Lestat @ SF

MUNKY Profile Photo
MUNKY
#0Lestat @ SF
Posted: 11/18/05 at 7:28am

Anyone going or hyped up about it in San Francisco? Let me know what you think.

"Now I may not have much, but I have more determination than any man you're likely to meet." - Big Fish
"Misdirection. What the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind believes." - Swordfish

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#1re: Lestat @ SF
Posted: 11/18/05 at 12:53pm

I'm going to see it the week before Christmas -- or at least that's the plan. re: Lestat @ SF Making a trip to the Orpheum today.

I've never seen any of the movies based on Anne Rice's work, nor read any of her books -- so I'm not a fan. But the cast is definitely a draw.

Can't say if SF is getting all vampiric over this. Maybe after White Christmas is over, they will. re: Lestat @ SF

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

justme2 Profile Photo
justme2
#2re: Lestat @ SF
Posted: 11/18/05 at 1:27pm

Yes, this is on my list as well. I am more excited to get a chance to see Carolee Carmello than excited over the Lestat story, though. I never was a fan of the Anne Rice Novels.

"My dreams, watching me said, one to the other...this life has let us down."

EVIE Profile Photo
EVIE
#3re: Lestat @ SF
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:39pm

I'm going the last weekend of it's stay here. Excited!

jarretSF Profile Photo
jarretSF
#4re: Lestat @ SF
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:45pm

I'm going on Sunday the 17th of December, Front Row of the Loge, Can't wait!

Some people come into our lives and quietly go, others stay a while, and leave footprints on our heart, and we are never the same.

MUNKY Profile Photo
MUNKY
#5re: Lestat @ SF
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:45pm

Whooooooo! Last time I heard Jack Noseworthy is in the cast. Is he still?

"Now I may not have much, but I have more determination than any man you're likely to meet." - Big Fish
"Misdirection. What the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind believes." - Swordfish

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#6re: Lestat @ SF
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:58pm

Yes.

MUNKY Profile Photo
MUNKY
#7re: Lestat @ SF
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:02pm

Wooohooooo!

Phantomerik15 Profile Photo
Phantomerik15
#8re: Lestat @ SF
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:13pm

Damn! Wish i could go. for now, i'm just feeling i'm being left out. The reason why im going is b/c of HUGH PANARO! WOOT! But i live all the way in NYC and im only 14. so, i guess i cant take the plane over to SF. just have to wait for March.
have a great time-for those who are able to go. tell us about it!!!

Back, he spurred like a madman, shrieking a curse to the sky. With the white road smoking behind him and his rapier brandished high! Blood-red were the spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat, when they shot him down on the highway, down like a dog on the highway, and he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat... (The Highwayman. Sung by: Loreena McKennitt)

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#9re: Lestat @ SF
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:18pm

i'm going january 15th and possibly sometime earlier because tickets arent exactly selling out which is only beneficial to me, so we'll see what happens

MUNKY Profile Photo
MUNKY
#10re: Lestat @ SF
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:20pm

Havent got tickets but should soon, just can't figure out when to go...pricing and timing is what i'm up against. It shouldn't be hard, but I'll see.

Blue J
#11re: Lestat @ SF
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:58pm

I'm going December 31st, I think. Very excited to see it!

#12re: Lestat @ SF
Posted: 11/18/05 at 8:24pm

I'm seeing the shows on Dec. 20th and 21st. Should be very exciting! :)

~Rosalynn

sadiem100 Profile Photo
sadiem100
#13re: Lestat @ SF
Posted: 11/18/05 at 10:57pm

When does it open?

"Electricity sparks inside of me... and I'm free, I'm free."

LizzieCurry
#14re: Lestat @ SF
Posted: 11/18/05 at 10:59pm

Jan. 8, but previews start Dec. 17.

sadiem100 Profile Photo
sadiem100
#15re: Lestat @ SF
Posted: 11/18/05 at 11:10pm

Damn I wanted to see it but I'm going down to SF at the end of November. Leaving right before previews start.

"Electricity sparks inside of me... and I'm free, I'm free."

#16re: Lestat @ SF
Posted: 11/19/05 at 4:06am

Going Saturday January 7th matinee...can't wait. Love me some Carolee Carmello

LizzieCurry
#17re: Lestat @ SF
Posted: 11/19/05 at 4:44pm

Got my ticket. Going the week before Christmas.

CaTheatreGirl Profile Photo
CaTheatreGirl
#18re: Lestat @ SF
Posted: 11/20/05 at 9:21pm

My friends and I decided to do two shows in one day. Having missed 700 Sundays in NY, we'll take in a matinee performance on December 17. Then in the evening, we'll see the first preview of Lestat. That should be interesting. Looking forward to a wonderful pre-Christmas day of fun -- shopping, taking in holiday lights and two shows. Now to find out more about Lestat! Glad to hear we have a good buzz going in SF over the show.
Updated On: 11/20/05 at 09:21 PM

LizzieCurry
#19re: Lestat @ SF
Posted: 11/21/05 at 12:45am

That's awesome! I do want to see White Christmas again, and I may end up doing the same thing you are. What an interesting contrast... re: Lestat @ SF

wickedfreak Profile Photo
wickedfreak
#20re: Lestat @ SF
Posted: 11/21/05 at 12:52am

WOW LIZZIECURRY!!!!!!!!! YOUR EVERYWERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ON EVERY THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gingersnap Profile Photo
Gingersnap
#21re: Lestat @ SF
Posted: 11/21/05 at 10:56am

It looks like I may be going the first week in January. I should have my plans confirmed by next week...if life doesn't pull any surprises...since I really don't want to wait until March 11.

http://www.hugh-panaro.net

BroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
#22re: Lestat @ SF
Posted: 11/21/05 at 2:27pm

I'm going on New Year's Eve...Any news from rehearsals?

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"

bwayondabrain
#23re: Lestat @ SF
Posted: 11/21/05 at 2:32pm

so wait, what is lestat about again? like a vampire who is tired of being a vampire, and converts to humanism?
this should be interesting, but i guess hugh will make a good vampire...

LizzieCurry
#24re: Lestat @ SF
Posted: 11/21/05 at 5:29pm

Google search result for "lestat synopsis"
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=lestat+synopsis

Videos