Matthew and Nathan How Long?

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#0Matthew and Nathan How Long?
Posted: 1/17/06 at 2:13pm

How long are they slated to be in THE ODD COUPLE?
Updated On: 1/17/06 at 02:13 PM

beckie_nyc
#1re: Natthew and Nathan How Long?
Posted: 1/17/06 at 2:15pm

Extended thru June/July.

That's the trouble with this song. It goes on and on and on.

iluvtheatertrash
#2re: Natthew and Nathan How Long?
Posted: 1/17/06 at 2:15pm

Natthew?

(Sorry. Couldn't resist.)

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman
Updated On: 1/17/06 at 02:15 PM

Kevo711 Profile Photo
Kevo711
#3re: Natthew and Nathan How Long?
Posted: 1/17/06 at 2:16pm

You beat me to it iluvtheatertrash!!

Kevo711 Profile Photo
Kevo711
#4re: Natthew and Nathan How Long?
Posted: 1/17/06 at 2:17pm

Double post
Updated On: 1/17/06 at 02:17 PM

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#5re: Natthew and Nathan How Long?
Posted: 1/17/06 at 2:17pm

Natthew the Bennifer of the theater world!

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

CurtainPullDowner
#6re: Natthew and Nathan How Long?
Posted: 1/17/06 at 2:19pm

Thanks for the info amd the dig!

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#7re: Natthew and Nathan How Long?
Posted: 1/17/06 at 2:44pm

Considering Matthews performance - way too long.

Ourtime992 Profile Photo
Ourtime992
#8re: Natthew and Nathan How Long?
Posted: 1/17/06 at 3:07pm

I interpreted the subject line TOTALLY differently...

Dollypop
#9re: Natthew and Nathan How Long?
Posted: 1/17/06 at 6:13pm

I guess Sarah Jessica would know how long Matthew is. As for Nathan, who knows? More importantly, who cares?

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#10re: Natthew and Nathan How Long?
Posted: 1/17/06 at 6:19pm

They should have a temporary separation after it ends. They should not appear together for a couple of years. They both need it as they will get really stale if they continue to constantly appear together

Poster Emeritus

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#11re: Natthew and Nathan How Long?
Posted: 1/17/06 at 6:21pm

6" and 6.5". I won't say whose is which, though I think you'd be pleasantly surprised.

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#12re: Natthew and Nathan How Long?
Posted: 1/17/06 at 6:26pm

Honey the question shouldn't be Matthew and Nathan how long. It should be ODD COUPLE how long. They're not keeping the show running without these guys. No one's interested without them.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

way_to_spend_the_day Profile Photo
way_to_spend_the_day
#13re: Natthew and Nathan How Long?
Posted: 1/17/06 at 6:41pm

Mr. Roxy, on the inside the actor studio with Nathan, Matthew, and Susan Strohman, one of Nathan's jokes was when he was asked what was next for them and he said they would be trying a trial separation and seeing different people...it was cute. Not sure if it will happen or not, though.

***It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves. -- William Shakespeare***

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#14re: Natthew and Nathan How Long?
Posted: 1/17/06 at 6:58pm

Saw that show

Poster Emeritus

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#15re: Natthew and Nathan How Long?
Posted: 1/17/06 at 7:17pm

Don't throw things at me, but I thought Matthew did a great job as a neurotic guy. Maybe I caught him on a good day, but I thought he and Nathan did great jobs!

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

YankeeGal#24 Profile Photo
YankeeGal#24
#16re: Natthew and Nathan How Long?
Posted: 1/17/06 at 8:00pm

I also thought Matthew (and Nathan) did a great job. The show was so-so, but I liked Matthew and Nathan as Felix and Oscar!

"You ask four guys, you get four different versions" ~ Tommy DeVito, Jersey Boys

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#17re: Natthew and Nathan How Long?
Posted: 1/17/06 at 8:07pm

No one else to play these roles but Lemmon & Matthau

Thank God for film. Perhaps one of the better stage to screen transfers - bar none

Poster Emeritus

Magdalene Profile Photo
Magdalene
#18re: Natthew and Nathan How Long?
Posted: 1/17/06 at 8:17pm

Look how well it worked on the small screen, too---Jack Klugman and Tony Randall were awesome in the roles---I can't wait to see the play!

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"

CurtainPullDowner
#19re: Natthew and Nathan How Long?
Posted: 1/17/06 at 11:25pm

i kinda love where the thread went.
But who is really happy with 6 and 6.5
and i hear you are being kind.
I was wondering when the Brooks would be free for a new show like the Tharp/Dylan Project which Jimmy Nederlander is producing and needs a Theatre.

RentBoy86
#20re: Natthew and Nathan How Long?
Posted: 1/18/06 at 1:20am

Brooks is working on Young Frankenstein. I didn't think Matthew was all that funny in the Producers movie, but he and Nathan did aight. It was little bit of "overacting" to me, but I think that's kinda what they do, ya know. Anyways, I'm not sure there are any other shows that they could possible do together. Any ideas? ... Serious ideas.

Dollypop
#21re: Natthew and Nathan How Long?
Posted: 1/18/06 at 5:52am

Matthew seems to be giving the same performance over and over again. In my mind her ruined HOW TO SUCCEED. As for Nathan, he's delightful if you like to sit through two hours of screaming.

Actually, I saw Nathan in the Off-Bwy TRUMBO a few years ago and he was impressive in what amounted to a one-man show.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)