Will Chitty Tour?

billyrubin Profile Photo
billyrubin
#0Will Chitty Tour?
Posted: 12/14/05 at 6:42pm

Has anyone heard if Chitty will tour the US?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1re: Will Chitty Tour?
Posted: 12/14/05 at 6:43pm

Last I heard, it was presumably supposed to tour.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Broadway_Boy
#2re: Will Chitty Tour?
Posted: 12/14/05 at 9:04pm

I heard it was unlikely, but not official yet.

Check out the app Todaytix if you haven't already for theatre tickets around the world. My referral code is DGHVR

NYSinger1 Profile Photo
NYSinger1
#3re: Will Chitty Tour?
Posted: 12/14/05 at 9:12pm

I think the producers are playing a game: "Let's see how much money we can loose on a musical."

I heard it was unlikely since it is so expensive to run. But, again, that is all rumor.

greatdct
#4re: Will Chitty Tour?
Posted: 12/14/05 at 9:15pm

It's touring in the UK.

I've heard that it will tour in the US in 2007, but nothing is official.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#5re: Will Chitty Tour?
Posted: 12/14/05 at 9:23pm

i wanna see it again...i hope it tours.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

loganp37 Profile Photo
loganp37
#6re: Will Chitty Tour?
Posted: 12/14/05 at 9:27pm

The show used to be listed on AWA Touring Services booking list [the same company that books shows like POTO, Les Mis, and Miss Saigon] but I looked today and the show was no longer listed.

RentBoy86
#7re: Will Chitty Tour?
Posted: 12/15/05 at 12:01am

it would make tons of cash if it tours. family shows always make tons.

Fosse76
#8re: Will Chitty Tour?
Posted: 12/15/05 at 1:30am

"it would make tons of cash if it tours. family shows always make tons."

If that were true, it wouldn't be closing.

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#9re: Will Chitty Tour?
Posted: 12/15/05 at 1:35am

I'd buy a ticket! (That is WITH Jan Maxwell, Right?!)

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

clarkstallings
#10re: Will Chitty Tour?
Posted: 12/15/05 at 1:38am

I think the naysayers are failing to recognize the difference that exists between a New York audience and your national theatre audience. Chitty didn't do well because it was a family show in a market that is saturated with family shows. The folks who would see Chitty and enjoy it are the types that on their trip to NYC, are going to take their children to see Lion King or BATB, possibly phantom. Chitty isn't an American institution so why squander your chance as a tourist to see a Broadway show on something like Chitty? That's the mindset of the target Chitty audience. Heck, they might not have even known about it. When it tours, and I believe it will, I believe it will be a huge sucess. People aren't going to be rationing their chance to see a "broadway" show and will decide to take the kids out to the theatre. Not to mention, road reviews always seem less harsh than NYC reviews.

tourboi
#11re: Will Chitty Tour?
Posted: 12/15/05 at 6:15am

It's important to note that producing in the UK is cheaper than on Broadway, and on Broadway Tours. This is largely due to the fact that the Government helps out more in finances there...and the pound is stronger than the doller.

CHITTY most likely (if the producers are smart) will not have a tour in the US. If they were to look at productions beyond NY, they might try a sit down in another city...but the show is simply so darned BIG set wise. They'd have to scale it down big time to make it cost effective...and with a show that is mostly about its bigger than life sets and flying car...is that wise? Also, unlike the UK, the movie wasn't exactly a hit here (part of the reason Broadway's is closing so early).

Chitty Flies Profile Photo
Chitty Flies
#12re: Will Chitty Tour?
Posted: 12/15/05 at 9:17pm

Please, Chitty, PLEEEEEEEEEZ tour!

"inappropriate hair height"

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#13re: Will Chitty Tour?
Posted: 12/15/05 at 9:38pm

Will Chitty tour - probably not.

Should Chitty tour - NO!
Updated On: 12/16/05 at 09:38 PM

RentBoy86
#14re: Will Chitty Tour?
Posted: 12/15/05 at 11:54pm

South Fl Marc - I don't get it?

Anyways, clarkstallings you're right. That's exactly what I meant by my comment. I would in no way want to see a "family" type show if i were going on a trip to NYC, but if it were coming to my town, i'd def. go. Most parents aren't going to fly their kids to NYC and go see a show, but if it were more convient, then of course they would go. I think it'd be smart to travel. If shows like Phantom / Wicked / Lion King can tour, why not Chitty?

Joe Mike2
#15re: Will Chitty Tour?
Posted: 12/18/05 at 9:08pm

GOD, I HOPE NOT.

Videos