pixeltracker

Sound clips from the WEDDING SINGER CD are NOW online!!- Page 2

Sound clips from the WEDDING SINGER CD are NOW online!!

iluvtheatertrash
#25re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/18/06 at 9:59am

Laura told me they recorded RIGHT ON TIME. It might be a suprise bonus track. Don't give up hope yet.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

Aaron27 Profile Photo
Aaron27
#26re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/18/06 at 10:59am

Mine's already on pre-order the second it became available on Amazon. I'd love to see the show. Steven Lynch is my fav comedian...must explain my sense of humor, then :)

Nycboi23
#27re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/18/06 at 11:15am

ILuvtheatertrash, I really appreciate your comment. I think the track list is a little odd. I don't remember a reprise for "If I told you" and why is Stephen Lynch singing the reprise for "Someday"? Also, only one artist is listed for each track when clearly there are company numbers and duets. I think they may have taken the info from a playbill source and we all know the playbills have all been a little unclear with the musical numbers at some point. I REALLY HOPE RIGHT ON TIME IS ON THE CD!! I think it would make a big difference for the better.

Tiny-Toon Profile Photo
Tiny-Toon
#28re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/18/06 at 11:39am

Stephen sings a reprise of "Someday" at his wedding

**SPOILER**

(when Linda doesnt show up)

**END SPOILER**

And I think Sony just choose the main character that sings the song. I spoke to one of the producers of the show after opening and he told me they will record RIGHT ON TIME if they have time.. so I hope they did and its on there!

Updated On: 5/18/06 at 11:39 AM

NBC
#29re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/18/06 at 12:39pm

I cannot wait for this cd. Just sayin'.

Was Right on Time the song replaced by Someday? I saw the show during previews, and I saw Someday.

"I cried during the Frug." - MC

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#30re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/18/06 at 12:51pm

I don't see why people are so surprised about "Right On Time" not being on the tracklist - it isn't in the show and hasn't been for some time.

If they recorded it as bonus that's nice but... I don't know.

And NYCboi, there is a reprise of "If I Told You" - thats the bit with the... airplane.

Now what would you say if today I started over? Without a thing but this taped together four leaf clover And I'll pretend like everything is already alright And I'll run toward the sun till the castle's out of sight

iluvtheatertrash
#31re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/18/06 at 1:19pm

Lea beat me to it, but yes. They reprise the song when Julia is on the airplane and Robbie is at his grandmother's 50th wedding anniversary celebration. (Rosie is in the middle of reading her poem when the reprise takes place.)

RIGHT ON TIME *was* recorded, it's just a matter of whether or not it's on the album.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

ErikInTheCity
#32re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/18/06 at 2:16pm

I was told that Right On Time and the other bonus tracks will be available through a deal with iTunes. I believe if you purchase the tracks through iTunes, you will receive the bonus tracks. Not sure if they will be on the cd. I think this might an exclusive offer with iTunes.

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#33re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/18/06 at 2:42pm

I WANT THOSE BONUS TRACKS, ESPECIALLY RIGHT ON TIME!!!

I think they took Awesome out of the playbill, because having the title there kind of ruins the first joke of the song.

I <3 Wedding Singerrrrrr

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

Nycboi23
#34re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/18/06 at 4:39pm

Hey guys, thanks for clearing up things up with the reprises for me and who sings what. So according to this message board, we're pretty sure Right On Time was indeed recorded, and the itunes info (please let it be true!) makes a lot of sense! I was worried that maybe the CD physically couldn't Hold "Right On Time" due to the limited memory of a CD, but itunes could hold it, and a its a big thing for itunes to include bonus tracks to persuade people to buy it from them. I know I've been extremely passionate about the song (ROT), but wow, it's a great number!!!! and to the point it deserves to see the light of day.

overthemoon419 Profile Photo
overthemoon419
#35re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/18/06 at 5:17pm

I agree, InfiniteTheaterFrenzy. Having "Awesome" in the Playbill had the same effect of "Tits and Ass" in A Chorus Line - a punch line isn't nearly as funny when you know it's coming. Although, they could have taken a similar path and changed the name (a la "Dance: Ten, Looks: Three")... whatever. Doesn't really make much of a difference in the long run.

Have I mentioned that every time I see a commercial for this show it makes me want to see it again? That's a good sign.

"It's not for sissies, contrary to popular belief." - Tommy Tune, on musical theatre.

My avatar: Yummy, no?

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#36re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/18/06 at 5:44pm

Yay! I am going tonight, so excited! I wonder if the cd will be out earlier at the theater, a couple of shows have done that- released it at the show a few days before the scheduled release date.

RentBoy86
#37re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/18/06 at 5:49pm

Seems pointless to record it and not put it on the CD. Its just a matter of burning it onto the CD. The show has a lot of songs, but I'm sure they can all easily fit onto a Cd.

Nycboi23
#38re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/18/06 at 6:19pm

One would think it would all fit onto 1 cd, but look what happened with the Wicked Recording...."Wicked Witch of the East" wasn't added for two reasons (at least I heard) 1) too plot revealing, 2) the time limitations on the cd. Although I do agree with Rentboy that everything from Wedding Singer including 2 bonus tracks should fit, some of the tracks can't be any longer than 1 or 2 minutes. And I also agree that why the heck would they record a number for nothing? Especially now we're pretty sure we know it's been recorded. I just read Drowsy Chap.'s recording is going to have 2 bonus tracks, hopefully Wedding Singer will too.

RentBoy86
#39re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/18/06 at 6:30pm

I think the Wicked track didn't make it because it was too plot revealing. Although, in retrospect, I don't think it really reveals all that much. They could have cut some of the dialogue out.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#40re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/18/06 at 6:48pm

They could have cut some of the dialogue out.

That's the other reason why it's not on there. Too much plot, and too much dialogue.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

RentBoy86
#41re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/18/06 at 6:53pm

Yeah, I guess that's true. But I do love that little belty part in the middle where she says ends with saying like "I'm the wicked witch of the east..."

fishergirl819 Profile Photo
fishergirl819
#42re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/18/06 at 7:02pm

When I was at the show this past Saturday night, I overheard the guy who runs to merchandise booth telling a couple that the CD would be released the first week in June, but that they would have it available for purchase at the theatre a week or two ahead of time.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#43re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/18/06 at 7:50pm

i just really hope that the lyrics are included in the cd booklet. I hate it when they are not (especially for shows i haven't seen)

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#44re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/18/06 at 7:56pm

jon, go to see it! what are you waiting for?

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#45re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/18/06 at 7:58pm

finals to be over/ me having money, but its extremely high on my to do list

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Yankeefan007
#46re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/18/06 at 8:06pm

It will be an excellent CD.

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#47re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/18/06 at 8:50pm

re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing

ETA: taken from another website Updated On: 5/18/06 at 08:50 PM

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#48re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/18/06 at 8:54pm

Amy is god!!!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#49re: Wedding Singer CD Cover + Track Listing
Posted: 5/18/06 at 8:55pm

Blending "A Lovely Bride" and "Awesome" to one track wouldn't have been terrible, but aside from that I think the CD is a wonderful representation of the show.

Can't wait for this one to come out

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock
Updated On: 5/18/06 at 08:55 PM