pixeltracker

Future Elphabas & Glindas- Page 2

Future Elphabas & Glindas

Fabrizio2
#25re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/5/06 at 6:41pm

omg i tink lyke that elfaba should b plaied by lyke posh spyse and lyke glindah shud be plaied by babey spyce

Just a thought...

No but seriously I personally like Eden right now and I do not really want to think about who is next because then we will be able to put it on the shelf with Phantom and its horrible casts.

TheaterAddict7652
#26re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/5/06 at 6:47pm

I think that Sherie René Scott could play either Glinda or Elphaba- she seems to fit both vocally.

There's a lot I am not certain of...
Updated On: 4/5/06 at 06:47 PM

citrustwist
#27re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/5/06 at 7:11pm

Caren Lyn Manuel would make an amazing Elphaba. Her voice, her look, and going by her own show, the fact that she actually IS a witch... it would be perfect.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#28re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/5/06 at 7:13pm

(Someone seems to have Caren problems).

I agree (except, she's not a witch). I could definitely see her making a good Elphaba.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

ThePinballWizard Profile Photo
ThePinballWizard
#29re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/5/06 at 7:16pm

re: Future Elphabas & Glindas

I think Barbara Streisand should play Glinda and Cher play Elphaba. Carol Channing as Madame Morrible, Christina Applegate as Nessa Rose. Here's a visual.

"Isn't it strange that we spend most of our time learning to do what they put people in asylums for." - Jane Fonda on Acting

broadwaybaby221
#30re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/5/06 at 7:18pm

I love it!

~Sara~

rosekwbp Profile Photo
rosekwbp
#31re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/5/06 at 7:23pm

I'd love to see Kate Reinders as Glinda on Bway.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#32re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/5/06 at 7:49pm

victoria matlock who just joined the cast in philly as the elphie standby has my vote. Check the wicked in philly thread for my review

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#33re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/5/06 at 7:51pm

victoria matlock who just joined the cast in philly as the elphie standby has my vote. Check the wicked in philly thread for my review

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

citrustwist
#34re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/5/06 at 8:07pm

(Someone seems to have Caren problems).

I agree (except, she's not a witch). I could definitely see her making a good Elphaba.

Not at all, I adore the woman! I meant she literally is a witch, as in practices Wicca. There's a few extra points in that!

anne3
#35re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/5/06 at 8:49pm

I think Caren would make an incredible Elphaba. I woould worry about her acting though. She's be like ultra-tough, I'm gonna beat you up, Ghetto Elphaba.

#36re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/5/06 at 10:28pm

Coleen Sexton needs to be Elphaba.....

Yankeefan007
#37re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/5/06 at 10:34pm

Wicked casting is a circle. Every six-nine months, they elevate a standby or put in someone from the tour. Example: Idina left and Shoshana took over. Shoshana left and Eden took over. JLT left and Megan took over. Since Eden was on the tour, it's logical that Kendra is the next Glinda.

#38re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/5/06 at 10:43pm

hmm...so how do we explain Julia?
Coleen Sexton..for next ELPHABA!!!

Kevinoes Profile Photo
Kevinoes
#39re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/5/06 at 10:49pm

Eden actually had quite a gap between her tour gig in SF and her Broadway one. September-January. Pretty big. I think it was just the timing that worked out. The producers probably came up and asked if she'd want to do Broadway after Sho left.

I got a new one: Elaine Stritch as Glinda. I'd pay damn good money for that.

#40re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/5/06 at 10:50pm

kevinoes..are you anastasia's kevin??

Kevinoes Profile Photo
Kevinoes
#41re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/5/06 at 11:15pm

I don't know what that illudes to...so no. :)

Katt
#42re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/5/06 at 11:18pm

My vote would be for Katie Adams to be the next full time Glinda. But I think that she is leaving soon. re: Future Elphabas & Glindas

bigrab1018 Profile Photo
bigrab1018
#43re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/5/06 at 11:40pm

Yeah, Katie Adams and Saycon are both amazing.

I would love to see Katharine McPhee as Elphaba!

"Billy, put down that phylactery...we're Episcopalian." - Spelling Bee

AllNite429
#44re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/6/06 at 9:03am

I would DIE is Ana Gasteyer came back to Wicked on Bway, even if for a short run. She was so spectacular. NYC audiences need to see her performance, especially her "Defying Gravity".

Mother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
#45re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/6/06 at 12:17pm

After seeing the show pre-Broadway in SF, I remember saying that I thought Sherie Rene Scott will probably be Elphaba someday.

mortgageguy79 Profile Photo
mortgageguy79
#46re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/6/06 at 12:31pm

I would love to see Kristy Cates at the Gershwin. I was in Chicago and saw the show and she was FANTASTIC! I liked her better than Ana....there's my vote. For Glinda, I don't care....just get me a bubbly soprano that can belt it out...I'll smile!

Jack: For your information, most people who meet me do not know that I am gay. Will: Jack, blind and deaf people know you're gay. Dead people know you're gay. Jack: Grace, when you first met me, did you know I was gay? Grace: My dog knew.

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#47re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/6/06 at 3:07pm

I hope Kate Reinders returns to the role of Glinda at some point, hopefully on Broadway. She was simply stunning in the role.

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

philcrosby
#48re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/6/06 at 3:58pm

I think it's time for some gender-blind casting ....
David Hyde Pierce as Glinda
Kelsey Grammer as Elphaba

or CHICAGO-style casting ...
Melanie Griffith as Glinda
Brooke Shields as Elphaba

or John Doyle-style casting ...
Barbara Walsh as Glinda (playing the triangle) with
Patti LuPone on Tuba as Elphaba

AdamBritten Profile Photo
AdamBritten
#49re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/6/06 at 5:28pm

"I would love to see Katharine McPhee as Elphaba!"

Ummm.....no

You gotta run the race to win the prize!