How much does it cost you?

RentBoy86
#0How much does it cost you?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 1:35am

How much does it cost some of you guys that travel from out of state NYC to see a couple shows. I'm trying to plan a trip and just wondering how much you guys budget for your trips and how much it cost ya'll. Thanks.

iwearshoes Profile Photo
iwearshoes
#1re: How much does it cost you?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 1:39am

1,900 for a 6 day trip w/ 5 shows

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#2re: How much does it cost you?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 1:43am

does that include hotel and airfare?

ozdustgirl2 Profile Photo
ozdustgirl2
#3re: How much does it cost you?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 1:43am

it cost me about 400 for 3 days and 2 shows. that was hotel, gas and food and the tickets were orchestra

"There are times when were dirt broke, and hungry and freezing and I ask myself why the hell am I still living here?...And then they call!" ~ Mark Cohen RENT movie

broadwaybelter
#4re: How much does it cost you?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 1:44am

well where are you coming from and what hotel are you staying at?

ZONEACE
#5re: How much does it cost you?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 1:45am

without hotel and airfare, its just 1600 dollars for shows, with is 300 dollars a show broadwaybelter, which despite the disgusting price of tickets these days, isn't yet what they cost.

when ducks grow thumbs then maybe my opinion will change.

broadwaybelter
#6re: How much does it cost you?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 1:47am

thank you for clarifying re: How much does it cost you?,

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#7re: How much does it cost you?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 2:43am

For me, It depends on what I desire to do, Stay with family in Long Island or at the Marriott Marquis Times Square (Best Hotel/Staff/Service & Best view in the WORLD!), But I adore both so Viva la Difference!

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

RentBoy86
#8re: How much does it cost you?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 3:41am

well ill be coming from Alabama. and i'm a college kid, so i'm having to save up money and whatnot. how much would airefare be? a direct flight?

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#9re: How much does it cost you?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 4:02am

Check online with "JetBlue". The earlier you buy, the cheaper you may get and I swear by JetBlue - they are comfy seats, nice staff, new jets, clean toilets and direct TV including pilots details and such (I like to know what we are flying over and how high too!)
They have great $$$ savers and you can check online!
Good Luck to You (That sounded like a ROXIE line, LOL!)
Happy Hols!

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#10re: How much does it cost you?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 4:07am

yup

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-
Updated On: 12/20/05 at 04:07 AM

Fosse76
#11re: How much does it cost you?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 9:32am

"without hotel and airfare, its just 1600 dollars for shows, with is 300 dollars a show broadwaybelter, which despite the disgusting price of tickets these days, isn't yet what they cost."

Ummm...Broadway's top ticket prices (not counting VIP, since it's only a select no. of seats, and the prices aren't consistent from show to show) is a little more than $100.00. Where did the $300 per show come from???

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#12re: How much does it cost you?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 9:42am

I am coming to NYC Thursday, with three friends. Our airfare from KY is $250. We are seeing three shows at $100 a pop. We opted to stay at a ridiculously high priced hotel just as a treat.
We are in town for four days and I am bringing about $200 a day walking around money.
This trip is a treat for us so we are not being conservative. I am saving that for when I get back to Louisville. I'd rather go without things here, than there!

EverythingIsRENT Profile Photo
EverythingIsRENT
#13re: How much does it cost you?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 10:00am

Before I moved here, It cost me just over $600 for hotel, flight, transportation between the two, three shows, and food and such.

Sunchips: Best Kept Secret in the chip aisle!!

Eastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
#14re: How much does it cost you?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 10:05am

When I visited in November, flights from the UK, accommodation for six nights (shared with friends), food, and 6 broadway shows (all but one on tkts) came to around £915 which is about $1,610.

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#15re: How much does it cost you?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 10:09am

It is hard to determine how much money you will need. But here are some ideas for planning a trip:

For airfares try www.orbitz.com

I have stayed at Hotel QT, a "budget" Times Square hotel. Rooms are nice but small. Close to everything however. www.hotelqt.com or www.quikbook.com. Stayed there in October and have reservations there for May. A bargain, considering how much hotels have increased their prices lately.

Walking out of Times Square over to 8th or 9th St will save a lot of money on restaurants.

www.broadwaybox.com for discounts.

These are what I do to save money on my annual trips.
Updated On: 12/20/05 at 10:09 AM

WickedRentHead
#16re: How much does it cost you?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 10:13am

I come from MA so I usually just take the Peter Pan which at most costs like 70$ roundtrip, shows, if you do TKTS or are able to rush are like 50$ and it really depends on where you stay and if you need to fly and get airfare.

Jilani
#17re: How much does it cost you?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 10:31am

Where in MA, WickedRentHead? The roundtrip bus fare from Boston to New York is only $36.

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#18re: How much does it cost you?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 10:45am

better place for flights... www.sidestep.com
It checks all places like orbitz, expedia, etc at one time

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

RentBoy86
#19re: How much does it cost you?
Posted: 12/21/05 at 1:49am

Yeah, I dont think its going to cost me too much. I figured, if i get paid every two weeks at 200 dollars, I'll have plenty of money saved up in 2 months. I'm just so worried because all I have is one debt card, and if i loose that then i'm screwed, although i'll alwasy keep emeregency cash hidden.

pab Profile Photo
pab
#20re: How much does it cost you?
Posted: 12/21/05 at 2:20am

You can also look into alternative lodging like a guest house which can be a lot less than most hotels.

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

Videos