pixeltracker

Michael Rupert songs posted on his new MySpace Music Page

Michael Rupert songs posted on his new MySpace Music Page

WChafin Profile Photo
WChafin
#0Michael Rupert songs posted on his new MySpace Music Page
Posted: 10/15/05 at 8:51pm

Hi everyone. Just wanted to let you all know that we've added Michael to MySpace Music(http://www.myspace.com/michaelrupert). We are currently recording tracks for a project that will hopefully see the light of day at the end of next year. In the meantime, we've added 4 tracks for your listening pleasure, including his version of "Sweet Charity" which will be reissued on DRG this November, as well as live versions of "Monolithic Madness" from his 1988 Broadway Musical MAIL (this version is from the Pasadena Playhouse) and from the 2003 LA TheatreWorks of FALSETTOS a new live version of "What More Can I Say?" as well as a remix of a track from a musical he is currently writing titled STREETS OF AMERICA called "Everything That Is America". So, Enjoy. Let us know what you think.

Michael's MySpace Music Page

Please visit Michael Rupert's MySpace Page includes rare and live performances.
Updated On: 10/15/05 at 08:51 PM

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#1re: Michael Rupert songs posted on his new MySpace Music Page
Posted: 10/15/05 at 10:40pm

yay michael rupert! i love his voice and just him in general!!!

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

AuditioningWaitress
#2re: Michael Rupert songs posted on his new MySpace Music Page
Posted: 10/16/05 at 12:07pm

Wow! Thanks for this...Have always wanted to hear something for MAIL!!! Also, love the new version of "What More Can I Say"...It's beautiful! When do you think you'll have a CD out?

FalsettosFan Profile Photo
FalsettosFan
#3re: Michael Rupert songs posted on his new MySpace Music Page
Posted: 10/16/05 at 3:07pm

How wonderful! MAIL is one of my favorites flops! Plus he is my one and only Marvin!

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#4re: Michael Rupert songs posted on his new MySpace Music Page
Posted: 10/16/05 at 3:15pm

Thanks for the link. Gotta love The Rupert. Amazing.

AuditioningWaitress
#5re: Michael Rupert songs posted on his new MySpace Music Page
Posted: 10/16/05 at 7:27pm

Hey Falsettos Fan...Did you see MAIL on Broadway? I know it was a flop...I always wondered why it wasn't in Ken Mandlebaum's book.

FalsettosFan
#6re: Michael Rupert songs posted on his new MySpace Music Page
Posted: 10/17/05 at 9:18pm

Waitress, Sorry I didn't get a chance to see MAIL on Broadway, I was lucky enough to get a recording of it and the then out of print SWEET CHARITY from Mr. Rupert's partner. It's a fun pop score and had a bunch of great people including Brian Stokes Mitchell, Michelle Pawk, Mary Bond Davis, Robert Mandan and B.D. Wong.

Menken Fan Profile Photo
Menken Fan
#7re: Michael Rupert songs posted on his new MySpace Music Page
Posted: 10/17/05 at 10:17pm

Michael's my favorite Broadway performer. Thank you for posting this information and the tunes. I got to see him in my two favorite shows, Falsettos and A New Brain. I love his performance of the title song on the Lunch studio recording!

BroadwayDoc Profile Photo
BroadwayDoc
#8re: Michael Rupert songs posted on his new MySpace Music Page
Posted: 10/17/05 at 10:20pm

MAIL was indeed a fun show. It was a huge hit out in California, but couldn't find an audience on Broadway. Actually B.D. Wong, then called Brad Wong didn't do the show on Broadway (he was in the original cast in Pasadena), but left the show to do M. BUTTERFLY (and win a Tony) and Brian Stokes Mitchell was just Brian Mitchell and co-wrote one of the songs with Michael Rupert and Jerry Colker.

Good to have some Broadway people on MySpace Music. Thanks for the link.

AuditioningWaitress
#9re: Michael Rupert songs posted on his new MySpace Music Page
Posted: 10/18/05 at 3:51pm

Thanks for the info...I used have a crush on Brian Mitchell (before he was Stokes) when he was on TRAPPER JOHN, M.D. Hope they put more tracks from MAIL (as well as the FALSETTOS recording) on Myspace...Hint, Hint... : )

WChafin Profile Photo
WChafin
#10re: Michael Rupert songs posted on his new MySpace Music Page
Posted: 10/19/05 at 2:22pm

re: Michael Rupert songs posted on his new MySpace Music Page

Thanks for the responses. The CD is pretty much in the "Pre-Production" stage, although one track has been recorded but not finished. We will continue to update the MySpace Music page with some rarities and demo tracks, so keep checking back. Also, you can "friend" us and will be notified when we update and you can always check the website - www.jrockingr.com.

I also posted a message about the show he is currently doing ADRIFT IN MACAO here: https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?thread=871991&dt=101905020326

It has a special price code so you can save some money.

Photo credits:
ADRIFT IN MACAO at The Philadelphia Theatre Company
Rachel deBenedet (Lureena) and Michael Rupert (Rick)

Photo credit: Mark Garvin; Set Design: Thomas Lynch; Costume Design: Willa Kim; Lighting Design: Paul Gallo

Michael @ MySpace Music

Updated On: 10/20/05 at 02:22 PM

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#11re: Michael Rupert songs posted on his new MySpace Music Page
Posted: 10/19/05 at 2:48pm

I have always thought this man was HOT!

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

AuditioningWaitress
#12re: Michael Rupert songs posted on his new MySpace Music Page
Posted: 10/19/05 at 4:29pm

Thanks...I'm looking forward to hearing more! And also to getting his CD when it surfaces...Now if Malcolm Gets and Norm Lewis would get into the recording studio...
Updated On: 10/20/05 at 04:29 PM

WChafin Profile Photo
WChafin
#13re: Michael Rupert songs posted on his new MySpace Music Page
Posted: 10/20/05 at 2:27pm

Thanks DAME, I think he's pretty hot as well : )

AuditioningWaitress
#14re: Michael Rupert songs posted on his new MySpace Music Page
Posted: 10/21/05 at 2:00pm

I'll third that...I think he's pretty hot too...Just because he's only only handsome, but so damn talented! I'm looking forward to having a Michael Rupert CD in my collection!

FalsettosFan
#15re: Michael Rupert songs posted on his new MySpace Music Page
Posted: 10/21/05 at 3:31pm

I agree, he's is like a fine wine - he's get better with age!