pixeltracker

Question about See What I Wanna See

Question about See What I Wanna See

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#0Question about See What I Wanna See
Posted: 10/18/05 at 4:11pm

I was curious as to what capacity has been for the show. I am planning on seeing it over Thanksgiving and I want to know if I should get my tickets ASAP. Thanks!

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#1re: Question about See What I Wanna See
Posted: 10/18/05 at 4:13pm

I think it's been nearly full, if not completely full, for all shows, and I imagine Thanksgiving will be 100% - get your tickets quick! (If you live in the city and you're a student, you can buy advanced discount seats for $25.)

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#2re: Question about See What I Wanna See
Posted: 10/18/05 at 4:15pm

It's not that big a place.

Type_A_Tiff
#3re: Question about See What I Wanna See
Posted: 10/18/05 at 4:20pm

I could be pulling this number out of my butt, but isn't there a sign in the Public's vicinity that says it has a capacity of 200-something?

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#4re: Question about See What I Wanna See
Posted: 10/18/05 at 4:25pm

take my advice and go see another show!!!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#5re: Question about See What I Wanna See
Posted: 10/18/05 at 4:28pm

Yeah, I remember seeing a sign saying the max compacity for fire laws and it's like 240ish.

I saw a matinee and it wasn't completely full, there were still 20-ish seats available throughout the theater that I could see, so it might be easier to get tickets for matinees as opposed to evening shows.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#6re: Question about See What I Wanna See
Posted: 10/18/05 at 4:41pm

Anyone seen the show? Reviews?

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

orangeskittles
#7re: Question about See What I Wanna See
Posted: 10/18/05 at 4:45pm

Do a search, there have been multiple threads over the past week with reviews of the show.

Type_A_Tiff
#8re: Question about See What I Wanna See
Posted: 10/18/05 at 4:47pm

The material was uneven but the performances alone were worth the price of admission.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#9re: Question about See What I Wanna See
Posted: 10/18/05 at 4:56pm

WickedOne, there are a few threads around, I'm sure if you do a search something will come up. I STRONGLY advise against muscle's advice. I think this is not to be missed.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#10re: Question about See What I Wanna See
Posted: 10/18/05 at 5:02pm

"the performances alone were worth the price of admission"

totally agree...go see it!

Mark in Oakland
#11re: Question about See What I Wanna See
Posted: 10/18/05 at 5:15pm

According to Stubs magazine, the seating capacity for the Public Anspacher Theatre is 275.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#12re: Question about See What I Wanna See
Posted: 10/18/05 at 5:28pm

withoutatrace...why are u recommending a show u didn't like/get??? LOL

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Tir Na Nog
#13re: Question about See What I Wanna See
Posted: 10/18/05 at 5:34pm

If you like shows like "Wicked" and "The Cheezefest of the Opera" you will most likely hate this show. This is a show for adults where you have to actually use some of your brain to comprehend what is happening on stage and in your ears.

The show is amazing! LaChiusa is def not for the Bridge/Tunnel crowd (thank God)

"One difference between poetry and lyrics is that lyrics sort of fade into the background. They fade on the page and live on the stage when set to music". - Stephen Sondheim

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#14re: Question about See What I Wanna See
Posted: 10/18/05 at 6:11pm

question about the student tickets - are they just regular walk up to the box office early in the morning and get 2 per ID? or can you actually order them in advance?

BroadwayGirl107
#15re: Question about See What I Wanna See
Posted: 10/18/05 at 6:15pm

You can order them in advance, but you must go to the box office in person to do so.

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#16re: Question about See What I Wanna See
Posted: 10/18/05 at 6:20pm

ahhh, okay thanks.

Type_A_Tiff
#17re: Question about See What I Wanna See
Posted: 10/18/05 at 6:22pm

Did they just start doing that recently? Bastards - they told me it had to be day-of last time I was there (which was, admittedly, a while ago).

PS. I love your signature!! When and where did she say it??

Updated On: 10/18/05 at 06:22 PM

BroadwayGirl107
#18re: Question about See What I Wanna See
Posted: 10/18/05 at 6:42pm

Tiff, that's how the quick tix qork I believe, but I'm pretty sure since tickets went on sale they've being doing student tickets in advance.

She said the quote in my signature at one of her concerts in Provincetown over the summer.

orangeskittles
#19re: Question about See What I Wanna See
Posted: 10/18/05 at 7:02pm

The seating capacity maybe 275, but I don't think they're filling the first few columns of the seats on the sides because the set design would interfere with the view.

Type_A_Tiff
#20re: Question about See What I Wanna See
Posted: 10/18/05 at 7:13pm

If I remember correctly, the very sides were filled as well (unless they removed the last couple of columns, but I don't think so). I remember thinking to myself that the view wouldn't be too hot for a lot of the show, which is mostly played to the front or to the left/right-centre audience.

orangeskittles
#21re: Question about See What I Wanna See
Posted: 10/18/05 at 7:40pm

Really? Maybe the show I was just really not full, but they didn't have anyone sitting in the far edge. Wouldn't the red curtain block their entire view during those scenes?

Type_A_Tiff
#22re: Question about See What I Wanna See
Posted: 10/18/05 at 7:50pm

Yeah, it totally would. I was sitting on the left side, seat 7 (I think) which is smack dab in the middle, and already my view was somewhat obstructed. I'm pretty sure there were people at the very sides, and I pitied them a bit during the opening of the acts.

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#23re: Question about See What I Wanna See
Posted: 10/18/05 at 8:34pm

Thanks for the advice. I just ordered my tickets from telecharge. Center Orchestra, Row D.... Yeah!! I like LaChuisa and I really liked the synopsis of the musical... Idina and Marc were added bonuses.

MissElphie Profile Photo
MissElphie
#24re: Question about See What I Wanna See
Posted: 10/18/05 at 9:04pm

I had row A on the side. It was weird, as the stage was on my level. The usher literally had to tell me to get my feet off the stage and I was just sitting on my seat. I could have reached out and touched any of the actors at any time.....but of course I didn't. The place is so small. I didn't realize there WERE bad seats.

Videos