pixeltracker

Whatever happened to the Original Joanne, Fredi Walker?- Page 3

Whatever happened to the Original Joanne, Fredi Walker?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#50re: BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...
Posted: 11/24/05 at 12:53am

I wish I could go see you guys in April; I'm going to try the lottery, just so I can say I tried.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#51re: BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...
Posted: 11/24/05 at 12:55am

Again, i hate not living in NYC.

wickedlygreen
#52re: BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...
Posted: 11/24/05 at 12:57am

They're gonna have to turn that April benefit into an 8-show run! Half the country is going to be trying the lottery...

dancersmom2 Profile Photo
dancersmom2
#53re: BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...
Posted: 11/24/05 at 12:57am

So glad you are still lurking with us, Fredi. I didn't get in on the conversations but loved reading along on the welcome wagon thread. It is nice to have another mom around the boards.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#54re: BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...
Posted: 11/24/05 at 12:58am

Oh, I'd die to go to the 10-year in April. I want them to put that sucker on DVD at least. It'd make more money for the charities they're doing this for anyway.

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#55re: BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...
Posted: 11/24/05 at 12:59am

Yeah I think I'm going to have to drive down for the teeny tiny chance of lotto, oh well.

Any chance while you're in NY we may get to see you in something else? Concert or some kind of appearance? I would love to hear you sing live or just see you in person.

And your year has been well despite busier?

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

BEKA531
#56re: BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...
Posted: 11/24/05 at 1:01am

i'm definitely going to try lotto, too.

putting it on DVD is SUCH a good idea. it would definitely sell.

luvtheEmcee
#57re: BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...
Posted: 11/24/05 at 1:01am

As of now, it's supposed to be an online lottery.

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#58re: BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...
Posted: 11/24/05 at 1:02am

I'd go for the DVD! Most definatly.

wickedrentq
#59re: BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...
Posted: 11/24/05 at 1:03am

Oh wow the DVD would be awesome!

Wow, any links to any further info on the lotto? On the one hand nicer for me, on the other hand makes it much more difficult and I anticipated it being difficult.

Oh well, the whole idea of giving away cheap seats to a benefit at all is wonderful, and I am thankful for the chance.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

JoAnne1
#60re: BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...
Posted: 11/24/05 at 1:04am

Nothing for me on the boards except Color Purple which is cast already....

i'm working on my films (shooting a short this summer) and a one-woman show (which MIGHT premiere in Florida this summer also...)

get somebody to write me a great part and i'll be happy to hit the boards any day of the week!

"Stupidity should be PAINFUL!" - Cam "Yeah - painful for the STUPID not the rest of us!" OMDB

Mandi Moo Profile Photo
Mandi Moo
#61re: BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...
Posted: 11/24/05 at 1:04am

So much money could be raised if they put that thing on DVD.

luvtheEmcee
#62BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...
Posted: 11/24/05 at 1:05am

Would you consider doing replacements in The Color Purple, should the opportunity arise?

BEKA531
#63BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...
Posted: 11/24/05 at 1:09am

ok, it's time for bed. i'll talk to everyone later, and fredi, i hope we keep in touch.

JoAnne1
#64BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...
Posted: 11/24/05 at 1:09am

hi fellow mom!

yeah - got to lurk or we'll never know what's really on their minds now will we? BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...

replacing color purple - i loved that song so much i still remember it almost 2 years later (from one audition) that's how good it is...

yeah - i'd replace for a role that good.

"Stupidity should be PAINFUL!" - Cam "Yeah - painful for the STUPID not the rest of us!" OMDB

luvtheEmcee
#65BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...
Posted: 11/24/05 at 1:10am

I still have to see it, but cool. BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...

wicked_mimi
#66BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...
Posted: 11/24/05 at 1:18am

Sorry if I missed the real reason somewhere in the thread, but what was the "literal" reason Fredi didn't reprise her role? Tracie was amazing but I would think Fredi would still work too... just wondering if there was any "official" reason that could be said, or if not that's cool too... just wondering?

JoAnne1
#67BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...
Posted: 11/24/05 at 1:24am

the real reason is ... *drumroll*

I can't play 26 years old even with the best of filters....

if you recall - there was much dogging of me for my age when i did it onstage! (jurassic Fredi - anybody see that one! LOL!)

i LOVE the role - but i write and direct and i have to stay real.. and stay true to the piece not my ego.

wish i'd been asked to do the bag lady though... that would have been fun!

hope that answers the question.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#68BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...
Posted: 11/24/05 at 1:31am

Fredi, I think you would have been great in the movie, who cares how old you are!

I'd love to see you perform again on stage, and you are the only one I need to sign my Rent book!!!

dancersmom2 Profile Photo
dancersmom2
#69BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...
Posted: 11/24/05 at 1:33am

Thanks for the definitive answer to end all the rumors.

And I'm still looking for one of those filters myself!

wickedrentq
#70BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...
Posted: 11/24/05 at 1:36am

Aww, you would have been great as the bag lady! Would have been a well-deserved cameo appreciated by Rentheads, especially since you would interact w/ 4 of the OBC members you worked with. Aww, I'm sad that wasn't you now. But I suppose there's a bright side to everything...I was upset she didn't curse at all, I think I would have been more upset if that was you not properly cursing. BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...

JoAnne1
#71BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...
Posted: 11/24/05 at 2:45am

sorry to duck out - got *interrupted* BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...

will be around most of next week..
see you then!

xo
fredi

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#72BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...
Posted: 11/24/05 at 2:53am

I just watched the Rent film and Tracie was great, but I still don't see why you couldn't reprise the role, does Joanne have to be 26? We would all have made an exception to see you singing "Take Me or Leave Me" on a big movie screen, it would have been quite amazing. Maybe they would've left "We're Okay" for you given that no one can make that number as fun as Fredi Walker herself.
It'd make me so happy if your one-woman show premiered in FL given I go to UF! YAY!

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#73BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...
Posted: 11/24/05 at 3:27am

Fredi! It's true, you do post here, and it's in a thread that I started, go me!!!!!!
Well, I'm glad to hear that things are going well, and glad that you're doing the 10 year "thing". Saw the movie today and loved it.
However, I missed your "You won't throw up! You won't throw up!"

N0tThatGirl213 Profile Photo
N0tThatGirl213
#74BTW - that's Fredi Walker-Browne...
Posted: 11/24/05 at 11:10am

Fredi, how come you're on the one night I'm not? ::pouts::

Come back, I miss our chats!

"A little humility wouldn't hurt." --Ellie, Constantine-Hellblazer, "Dangerous Habits"