Songs Cut From Full Monty?

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#0Songs Cut From Full Monty?
Posted: 10/17/05 at 9:40pm

What songs were cut from The Full Monty after it's pre-Broadway tryout?

Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.
Some guy: You looked great!
Idina: Thanks...I WAS SO HIGH! 8/21/05

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#1re: Songs Cut From Full Monty?
Posted: 10/17/05 at 10:44pm

I don't know anything for a fact, but I would think that since the out of town tryout at the Old Globe was such a tremendous hit they didn't change the show too much before it got to Broadway.

BSoBW2
#2re: Songs Cut From Full Monty?
Posted: 10/17/05 at 10:51pm

I think I remember hearing that one or two songs were cut/changed...

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#3re: Songs Cut From Full Monty?
Posted: 10/17/05 at 10:55pm

Maid of the Mist is the one I was trying to figure out...it's on Emily Skinner's solo CD.

:)

Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#4re: Songs Cut From Full Monty?
Posted: 10/17/05 at 11:07pm

as long as they leave in "Big Ass Rock", "Breeze off the River", "You walk with Me", "Big Black Man" and "Micheal Jordans' Ball" - Then all is well! I LOVE this show! One of those great works that can make one laugh and cry. I'm seeing the currant tour soon too - God, I LOVE THIS SHOW!!

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#5re: Songs Cut From Full Monty?
Posted: 10/17/05 at 11:11pm

Where are you seeing it?

I'm going to NSMT as I just found out Sebastian is doing it!

:)

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#6re: Songs Cut From Full Monty?
Posted: 10/17/05 at 11:17pm

I'm going to most likely be catching up with it during it's run in Miami. If not - I'll catch it a bit later on some of the northern stops. GOD, I LOVE THIS SHOW!! I'll miss Patrick Wilson, But I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! (Patrick Wilson was TOO FAB in it!!)

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

IssaMe
#7re: Songs Cut From Full Monty?
Posted: 10/18/05 at 8:06am

There are a bunch of songs that were written but didn't make it into the final show. One of the funniest is "The Hard Way" - in which the guys list things to keep them from getting an erection.
Truly hilarious lyrics.

It was once (and only once) performed by the original cast members at Caroline's Comedy Club in NYC.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#8re: Songs Cut From Full Monty?
Posted: 10/18/05 at 8:10am

What a brilliant show. One of the few "perfect" musicals out there, I think. I had the pleasure of playing Harold this past summer...SO much fun.

Hanna from Hamburg Profile Photo
Hanna from Hamburg
#9re: Songs Cut From Full Monty?
Posted: 10/18/05 at 9:17am

In any "normal" Broadway season, Full Monty would have won at least 3-4 awards. I think it deserved best score and best supporting actor AT LEAST, but it was fighting against the buzz of The Producers. I do feel that The Producers deserved many of the awards it received, but I don't agree with some of the decisions (e.g. Supporting Actress, Supporting Actor, Best Score) and The Producers only received some of these awards because the voting committee wanted that record of total awards to be set so that there was a bit more interest in Broadway in general (e.g., a publicity campaign for broadway).

Just my thoughts on the subject.

". . . POP . . ."

#10re: Songs Cut From Full Monty?
Posted: 10/18/05 at 2:10pm

I agree....Full Monty had/has such a great heart and the music is wonderful. It was robbed indeed.

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#11re: Songs Cut From Full Monty?
Posted: 10/18/05 at 2:23pm

Someone fill me in.... "Maid of the Mist?"

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#12re: Songs Cut From Full Monty?
Posted: 10/18/05 at 3:12pm

I believe that refers to a boat on their honeymoon, Jerry and his wife when they first married. His wife makes 2 references to what he said on "The Maid of the Mist" and, some have said that was once a song that was cut.

beacon1
#13re: Songs Cut From Full Monty?
Posted: 10/18/05 at 3:46pm

It's a boat that tours around the falls, the whirlpool, etc.

As for "The Hard Way"...I would love to have heard that performance at Carolines!

Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Patrick Wilson Fans --New "UnOfficial Fan Site". Come check us out!

Patrick Wilson Yahoo Group

Patrick Wilson Facebook Fan Page

AuditioningWaitress
#14re: Songs Cut From Full Monty?
Posted: 10/18/05 at 3:48pm

Was "Maid In The Mist" the track that was available only if you ordered directly from Fynsworth Alley?

NSMTpublicity Profile Photo
NSMTpublicity
#15re: Songs Cut From Full Monty?
Posted: 10/18/05 at 3:57pm

re: Songs Cut From Full Monty?

For those interested, here is and image of the men of North Shore Music Theatre’s production of THE FULL MONTY.
Top Row (l-r): Craig Bennett, Darren Ritchie, Sebastian Arcelus, George Dvorsky
Bottom row (l-r): Milton Craig Nealy, Bill English
MORE INFORMATION and TICKETS

Where Music and Theatre Come To Life

AuditioningWaitress
#16re: Songs Cut From Full Monty?
Posted: 10/18/05 at 4:02pm

Thanks for the pic....Hoping to get a chance to see this...Love Sebastian Arcelus!

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#17re: Songs Cut From Full Monty?
Posted: 10/18/05 at 4:18pm

I can't find it, but if someone else can, I dunno maybe it's gone, but there used to be a website: "musical theatre heaven" or something like that which featured a song list from the early previews from the globe... I remember seeing a few songs titles I didn't recognize...

RentBoy86
#18re: Songs Cut From Full Monty?
Posted: 10/18/05 at 5:28pm

Which one is Jerry in the pic? They should have kept in Maid of the Mist, w/o it, Jerry's wife has little to do, but still a great show all around. Wish the tour would come back through.

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#19re: Songs Cut From Full Monty?
Posted: 10/18/05 at 5:34pm

I live right in Beverly...very close to NSMT. I'm excited to see this show and the new theatre!

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#20re: Songs Cut From Full Monty?
Posted: 10/18/05 at 5:45pm

Awwwwwww

LOVE Sebastian

and LOVE The Full Monty, I really think it's one of the most underrated musicals out there

AlienOnBroadway
#21re: Songs Cut From Full Monty?
Posted: 10/18/05 at 6:02pm

well if I wasn't already excited about seeing this, that would do it.

and to answer the question, I believe Darren Ritchie will be playing Jerry. He's the one on the left in very little clothing...
Updated On: 10/18/05 at 06:02 PM

NSMTpublicity Profile Photo
NSMTpublicity
#22re: Songs Cut From Full Monty?
Posted: 10/18/05 at 7:17pm

re: Songs Cut From Full Monty?

The men of THE FULL MONTY will be (l-r)"
TOP ROW: Craig Bennett (Dave Bukatinsky), Darren Ritchie (Jerry Lukowski), Sebastian Arcelus (Ethan Girard), George Dvorsky (Harold Nichols).
BOTTOM ROW: Milton Craig Nealy (Noah “Horse” T. Simmons), Bill English (Malcolm MacGregor)

as for the NEW NSMT. The lobby is still the same.. but the entire interior of the theatre has been stripped, cleaned, new carpets, wider seats, even rows so all have great leg room, a new wheelchair section mid way back in section A with stadium seating behind it. Though these things are gret... we lost 300 seats in the conversion (now only 1,500 seats). They dont make seats as narrow as the ones we had.. and we lost a few rows for the leg room to be evened out and new wheelchair section in A. Of course we have new lifts, lights and sound and the stage is new (though we rebuild the stage for every show.. if you didnt notice.. the stage is a different shape/ design for every show. We are very excited to be able to reopen... but it is a long haul for us to make up the money we have lost due to the fire. Please encourage as many people you know to attend the show... and consider a small donation... it will go a long way to helping NSMT build for the future.

Where Music and Theatre Come To Life
Updated On: 10/18/05 at 07:17 PM

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#23re: Songs Cut From Full Monty?
Posted: 10/18/05 at 7:25pm

excellent.

Updated On: 10/18/05 at 07:25 PM

AlienOnBroadway
#24re: Songs Cut From Full Monty?
Posted: 10/18/05 at 8:37pm

the theatre has been stripped,

haha. you said stripped!

Seriously though, I have good things about most of the cast of this show and I have personally seen good things from one of them, so I think its going to be a real treat!
And if I may add: the Box Office personnel are very nice at NSMT.

Videos