward eventually musicals getting airplay

5) Anytime anyone anywhere snaps their fingers you go into crouch and start snapping in rhythm.

6.) Your answering machine only says "Speak."

7.) Whenever you watch the movies Beauty and the Beast or The Lion King it takes twice as long because you have to stop it to sing all the added songs as well.

8.) Whenever you watch the movie Footloose you thank God that you don't have to stop the movie to sing all the added songs as well.

9.) Anytime you need to use a number code for anything the numbers 24601 somehow make it in.

10.) You can't talk to anyone named Christine without thinking "I looooooooove you" right after saying her name.

11.) You pause for a moment on December 24th, 9 pm.

12.) When you study the Continental Congress you know all the players names but can't understand why your teacher leaves out the gavotte that all the "right wing" founding father's did, and then rejoice when it is added back in in a later lesson.

13.) You know who shot all the president's before your teacher gives the information, and he looks at you like you must be insane (OK, years ago, this one actually happened to me).

14.) Anytime someone uses the word "etcetera" you automatically add two more on.

15.) You think May is lusty and June is bustin' out all over. (If you're REALLY dedicated, you know that April was too eager, May wasn't any fun, and making love to June was like deflowering a nun -- and her name is actually April, not June. June left with Tulsa which is in Oklahoma which is OK!)

16.) You've worn your hair long, straight, curly, fuzzy, snaggy, shaggy, ratty, matty, oily, greasy, fleecy, shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen, knotted, polka dotted, twisted, beaded, braided, powered, flowered and confettied, bangled, tangled, spangled and spahettied.

17.) You use J Pierpont Finch as your model for how to move up in the business world.

18.) You think all orphans live an awful life full of hard work and no more gruel.

19.) You check your map of the highlands of Scotland every day to see if today's the day....

20.) You think the national anthem should include the words "my land's only borders lie around my heart."

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.
Updated On: 10/15/05 at 10:20 AM

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#26re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 10:31am

Why thank you jasonf. re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when.... My name happens to be Christine.

So far, I have done almost everything mentioned in the previous posts.

-When you see the same show many times JUST to see it from all possible angles.

-When you spend bill money just to get premium seats for a special performances.

-You speak about Broadway actors in everyday conversation, and only use their first name (expecting of course that everyone knows about whom you're speaking).

-When you're watching a televised performance on TV, and not only can pick out actors in the audience, but Producers, Lyricists, Choreographers as well.

-When you're sitting quietly during intermission and cannot help but turn to the out-of-state ladies duscussing Broadway, and correct all horrible mistakes they are making by what they say.

-When random words spark an entire musical number in your mind.

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~

farfrombway
#27re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 11:01am

Jasonf and Theaterbaby your lists rock! You write to a cast member of a show and you learn by heart the show scedule. So you know what days they have off and can figure out what day you could possibly hear from them!

YessicaB
#28re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 12:04pm

-You find out you'll be going on a trip and the first thing you check is what touring shows you might be able to see while you're out of town.
-You spend your entire weeks earnings on Greyhound tickets to NYC and then tickets to shows EVERY weekend for 3 month and as a result don't have money for food left, but couldn't care less.
-Your friends (who don't enjoy theater) know the lyrics to at least 50 showtunes because you sing them so often that they've memorized them.
-You get a standing ovation in a subway station for spontanously singing "My New Philosophy" (by yourself), because you're bored.
-The 9mth old you watch during the day hates Baby Einstein but loves to watch your tape from the Tonys with you. And who claps when you switch the radio station to the showtunes channel.

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#29re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 12:33pm

wow i am a deranged musical theatre freak then.

i've got one; when you go to see a show on your birthday and you tell the stage manager it's your birthday and he lets you backstage and you literally BUMP into one of your favorite actors [norbert leo butz!] and he gives you a hug and wishes you a happy birthday!

or

when you're backstage at that show, crying and hyperventalating because you're in shock at where you are, and the actors tell you that they love reactions like that and you tell them you're not usually this emotional, and they don't believe you.

or

instead of paying attention in class, you're writing showtunes over and over again in your notebook, and did i mention the notebook in which you're writing the lyrics in has a broadway collage on the cover?

or

when you stay home on a friday night instead of going out to listen to the original broadway cast recording of your favorite show.

yahh even though i know i need a life, i'm happy with me obsessive theatre-kid one. =)

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

XOsweet_dancerOX Profile Photo
XOsweet_dancerOX
#30re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 12:45pm

dramaqueen got me with the notebook thing.
~everytime you leave the house you tell your parents " i have to go ouuuuuut tonight"~

Kristin Chenoweth could barely control a Great Dane she trotted onto the stage. "Great, they gave me a dog that weighs five times what I do", she quipped. For the record, she weighs 93 pounds, and has a Maltese.

new_philosophy_girl Profile Photo
new_philosophy_girl
#31re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 12:49pm

When you can't wait to be a BWW board Broadway Legend...

Sponsor me as I walk the Philadelphia AIDS Walk - Sunday, October 16, 2011. Many of our friends, family and neighbors are in desperate need of health care services and other life-saving programs, but with cutbacks in government dollars , these programs are often under-funded. Now, more than ever, your donations are needed to support organizations providing HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention education, counseling and testing and care services for people living with HIV/AIDS. http://www.aidswalkphilly.org/users/index.php/profile/detail/186643

TheaterBaby
#32re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 12:50pm

I got another one.

When you actually have to lie to the people in your house/family and tell them you are going to a party or a movie because they have sat you down and had somewhat of an intervention regarding your seeing "way too many Broadway Shows and concerts."

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#33re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 2:01pm

I like the can't wait to be a Broadway Legend one...

Couple more to add to my list above:

21)You're scared that all plants you've never seen before might eat you

22)Instead of playing cops and robbers with your toy guns as a kid, you recited the "how many bullets, Chino" speech over and over.

23)Or, you stared at your little finger while bored and wondered how it would change the world.

24) You've spent nights just leaning on lampposts....

25) ....watching all the girls go by

26) When you are in the cakes and cookies aisle of the supermarket you can't resist yelling out "Twinkies, oh my God, I love those!"

27.) Every time you have a hamburger you say to it: "I guess this is goodbye, old friend"

28.) You wish the Senators were still a team so you could root for them...

29)You hate the Yankees, just because you feel you should

30) You're at a baseball game, and whether or not you're gay, whether or not you know the person in front of you, you just can't resist running your fingers through the baldspot of the guy in front of you.

31) You want to post 100 Ways to be a deranged musical theater lover, not because it's a nice round number, but because, well, you ain't making it to 525,600 and Bernstein came first anyway.

Updated On: 10/15/05 at 02:01 PM

smartpenguin78 Profile Photo
smartpenguin78
#34re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 2:08pm

The most deranged of all:

When everything listed in this thread seems prefectly normal and rational to you, and you can't believe anyone would think otherwise.

I stand corrected, you are as vapid as they say.

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#35re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 2:10pm

haha -- I was thinking the same thing - I'm at a friend's house now - he would have NO idea what the heck I'm writing...

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#36re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 2:12pm

"26) When you are in the cakes and cookies aisle of the supermarket you can't resist yelling out "Twinkies, oh my God, I love those!" "

*dies* i alwayssssss do that.

smartpenguin78
#37re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 2:14pm

I remain on BWW, because I am watching college football on TV, and I must have my BW. There seems to be no chance they are going to break into a musical number on the field. I will post immediately if they do.

theatrebabe
#38re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 2:26pm

Hah. I will be very interested to see if that does happen penguin. My biggest one is the random words sparking entire musical numbers.Yesterday in French, my class has to listen to me sing all of RENT because someone said something that sparked Over the Moon in my head. Sad really. And my library on Musicmatch consists of only showtunes.

"While some feel it is a film related question, I seem to think it may be a 'I am thinking of losing my winkie' sort of question."
-cheezedoodle

bwayrunner22 Profile Photo
bwayrunner22
#39re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 2:29pm

The staying home on Friday night thing got me. Another: When you're home alone, you turn up the stereo and belt out your favorite show tunes at the top of your lungs.

Waiting till there is no one in the house to shower so you can sing really loudly in the shower (everyone knows that's where the best tone comes out).

smartpenguin78
#40re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 2:29pm

How many times have I been in the subway singing, "They all deserve to die..." Sadly far too many.
At least with RENT noone would think you are a mass murderess. re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#41re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 2:38pm

- When you and your friends start singing Goodbye Love on the subway for no reason at all.

- To add to the Wicked stage door one. When you wait an hour and a half, and it starts to snow. And you're still at that stage door.

- When you tell the actors that yes, this is my last time. And then come back twice more.

"I thought you said you were leaving!"
"I know, but...."

smartpenguin78
#42re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 2:41pm

-When John and Norbert pick you out during curtain call and point and wink at you.

ontheskyway
#43re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 2:50pm

When your life feels unfulfilled because you've never seen a Broadway show.

When your life feels unfulfilled because you've never seen the orignal cast of a Broadway show.

When California suddenly isn't all that exciting...

pab Profile Photo
pab
#44re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 2:54pm

More examples from a similar thread:

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?boardname=bway&thread=859653#1265146

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

boytobroadway
#45re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 2:55pm

I know I am deranged when I CARRY AROUND A FOLDER WITH ME IN SCHOOL DEVOTED TO BROADWAY. It has a list of all the musicals I own cast recordings to and pics of musicals. It also has my Les Mis songbook and Miss Saigon program in it.

I also have a folder devoted to Ellen DeGeneres.

Goodness, I am pathetic.

TheaterBaby
#46re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 3:05pm

-When you always carry a camera around with you because you could bump into one of your favorite theatre people.
*Side note-I also carry it around just in case my friends and I have a funny moment; but it's mostly for the first reason*

Barnaby12345 Profile Photo
Barnaby12345
#47re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 3:13pm

When you write down all the lyrics to "La Vie Boheme" in class, when you freak out when you see "huevos rancheros" on a menu, when you go to a movie and can immediately point out the actors that have been in a musical.

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#48re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 3:28pm

when your mom is surprised you quoted something that WASNT from a musical.

WISHIHADATONY Profile Photo
WISHIHADATONY
#49re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 3:29pm

.......when you spell the word YOUR correctly.............YOU'RE
:)

"Blow out the candles Robert and make a wish. Want something, want SOMETHING."