Tarzan Rush Tickets???

fosse2004
#0Tarzan Rush Tickets???
Posted: 3/11/06 at 2:44pm

I realize it may be too early to know if Tarzan will be offering any type of rush ticket or standing room, but I was just wondering if anybody had heard anything. I am dying to see this production and I really just can't afford the full price tickets and I think they are sold out when I am in NYC. Just my luck! Anyway, if anyone has info, let me know! Thanks!!!

"Being lectured by the president on fiscal responsiblity is a little like Tony Soprano talking to me about law and order" -John Kerry

dirty rotten guy Profile Photo
dirty rotten guy
#1re: Tarzan Rush Tickets???
Posted: 3/11/06 at 4:43pm

To the best of my knowledge, Disney never does a rush for any of their shows, so I wouldnt expect it. But that is just a guess at most so I deffinetly could be wrong.

I think they will probably do SRO, they have done it for all their other shows.

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility. Oh brother, that got me, that did me in!"
Updated On: 3/11/06 at 04:43 PM

mabel Profile Photo
mabel
#2re: Tarzan Rush Tickets???
Posted: 3/11/06 at 4:55pm

Aida had rush, did it not?

But when did New Hampshire become--Such a backward wasteland of seatbelt hating crazies?...I mean, only 40 people actually live there. The others are just visitors who come for the tax-free liquor and three inches of novelty coastline. John Hodgeman on The Daily Show (1-30-07)

Yankeefan007
#3re: Tarzan Rush Tickets???
Posted: 3/11/06 at 4:56pm

The Richard Rodgers cannot accomodate SRO.

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#4re: Tarzan Rush Tickets???
Posted: 3/11/06 at 4:59pm

Yes, "Aida" had a student rush.

dirty rotten guy Profile Photo
dirty rotten guy
#5re: Tarzan Rush Tickets???
Posted: 3/11/06 at 5:02pm

Well Lion King and BATB both dont have rushes, so I dont think they will do it with Tarzan either. I guess they did a rush on Aida because it was an entirely new show and wasnt as closely associated with Disney so it didnt have such a built in audience.

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility. Oh brother, that got me, that did me in!"

Broadway_Boy
#6re: Tarzan Rush Tickets???
Posted: 3/11/06 at 5:07pm

Umm the Richard Rodgers theater definately does have SRO because Movin Out had it

Check out the app Todaytix if you haven't already for theatre tickets around the world. My referral code is DGHVR

Yankeefan007
#7re: Tarzan Rush Tickets???
Posted: 3/11/06 at 5:25pm

As I recall (having seen Movin' Out way too many times) the theater isn't equipped for SRO. I've been told that it was a fire hazard at the theater.

andyf
#8re: Tarzan Rush Tickets???
Posted: 3/11/06 at 5:52pm

Maybe they'll have front row rush like Movin' Out did, since the stage is so much higher than the front row and those seats are awful.

Andrew, tonight isn't about you! It isn't even about me!!! - [FD]

Broadway_Boy
#9re: Tarzan Rush Tickets???
Posted: 3/11/06 at 6:07pm

Well, not to be rude, but you recall wrong.
And also the front row seats in the New Amsterdam theater are just as bad as the front row in the Richard Rogers, I've sat in both. And they sell the front row for The Lion king at the same price as everything else in the orchestra.

Check out the app Todaytix if you haven't already for theatre tickets around the world. My referral code is DGHVR
Updated On: 3/11/06 at 06:07 PM

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#10re: Tarzan Rush Tickets???
Posted: 3/11/06 at 6:13pm

That theater had student rush for Footloose and Seussical, in the front row.

MissNY
#11re: Tarzan Rush Tickets???
Posted: 3/11/06 at 7:29pm

The theatre does have the standing room spaces but according to the box office, they dont yet know if they will be using it. If they do, it will post likely be partial view since the overhang of the mezz blocks some of the ariel work

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#12re: Tarzan Rush Tickets???
Posted: 5/15/06 at 2:05am

I read this policy on the Talkin' Broadway site:

Subject to availability, student rush tickets are sold at the box office, two hours prior to curtain, on the day of the performance. The tickets are $20 (cash only), a valid student ID is required, and two tickets are available per ID. Seats are usually in the front row of the theatre, though that is subject to change at any time.

How difficult is it to get the tickets? Setting aside how good or bad the show is, is it worth it to try to get tickets or is it too popular?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

LesMizazz Profile Photo
LesMizazz
#13re: Tarzan Rush Tickets???
Posted: 5/15/06 at 3:11am

I got tickets today for the 7pm show (which was a randomly added show due to opening night) and very few people showed up. I was the first person there and got there 1.5 hours before they went on sale.

"And suddenly I'm flying flying like a bird, like electricity, electricity, sparks inside of me, and I'm free, I'm free" -Billy Elliot

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#14re: Tarzan Rush Tickets???
Posted: 5/15/06 at 9:03am

bump...any other comments?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

kaboodles041 Profile Photo
kaboodles041
#15re: Tarzan Rush Tickets???
Posted: 5/15/06 at 10:02am

How many student rush tickets are available?

Arghh! Grammar pet peeve #1: your vs you're. "Your" is a possessive pronoun. "You're" is the contraction of "you are." <<

gboogie
#16re: Tarzan Rush Tickets???
Posted: 5/15/06 at 11:22am

It usually isn't as easy as last night. Last night's performance was just added in and not very many people knew about it. On a normal performance day I see people line up 3-4 hours before they go on sale, and all of the rush tickets get sold.

ETA: 20 seats. Updated On: 5/15/06 at 11:22 AM

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#17re: Tarzan Rush Tickets???
Posted: 6/3/06 at 1:41pm

is it still as crazy? is 3 to 4 hours necessary?

#18re: Tarzan Rush Tickets???
Posted: 6/3/06 at 1:45pm

yes. I did rush on Thursday and showed up around 230, with 6 people already in front of me. The rest of the line was there by 330...

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#19re: Tarzan Rush Tickets???
Posted: 6/3/06 at 1:53pm

wow. thanks.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#20re: Tarzan Rush Tickets???
Posted: 6/3/06 at 1:54pm

Why would people voluntarily put themselves through the hell of not only waiting on line, but then seeing TARZAN?

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#21re: Tarzan Rush Tickets???
Posted: 6/3/06 at 2:03pm

YO! MUNK! you know i love you, but GO AWAY!

it's a great show... and the front row still has a great view.. it's not that high at all. i've been to worse (wedding singer comes to mind... THAT stage is high)

::bust a move::

munkustrap178
#22re: Tarzan Rush Tickets???
Posted: 6/3/06 at 2:12pm

Zepka, you have reached an all-time low with your new avatar.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#23re: Tarzan Rush Tickets???
Posted: 6/3/06 at 2:13pm

it's only for the weekend... like i wanna see THAT for a while >_<

::bust a move::

munkustrap178
#24re: Tarzan Rush Tickets???
Posted: 6/3/06 at 2:16pm

....hm...narcisistic...

Videos