pixeltracker

Mara Davi in Broadway revival of "A Chorus Line"

Mara Davi in Broadway revival of "A Chorus Line"

voztimbrada
#0Mara Davi in Broadway revival of "A Chorus Line"
Posted: 2/3/06 at 5:51pm

I know this has already been mentioned in other threads, but I thought I would dedicate an entire thread just to her. She just got cast as Maggie in the revival of Chorus Line. I have seen this girl work up close, and she is a huge young talent. Keep your eyes peeled for her. You will be blown away by what she can do. She is also one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet. Extremely hard worker, and very dedicated to her craft. Any other Mara Davi fans out there?

Updated On: 2/3/06 at 05:51 PM

Natalie 2 Profile Photo
Natalie 2
#1re: Mara Davi in Broadway revival of 'A Chorus Line'
Posted: 2/3/06 at 5:56pm

I had the pleasure of working with her in the national tour of 42nd Street. She is so dedicated to her craft and very gracious. I am so happy to see her move so quickly to Broadway!

voztimbrada
#2re: Mara Davi in Broadway revival of 'A Chorus Line'
Posted: 2/3/06 at 5:58pm

I whole heartedly agree. I couldn't think of a more deserving person. I fully expect she will become a regular to the New York stage. New York audiences will be lucky to have her. She is an amazing, classic song and dance girl.

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#3re: Mara Davi in Broadway revival of 'A Chorus Line'
Posted: 2/3/06 at 7:40pm

She was the best Peggy Sawyer I've ever seen. Insanely talented. Good for her!!

voztimbrada
#4re: Mara Davi in Broadway revival of 'A Chorus Line'
Posted: 2/3/06 at 7:42pm

C'mon folks, where's the Mara love? Anyone else know her, or seen her work? The posts are slow coming right now, but that will all change later this year.

LaVieHilary Profile Photo
LaVieHilary
#5re: Mara Davi in Broadway revival of 'A Chorus Line'
Posted: 2/3/06 at 7:47pm

I get to see her in SF this summer and in New York this fall. I am so excited to see her and Charlotte together with the great cast there is.

-------------------------
Light in the Piazza with Megan and Emi
"Girl you got money runnin' in yo bloodline."-Carl the Bartender

voztimbrada
#6re: Mara Davi in Broadway revival of 'A Chorus Line'
Posted: 2/3/06 at 8:04pm

You won't be dissapointed. She's excellent. Go Mara.

voztimbrada
#7re: Mara Davi in Broadway revival of 'A Chorus Line'
Posted: 2/3/06 at 11:19pm

bump.................Mara Davi!!!!

JulianHookbucks Profile Photo
JulianHookbucks
#8re: Mara Davi in Broadway revival of 'A Chorus Line'
Posted: 2/4/06 at 12:30am

I LOVE MARA DAVI!!!

OH! I saw her back in her 42nd Street days!!
and she was so good, I went and saw her again two days later. She is quite talented, and rehally the sweetest person in the world. We kept in contact through e-mail for a while... but she got rather busy, and had to stop.

Congratulations to her! WOO!

that's a really big mic...

voztimbrada
#9re: Mara Davi in Broadway revival of 'A Chorus Line'
Posted: 2/4/06 at 12:40am

I did not get to see her in 42nd street, unfortunately. Everyone I have heard from says she was great, though. I don't see how she couldn't be. Just not possible.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#10re: Mara Davi in Broadway revival of 'A Chorus Line'
Posted: 2/4/06 at 12:42am

I'm sure she's a talented chick, but it sounds like outside of her brief stint in 42ND STREET, she hasn't done much for people to actually comment on. Why don't you bring back this thread when she's actually performing in something...just sayin'...

voztimbrada
#11re: Mara Davi in Broadway revival of 'A Chorus Line'
Posted: 2/4/06 at 12:49am

Your right, she doesn't have a tone of credits. She's a fellow West Coaster though, so a lot of us out here have seen her and worked with her. Just a bit of West Coast pride. Anyway, I will definitey bump the thread when the show opens in San Fran and New York.

JulianHookbucks Profile Photo
JulianHookbucks
#12re: Mara Davi in Broadway revival of 'A Chorus Line'
Posted: 2/4/06 at 1:17am

well... she's only 21, and was plucked out of college to do 42nd Street. But great things are soon to come of her.

She would have been the perfect replacement for Sutton in Millie. Even more suited than Millie, because, both Sutton, and Susan had quirks because of their personalities, while Mara, could truly portray the young, innocent, new girl... which is why she got 42nd Street... but Millie has a bit more meat as a character than the sparkly pretty alabaster one facet character of Peggy Sawyer... however, this stint as Maggie, could very well establish her as a Broadway star. We'll see great things from her.

Could she not also be an amazing Belle?

that's a really big mic...

voztimbrada
#13re: Mara Davi in Broadway revival of 'A Chorus Line'
Posted: 2/4/06 at 1:25am

Oh yeah, She would be absolutely amazing as Belle. I wouldn't be surprised to see her pop up in that show after her run in Chorus Line.

eslgr8 Profile Photo
eslgr8
#14re: Mara Davi in Broadway revival of 'A Chorus Line'
Posted: 2/4/06 at 3:19am

re: Mara Davi in Broadway revival of 'A Chorus Line'

This is what I wrote about Mara on March 21, 2005, on a thread I started.
"Finally, there is Mara Davi, a young actress/singer/dancer (still a student at UC Irvine) with real Broadway potential. She has “it”—a star quality that can’t be learned. As Natalie said after the show, “She IS Peggy Sawyer!” Singing, dancing, acting, charisma: all A+. If Mara plays her cards right, young girls could be idolizing her in the same way they do Sutton Foster."
I'm proud to say that I was the first to predict her success on this board almost a year ago.

Natalie 2 Profile Photo
Natalie 2
#15re: Mara Davi in Broadway revival of 'A Chorus Line'
Posted: 2/4/06 at 5:07am

Steven! You're the greatest! I'm so proud of her too!

bdwybug55
#16re: Mara Davi in Broadway revival of 'A Chorus Line'
Posted: 2/4/06 at 9:29am

Sorry...I don't know who she is...but I suppose we all will before long. Congrats!

eslgr8 Profile Photo
eslgr8
#17re: Mara Davi in Broadway revival of 'A Chorus Line'
Posted: 2/4/06 at 4:53pm

Thanks Natalie! Hope the tour is continuing to get great reviews and response!

dancnqn5 Profile Photo
dancnqn5
#18re: Mara Davi in Broadway revival of 'A Chorus Line'
Posted: 2/5/06 at 2:00am

I'm so glad to hear this! I went to CSUF with her for a year. I had classes with her and she TA'd my tap class and she was one of the nicest people. I'm glad she's going to get a chance to show everyone else what those of us at school already know - that she is extremely talented. This couldn't have happened to a better person. (Now I really have to get myself to NYC!)

tapperboy
#19Mara Davi in Broadway revival of 'A Chorus Line'
Posted: 2/24/06 at 12:11pm

I have known this wonderful talent for a little over a year and she is PHENOMINAL! I had the honor of dancing with the cast of 42nd Street in Melbourne, FL. I walked in and she said "come and tap with us!" So I did the opening number and then I went and saw the show after Nurtcracker rehearsal. I have kept up with her via email. She is the wonderful person everyone says she is. I can't wait to see her in this role. I know there will me MORE WONDERFUL THINGS TO COME! Anyone who doesn't know of her will know of her. Will there be something on the TONY's this year? Email me at Joey32907@yahoo.com with the information . . . thanks y'all - - Mara - - you are phenominal and a complete knockout. . . you have what it takes (times 5!)

misto625 Profile Photo
misto625
#21Mara Davi in Broadway revival of 'A Chorus Line'
Posted: 8/27/06 at 1:34am

Besides 42nd St., I also saw her in White Christmas in Boston, so she does have other credits!

Dean: Can I tell you something? Lorraine: That depends on what it is. Dean: I think you're really really pretty. Lorraine: (after a pause) Ok, you can tell me that.

BroadwayPops
#22Mara Davi in Broadway revival of 'A Chorus Line'
Posted: 8/27/06 at 2:25am

Mara Davi in Broadway revival of 'A Chorus Line'

Mara is Sacramento's hometown hero.

Here she is with Kelly Daniells after last Saturday's ACL performance. Kelly and Mara are long-time friends from Sacramento, having done several shows together in their high school years. Kelly now plays Sophie in Las Vegas production of Mamma Mia.

Updated On: 8/27/06 at 02:25 AM

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#23Mara Davi in Broadway revival of 'A Chorus Line'
Posted: 8/27/06 at 8:38am

From what I have seen and heard, she is amazing Mara Davi in Broadway revival of 'A Chorus Line' I can't wait to see her on October 26th Mara Davi in Broadway revival of 'A Chorus Line' Thank you for sharing the pictures, too!

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

John3 Profile Photo
John3
#24Mara Davi in Broadway revival of 'A Chorus Line'
Posted: 8/27/06 at 8:38am

I met her once at a thing at Cal State Fullerton. She was so sweet, and I am pretty sure that she worked a disneyland for a while with my other friend.

AshleyBrownFan123 Profile Photo
AshleyBrownFan123
#25Mara Davi in Broadway revival of 'A Chorus Line'
Posted: 8/27/06 at 1:03pm

Was she Peggy in the tour that was in the just closed tour? Bec ause I thought that was her. She is one of A Chorus Line's best singers.

Let us milk the cow that is theatre-Monica Trausch

Videos