A Little Night Music Revival

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#0A Little Night Music Revival
Posted: 3/14/06 at 6:42pm

i think we need one! It's such a beautiful and funny show and it's only gotten one broadway production!

Someone needs to bring it back! who's with me!?

(oh yeah, and while you're at it, you can bring Barnum back as well)

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

MargoChanning
#1re: A Little Night Music Revival
Posted: 3/14/06 at 7:06pm

There's one in the works for next season.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#2re: A Little Night Music Revival
Posted: 3/14/06 at 7:09pm

Is that on again off again revival that was going to star Glenn Close but now isn't?

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#3re: A Little Night Music Revival
Posted: 3/14/06 at 7:09pm

thanks the lord...!

anyword on the creative and/or cast for the revival?

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#4re: A Little Night Music Revival
Posted: 3/14/06 at 7:13pm

Oh wow, I can't wait!

MargoChanning
#5re: A Little Night Music Revival
Posted: 3/14/06 at 7:14pm

Last I heard it was still happening even without Mme. Close. It'll be interesting to see who ends up being cast.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

thez914 Profile Photo
thez914
#6re: A Little Night Music Revival
Posted: 3/14/06 at 7:14pm

Malcom Gets has expressed interest in playing Fredrik...how sweet would that be?!?!

"Art is always in crisis: you must work fast to write in the breath on the window." -Edward Bond
Updated On: 3/14/06 at 07:14 PM

C is for Company
#7re: A Little Night Music Revival
Posted: 3/14/06 at 7:16pm

I'd actually buy tickets in advance for once to see it open!

Michael Bennett
#8re: A Little Night Music Revival
Posted: 3/14/06 at 7:19pm

Can Meryl Streep do this? Please!

Malcolm Gets is a little young for Fredrick. He's actually not really right for any role in this.

Brodybaby03 Profile Photo
Brodybaby03
#9re: A Little Night Music Revival
Posted: 3/14/06 at 7:28pm

I actually think he'd make a lovely Henrik....I know he's getting older but I still think he can look very youthful...I'm sure they'll go younger.
I'd love it if they kept Laura Benanti on as Anne, and keep Michelle Pawk in the cast somehow. I wish Jeremy Irons would reprise his role as Fredrik again....but the Gods aren't that good.
Marc Kudisch should be SOMETHING just because he is Marc Kudisch and in my world Marin Mazzie is always Desiree....but that's a perfect world.
Oh, and I would play Petra.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#10re: A Little Night Music Revival
Posted: 3/14/06 at 7:33pm

Every day a little death...

if only....

Dollypop
#11re: A Little Night Music Revival
Posted: 3/14/06 at 7:45pm

I'd love to see Zoe Caldwell in the Hermione Gingold role.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Brodybaby03
#12re: A Little Night Music Revival
Posted: 3/14/06 at 7:47pm

I'd love to see Elaine Stritch in her AT LIBERTY costume

Michael Bennett
#13re: A Little Night Music Revival
Posted: 3/14/06 at 7:47pm

Well, to be honest, I hope they cast people who didn't don the show in the last production at City Opera. How boring is that?

I'd love for Streep to play Desiree, Kevin Kline to be Frederick, two very young people to be cast as Anne and Henrick and perhaps not an obvious choice: I think Ann Hampton Callaway would be a fantastic Charlotte.

Brodybaby03
#14re: A Little Night Music Revival
Posted: 3/14/06 at 7:50pm

Oh KEVIN KLINE...how do I love thee...

smartpenguin78 Profile Photo
smartpenguin78
#15re: A Little Night Music Revival
Posted: 3/14/06 at 7:54pm

Wow, it would be so fantastic if this actually happens this time.
Honestly I am not convinced yet, but I want to be.

I stand corrected, you are as vapid as they say.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#16re: A Little Night Music Revival
Posted: 3/14/06 at 7:58pm

At this point, Mme. Close should be Mme. Armfeldt. They've waited long enough... she's graduated to the "third smile."

And Anne is supposed to be 18 and Henrik is 20. Malcom Gets can't pull off 20 anymore. And I agree he's not right for Fredrick. "Not good old Fredrick. Not Fredrick at all!"

I would LOVE for Meryl to play Desiree. If she signed on, I've no doubt they'd green-light the revival. But I also think that Annette Bening would be terrific.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
Updated On: 3/14/06 at 07:58 PM

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#17re: A Little Night Music Revival
Posted: 3/14/06 at 8:01pm

oh Annette... how i love thee!

BroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
#18re: A Little Night Music Revival
Posted: 3/14/06 at 8:04pm

Let's hope they don't ruin it with REDUCED ORCHESTRATIONS.

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#19re: A Little Night Music Revival
Posted: 3/14/06 at 8:05pm

GAAAAAAAAH!

that would suck. unless it was completly innovative, and it worked. (IE: Sweeney Revival or some other way...)

C is for Company
#20re: A Little Night Music Revival
Posted: 3/14/06 at 8:11pm

"They've waited long enough... she's graduated to the "third smile.""

hahaha thats good. All I really want is a great Madame Armfeldt. I always feel this character gives the show a grand feel along with the orchestrations. And a good Miller's Son and Send in the Clowns are necessary. Actually I stop here cause I would wind up listing every song by the time I am done. Except for Carl-Magnus stuff.
I'd actually love to see Maggie Smith as Mme. herself

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#21re: A Little Night Music Revival
Posted: 3/14/06 at 8:38pm

I want a great Madame Armfeldt too. I'd love for it to be Judi Dench, but it's too small of a part for her to justify giving up all those film roles to play it. That girl works up a storm!

I'd love to see them snag another aging opera diva, at least. Mme. Armfeldt needs that kind of stature and presence. Regina Reznik was so damn good in the NY Opera production. I'm sure they could go through the Aging Diva Yellow Pages and find another good gal!

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

amasis Profile Photo
amasis
#22re: A Little Night Music Revival
Posted: 3/14/06 at 8:40pm

I'd love to see Marc Kudisch as Carl-Magnus again. But I guess he's done it, what, twice or three times already? And Annette Bening would be lovely. :)

Pinaud Profile Photo
Pinaud
#23re: A Little Night Music Revival
Posted: 3/14/06 at 8:52pm

This is a little Desiree/ Charlotte rant, sorry, it all over the place.

Here, here for Annette Bening as Desiree!

What about Harriet Harris as Charlotte?

I remember Sigourney Weaver and Jean Smart mentioned a couple of years ago for Follies. Can Sigourney Weaver sing? I think she would be amazing as Charlotte, though she would never do it. Smart would be great as either Desiree or Charlotte.

Maybe this is totally out of left field, but I remember I was listening to the recording many years ago, and Michelle Pfeiffer popped into my mind for Desiree.(I know, I know, a movie star) But I would be intrigued to see her on stage.

Also, Dee Hoty would be perfection as Charlotte.

MargoChanning
#24re: A Little Night Music Revival
Posted: 3/14/06 at 9:08pm

I know that Weaver used to do cabarets with music and comedy with her pal Christopher Durang (best friends since Yale) so I take it she can sing to some extent. I never heard her, so I'm not sure how well, though.

Videos