Kerrigan Lowdermilk?

RumTumTugger22 Profile Photo
RumTumTugger22
#0Kerrigan Lowdermilk?
Posted: 2/15/06 at 1:26pm

Has anyone else heard of them. I found them on myspace and i really like their music.

www.kerrigan-lowdermilk.com if anyone is interested.

CAGES OR WINGS? WHICH DO YOU PREFER? ASK THE BIRDS. FEAR OR LOVE, BABY? DON'T SAY THE ANSWER, ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

RentBoy86
#1re: Kerrigan Lowdermilk?
Posted: 2/15/06 at 1:29pm

Heck yes, Lowdermilk produced Josh Young's CD which I recommend getting. Lowerdmilk can write some good melodies. They need to get their show, the unathorized biography of samatha brown, produced.

showinoff Profile Photo
showinoff
#2re: Kerrigan Lowdermilk?
Posted: 2/15/06 at 1:31pm

They are the cats meow here in NYC. Expect to see great things from these two. There is more music if you google brian. His song run away with me, performed by Michael Arden. FAN-Damn-TASTIC.

spread the Lowdermilk-Kerrigan love!

<< Gavin Creel and Kate Baldwin making vocal love... I adore these two.

RentBoy86
#3re: Kerrigan Lowdermilk?
Posted: 2/15/06 at 2:23pm

more music? like what. i've heard everything that's on their website.

Sassy2
#4re: Kerrigan Lowdermilk?
Posted: 2/15/06 at 8:19pm

Is "His Arms" on the website? If not, find it. Fantastic song.

rickydrummer
#5re: Kerrigan Lowdermilk?
Posted: 2/15/06 at 9:24pm

I was actually in a show by Lowdermilk at Upper Darby Summer Stage in the Philly suburbs. It was a children's show called "Elliot and the Magic Bed" written with another of his collaborators, Marcus Stevens, and it was really amazing. Usually, Summer Stage does a lot of unoriginal, childish productions, but the music was far better than most children's theatre.

While that was going on, I got a chance to see a workshop of "Red" at Swarthmore College or West Chester University (one of those two) that was extraordinary. My parents were bored out of their minds, but I was riveted. It dealt with Lenny Bruce and Julius and Ethel Rosenberg in the time of the red scare. I think that musical recently won the Jonathan Larson award, so I'd expect that to eventually see a production.

Anyway, needless to say, I love Lowdermilk's work, and I'm sure he'll eventually reach the status of Lippa, Jason Robert Brown, etc. He seems to be in that same vein.

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#6re: Kerrigan Lowdermilk?
Posted: 2/15/06 at 9:42pm

I love their music. I listen to Say the Word and Run Away With Me all the time.

I-L-O-V-E
#7re: Kerrigan Lowdermilk?
Posted: 2/15/06 at 9:42pm

I love their stuff! I've only listened to two songs, Say the Word, which is such an amazing song; Celia Keenan-Bolger sang it, and the song Mary Testa sang...I forgot what its called.

Say the Word is my MySpace song!

"I'm wondering whether flagellate has one L or two. And how if you took the "w" in answer, the "h" in ghost, the extra "a" in aardvark, and the "t" in listen you could keep saying 'what' but no one would hear you because the whole word would be silent"

LilDiva05 Profile Photo
LilDiva05
#8re: Kerrigan Lowdermilk?
Posted: 2/15/06 at 9:58pm

Haha Ariel, mine too!

I <3 Brian & Kait!

. . . CHRISSY

Cages or Wings
#9re: Kerrigan Lowdermilk?
Posted: 2/15/06 at 10:06pm

As you can see by my signature I have become somewhat fond of whoring about for the wonderful Brian Lowdermilk and Kait Kerrigan. The Woman Upstairs is brilliant (as is everything i have by them). It's a shame they took so much of their music down off their site, as they used to have about 8 shows up as opposed to 8 or 9 songs. Battleship Ticonderoga is still the best Broadway parody I have ever heard. I can't wait for the off-broadway staging of Henry and Mudge, which takes place later this year I believe. These two will be HUGE.

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#10re: Kerrigan Lowdermilk?
Posted: 2/15/06 at 10:29pm

I think I might sing "Run Away with Me" at a gig next month..if I feel I can hit that last high note with enough power. I have my eye on these two. Does anyone know if they are letting any of their shows be produced. I am really intrigued with the music from the Autobiography of Samantha Brown, and would love to know more about it, if anyone can help.

Akiva

marincrazy11 Profile Photo
marincrazy11
#11re: Kerrigan Lowdermilk?
Posted: 2/15/06 at 10:37pm

i love, love, love Say The Word. I'm contemplating singing it an awards ceremony coming up, I'm just not sure what my voice teacher or the voice faculty would say or think about me belting a high D. we'll see. Run Away With Me is great too. I'm looking forward to hearing more from them.

"Did you know that if you take the first two vowels in Olive and rearrange them it spells I-Love?"-Spelling Bee "It's night like this that hotel bars were specifically made." Light In The Piazza

Roninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
#12re: Kerrigan Lowdermilk?
Posted: 2/15/06 at 10:55pm

yr ronin,
joey
Updated On: 3/30/06 at 10:55 PM

zzannahk Profile Photo
zzannahk
#13re: Kerrigan Lowdermilk?
Posted: 2/15/06 at 11:26pm

you can buy the cds, I bought the woman upstairs and the Sam brown demo.

I love Sara Chase, where else can i hear her?

RentBoy86
#14re: Kerrigan Lowdermilk?
Posted: 2/15/06 at 11:42pm

what's on the Sam Brown demo? What songs?

Akiva, I know how you feel. I'm singing it right now and I'm having trouble hitting the last note. Its not that its not in my range. I can hit a high B, but its just the way you have to sing it in that song. You have to pop off these Fs at such a quick pace that the Ab just sorta comes outta nowhere.

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#15re: Kerrigan Lowdermilk?
Posted: 2/15/06 at 11:59pm

Hah...yeah...my problem isn't hitting it...it's holding at that power level needed. I'll work on it though and see if I can pull it off...if not I'll switch to a different song (one possibility is "The Proposal").

Akiva

MrBungee7
#16re: Kerrigan Lowdermilk?
Posted: 2/16/06 at 12:44am

Kait.

And you've got to cut Lowdermilk some slack. I've heard he wrote most of Red when he was still in high school.

What's pink and green and flies all over?

zzannahk Profile Photo
zzannahk
#17re: Kerrigan Lowdermilk?
Posted: 2/16/06 at 12:45am

5 songs : DEMO CD - THE UNAUTHORIZED AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF SAMANTHA BROWN
Includes: I'll Give Her That, The Proposal, Bev Makes It Happen, Say The Word, Run Away With Me

Roninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
#18re: Kerrigan Lowdermilk?
Posted: 2/16/06 at 1:31am

yr ronin,
joey
Updated On: 3/30/06 at 01:31 AM

magic8ball Profile Photo
magic8ball
#19re: Kerrigan Lowdermilk?
Posted: 2/16/06 at 2:14am

"Hah...yeah...my problem isn't hitting it...it's holding at that power level needed. I'll work on it though and see if I can pull it off...if not I'll switch to a different song (one possibility is "The Proposal")."

Then don't take the Ab. Take an alternate Eb, and it sounds just as good if you can belt it and sustain it properly.

"Goodness is rewarded. Hope is guaranteed. Laughter builds strong bones. Right will intercede. Things you've said I often find I need, indeed. I see the world through your eyes. What's black and white is colorized. The knowledge you most dearly prized I'm eager to employ. You said that life has infinite joys."

Videos