pixeltracker

Someone make a show for AMY SPANGER!!

Someone make a show for AMY SPANGER!!

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#0Someone make a show for AMY SPANGER!!
Posted: 3/21/06 at 12:43pm

My lord. After seeing her in FEELING ELECTRIC, THE WEDDING SINGER, and the REEFER MADNESS movie, someone HAS to write Amy Spanger a starring role in a Broadway musical. I can only imagine how great she was as Hope in URINETOWN, and she's fantastic on the TICK TICK BOOM recording. And did we mention that she can DANCE? The girl can do it all! Make her a great triple threat role that carries a show. Please. And give Jen Cody her fun best friend role. Tony Awards all around!

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

Thesbijean
#1re: Someone make a show for AMY SPANGER!!
Posted: 3/21/06 at 1:06pm

She was great when I saw her as Roxie in CHICAGO, her husband wasn't half bad either as Billy Flynn...

BroadwayChica Profile Photo
BroadwayChica
#2re: Someone make a show for AMY SPANGER!!
Posted: 3/21/06 at 2:12pm

omg, Michael Hall NEEDS to come back to the theater asap. In a singing role that is.

And yes, Amy Spanger is fabulous. Love her.

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#3re: Someone make a show for AMY SPANGER!!
Posted: 3/21/06 at 2:20pm

Amy Spanger is definitely a favorite of mine. I'd welcome a stage return for her.

Bohemian1232 Profile Photo
Bohemian1232
#4re: Someone make a show for AMY SPANGER!!
Posted: 3/21/06 at 2:28pm

I love her.

"Nothing's lost forever. In this world, there is a kind of painful progress. Longing for what we've left behind, and dreaming ahead."

thejcm Profile Photo
thejcm
#5re: Someone make a show for AMY SPANGER!!
Posted: 3/21/06 at 3:16pm

I'd so switch teams for Amy Spanger (and I'm a gay man.)

So much talent in that girl. Love, love, lover her in Reefer Madness. I just love her line deliveries..."She fell down!"

Anyway, yes, agreed, give this girl a show!

"Who says you can't bend over backwards and eat bugs if you want to? I guess the bugs would probably say you can't do that that, but assuming that they are willing and consenting bugs, then there's no problem. Let's wig out eating bugs." -RuPaul

#6re: Someone make a show for AMY SPANGER!!
Posted: 3/21/06 at 3:29pm

i love amy spanger too! she and i started out together at our auditions and a couple times we were at callbacks together til the end. she was so supportive and non-competitive. its because i know her that i was interested in seeing Six Feet Under and then became a HUGE fan of her husband as well! too much talent in one family!!
i wish both of them back to the broadway stage and SOON!
(she would have been cute in the Wedding Singer in Drew Barrymore's role actually)

OverTheBoone
#7re: Someone make a show for AMY SPANGER!!
Posted: 3/21/06 at 3:30pm

Amy Spanger is so amazing. She should return to the stage!

#8re: Someone make a show for AMY SPANGER!!
Posted: 3/21/06 at 3:51pm

she IS in Wedding Singer..right?

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#9re: Someone make a show for AMY SPANGER!!
Posted: 3/21/06 at 3:52pm

Yea, I think she's featured.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

BroadwayChica Profile Photo
BroadwayChica
#10re: Someone make a show for AMY SPANGER!!
Posted: 3/21/06 at 4:02pm

Yup.And I hear she steals the show.

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#11re: Someone make a show for AMY SPANGER!!
Posted: 3/21/06 at 4:04pm

I LOVE Amy Spanger.

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#12re: Someone make a show for AMY SPANGER!!
Posted: 3/21/06 at 4:51pm

Amy hasn't really left the stage. She's done a bit of TV/film work, but she's always been doing stage work. She'll be on Bway soon in Wedding Singer, where she really does do a stellar job with her supporting part. Maybe she'll finally get the Tony nomination (and win?) that she deserves. She really hasn't been away from theatre all that long...

late 90's - Sunset Boulevard, Chicago, Fosse (Toronto workshop)
1999 - Kiss Me, Kate
2001 - tick, tick... BOOM!
2003 - Urinetown
2005 - Feeling Electric
2006 - Wedding Singer

Some of those dates might be wrong, but she's been a busy girl in the theatre. She's supremely funny, and a true triple threat. I would have loved to see her play Charity, and whoever said it, she WOULD be a great Julia in WEDDING SINGER. Perhaps they'll let her take the role over if the show runs long enough.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

Wicked_fan
#13re: Someone make a show for AMY SPANGER!!
Posted: 3/21/06 at 4:52pm

I wasn't too impressed with her when I first heard "Tick, Tick... BOOM!" but then I saw Reefer Madness: the Movie Musical, and fell in LOOOVE with her. She nailed that role...and her voice has (IMO) improved sooo much since TTB.
I'd looove to see her in Wedding Singer!

"Better a witty fool than a foolish wit"

-Feste from "Twelfth Night"

staticradar Profile Photo
staticradar
#14re: Someone make a show for AMY SPANGER!!
Posted: 3/21/06 at 8:02pm

Amy Spanger is amazing! I adore her, her voice is just wow. I'm so excited for the Wedding Singer, gonna try to get to NYC this summer to see it.

You're always sorry, You're always grateful, You hold her, thinking: "I'm not alone." You're still alone.
-"Sorry-Grateful" Company

Joshua488
#15re: Someone make a show for AMY SPANGER!!
Posted: 3/21/06 at 8:45pm

I love Amy Spanger. And she was wonderful in the "Reefer Madness" film.

GClef2 Profile Photo
GClef2
#16re: Someone make a show for AMY SPANGER!!
Posted: 3/21/06 at 9:07pm

Just wondering...Does anyone know where she went to college?

"The only way we live beyond our lives is to connect and carve ourselves into the souls of those we love." -Little Fish

sadiem100 Profile Photo
sadiem100
#17re: Someone make a show for AMY SPANGER!!
Posted: 3/21/06 at 9:30pm

"Yup.And I hear she steals the show."

She does. She is fabulous in Wedding Singer. She definitely deserves a show. She is also a VERY nice person.

"Electricity sparks inside of me... and I'm free, I'm free."
Updated On: 3/21/06 at 09:30 PM

Videos