Who's Your Favorite Chistery?

Parks
#0Who's Your Favorite Chistery?
Posted: 1/8/06 at 6:08pm

Oh, come on! Everybody has one.

Peter John Chursin--he was awared the title of Mr. Dance of America in 2003. He also played Toto (Todo?) in the Wizard of Oz when he was 7, I believe he told me...

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA
Updated On: 1/8/06 at 06:08 PM

Fiyero2 Profile Photo
Fiyero2
#1re: Who's Your Favorite Chistery?
Posted: 1/8/06 at 6:12pm

IS this mocking my two threads??

How Do You Doent Real Life When Real Life's Getting More Like Fiction Each Day??

greenegirl87
#2re: Who's Your Favorite Chistery?
Posted: 1/8/06 at 6:18pm

re: Who's Your Favorite Chistery?

"But now the air is filled with confusion. We replace care with illusion."

Parks
#3re: Who's Your Favorite Chistery?
Posted: 1/8/06 at 6:19pm

greenegirl, took the words out of my mouth re: Who's Your Favorite Chistery?

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

Kimmygonbefamous Profile Photo
Kimmygonbefamous
#4re: Who's Your Favorite Chistery?
Posted: 1/8/06 at 6:37pm

Manuel Herrera could kick Peter-whoever's monkey behind and you all know it.

"You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you." - Maya Angelou

Fiyero2 Profile Photo
Fiyero2
#5re: Who's Your Favorite Chistery?
Posted: 1/8/06 at 6:44pm

How Do You Doent Real Life When Real Life's Getting More Like Fiction Each Day??
Updated On: 1/9/06 at 06:44 PM

greenegirl87
#6re: Who's Your Favorite Chistery?
Posted: 1/8/06 at 6:46pm

Fiyero2, it is just a joke. I am assuming Parks did not mean to be insulting, he probably is just making fun of the facts that there are already a gazillion Wicked threads like this.

Parks
#7re: Who's Your Favorite Chistery?
Posted: 1/8/06 at 6:49pm

Hey Kimmy, you wanna fight?

Are your threads really doing better than mine?

DAMN.

Parks
#8re: Who's Your Favorite Chistery?
Posted: 1/8/06 at 6:52pm

lol, yes greenegirl.

colleen_lee
#9re: Who's Your Favorite Chistery?
Posted: 1/8/06 at 6:53pm

At least Parks is bringing up an aspect of Wicked that hasn't been discussed 1,000 times on this board.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

greenegirl87
#10re: Who's Your Favorite Chistery?
Posted: 1/8/06 at 6:55pm

It's totally a legit thread. re: Who's Your Favorite Chistery?

I liked the Chistery I saw back in September who kept falling while climbing on some of the set. I think he might have hurt himself though, he didn't come back after intermission...

Updated On: 1/8/06 at 06:55 PM

Kimmygonbefamous Profile Photo
Kimmygonbefamous
#11re: Who's Your Favorite Chistery?
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:33pm

Oooooh Chistery drama.

Parks, oh, you don't want a piece of this re: Who's Your Favorite Chistery?

And Fiyero, it's not a contest to see whose threads get more replies. And if it was meant to be mocking, it may be a little justified, as a quick search would have found multiple threads on these very topics. So chill out. No big.

"You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you." - Maya Angelou

Fiyero2 Profile Photo
Fiyero2
#12re: Who's Your Favorite Chistery?

sorry, i was overreacting!

Fiyero2 Profile Photo
Fiyero2
#13re: Who's Your Favorite Chistery?

sorry, i was overreacting!

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#14re: Who's Your Favorite Chistery?
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:37pm

Heh- I love this question :) but I actually have a semi legit answer: I'd have to look in my Playbill for his name, but I loved the tour Chistery when Wicked was in L.A., and I could totally tell that it wasn't the 'real' one on understudy night, before I even saw the little Understudy Chistery slip in my Playbill.

(Yeah it's possible I saw Wicked too many times when it was in L.A.)

Parks
#15re: Who's Your Favorite Chistery?
Posted: 1/8/06 at 8:27pm

I saw Wicked 2 1/2 times here in Dallas--met Peter after the 2nd performance I saw and he was very nice. My friend and I talked with him for a couple of minutes, not too much.

I recognized him in the ensemble in the Dillamond/school scene when I saw it the 3rd time front row...re: Who's Your Favorite Chistery?

PJ
#16re: Who's Your Favorite Chistery?
Posted: 1/8/06 at 8:29pm

I'm sure all these Wicked threads are annoying the hell out of some people. I love it. I hope the next one is "Who's Your Favorite Midwife?" or "Who's Your Favorite Swing?"

Marlene Profile Photo
Marlene
#17re: Who's Your Favorite Chistery?
Posted: 1/8/06 at 8:31pm

Haha, actually I have one, Philip! :) I forget the man's last name, errrm Spaeth? Or something like that.

Parks
#18re: Who's Your Favorite Chistery?
Posted: 1/8/06 at 8:46pm

Yes, it's Spaeth.

and this thread was meant to be a joke, actually PJ.

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#19re: Who's Your Favorite Chistery?
Posted: 1/8/06 at 8:48pm

Tatoo from Fantasy Island . . .

Whoops wrong thread.

Fosse76
#20re: Who's Your Favorite Chistery?
Posted: 1/9/06 at 10:21am

What I find amusing is that I actually saw Phillip Spaeth in the non-union tour of The Music Man during its (heavily) protested stop in Chicago. He was the stand-out dancer in it. I felt bad for the entire cast...Equity managed to doom that production with its protests, and this was definitely a talented cast (the sets, on the other hand, lookd as though they were about to fall apart).

misto625 Profile Photo
misto625
#21re: Who's Your Favorite Chistery?
Posted: 1/9/06 at 2:04pm

I saw that Music Man tour too! The only Chistery I have seen is Manny Herrera but I will see the tour in April.

P.S. Even if this thread is a joke, I agree with PJ that I love the idea of it and I would like to see the Favorite Swing Thread

Dean: Can I tell you something? Lorraine: That depends on what it is. Dean: I think you're really really pretty. Lorraine: (after a pause) Ok, you can tell me that.

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#22re: Who's Your Favorite Chistery?
Posted: 1/9/06 at 2:10pm

Philip Spaeth was so nice when I met him. I had just sat in the front row, partial view seats, so he kept ending up directly in front of me. He's very flexible. re: Who's Your Favorite Chistery?

Wasn't there a cute chorus boys thread at one point? Where did that go? Much better than another Elphaba thread.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how