Tarzan programs!

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#0Tarzan programs!
Posted: 5/20/06 at 11:17pm

Tarzan programs are here! They are so pretty, with lots of pictures from the show, as well as rehearsal pics and info about the show and its creative team.

It even comes in a green Tarzan tote bag!!

Suedenymes Profile Photo
Suedenymes
#1re: Tarzan programs!
Posted: 5/20/06 at 11:34pm

have you considered starting a shilling consultancy practice? you seem to be well suited for success in that line.

NYCtheater
#2re: Tarzan programs!
Posted: 5/20/06 at 11:38pm

The program sounds good. :) How much are they?

Suedenymes Profile Photo
Suedenymes
#3re: Tarzan programs!
Posted: 5/20/06 at 11:40pm

not worth the $110 it costs to get into the store to buy them.

Tiny-Toon Profile Photo
Tiny-Toon
#4re: Tarzan programs!
Posted: 5/20/06 at 11:48pm

NICE!!! I can't wait to buy mine tomorrow when I see the show. Thanks for the heads up, as always!

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#5re: Tarzan programs!
Posted: 5/20/06 at 11:49pm

Suedenymes, your negative comments are both out of place and not necessary. Please take your pessimism someplace else.

Let those of us who enjoy the show (as well as other shows which you also felt the need to comment on) share about it with other people who are interested.

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#6re: Tarzan programs!
Posted: 5/20/06 at 11:49pm

Ooooh tote bag! How much is a program?

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#7re: Tarzan programs!
Posted: 5/20/06 at 11:51pm

I think they are $20.

renthead333 Profile Photo
renthead333
#8re: Tarzan programs!
Posted: 5/20/06 at 11:52pm

liotte, any upadated reviews on the show?

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#9re: Tarzan programs!
Posted: 5/20/06 at 11:53pm

Sure, what do you want to know?

gavrochegirl
#10re: Tarzan programs!
Posted: 5/20/06 at 11:56pm

Well, I would personally like to know how Alex Rutherford is, if you've seen him as Young Tarzan.

What the puck?!

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#11re: Tarzan programs!
Posted: 5/21/06 at 12:00am

I have seen both Daniel and Alex multiple times.

They are both great. Alex's voice is a little higher, and he does a couple more flips than Daniel. He's also smaller.

gavrochegirl
#12re: Tarzan programs!
Posted: 5/21/06 at 12:02am

Ah, I see. It figures that Alex has a higher voice and does more flips -- he's a year younger than Daniel. But I'm glad to hear that he's doing a great job!

What the puck?!

Luckydave14
#13re: Tarzan programs!
Posted: 5/21/06 at 12:03am

Do we know which one is going to be on the cast recording and which one is featured in the program?

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#14re: Tarzan programs!
Posted: 5/21/06 at 12:05am

They are both in the program, though Daniel is in it a bit more than Alex.

I don't know about the recording, as it hasn't come out yet.

gboogie
#15re: Tarzan programs!
Posted: 5/21/06 at 12:53am

Programs are $20 with a free green tote bag. And they are flying off the shelves! They are GORGEOUS! I'm so glad that Disney put time and energy into this program, it's paying off. The pictures are stunning!

Alex Rutherford and Daniel Manche are both wonderful in the role! They are both featured in the program and on the CD. Daniel Manche sings "Who Better Than Me" on the recording and Alex Rutherford sings "I Need to Know" and the beginning of "Everything That I Am".

The cast recording sounds AMAZING and I can't wait until it goes on sale.

:)

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#16re: Tarzan programs!
Posted: 5/21/06 at 1:10am

Do I have to see the show again to purchase the Souvenir Program? Are they selling them outside the theater before each show? (I know Sweet Charity did that) Thanks!

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#17re: Tarzan programs!
Posted: 5/21/06 at 1:10am

i can't wait to get mine re: Tarzan programs!

::bust a move::

FosseBoi
#18re: Tarzan programs!
Posted: 5/21/06 at 1:24am

Do we get any pictures of the bag? I'm curious as to what it looks like.

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

gboogie
#19re: Tarzan programs!
Posted: 5/21/06 at 1:44am

Yes, they are being sold outside before and after the show.

I don't have a picture of the bag to share. I supposed I could always take a picture of the one that's right next to me... but I'm too tired.

Personally, I would pay $20 for just ONE of the pictures in the program. They are just that artistic and breath-taking.
Updated On: 5/21/06 at 01:44 AM

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#20re: Tarzan programs!
Posted: 5/21/06 at 9:38am

$20.00 for a program? What the hell is that about? I paid $10 for the beautiful progra from The Light in the Piazza which I'm sure is 10 times better than any program from Tarzan. Damn Disney and their money making schemes.

dirty rotten guy Profile Photo
dirty rotten guy
#21re: Tarzan programs!
Posted: 5/21/06 at 9:52am

Sounds awesome! I wish Sweeney would make a program...

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility. Oh brother, that got me, that did me in!"

Suedenymes Profile Photo
Suedenymes
#22re: Tarzan programs!
Posted: 5/21/06 at 10:02am

unbridled childish hallmark card enthusiam that lacks any capacity for objective criticism is detrimental to the legitimate theater.

liotte, have you considered wearing a sandwich board and walking up and up down Broadway? tarzan programs, $20 + ticket

tophertilson Profile Photo
tophertilson
#23re: Tarzan programs!
Posted: 5/21/06 at 10:09am

Say what you will about Disney, they do the peripherals (merchandising, marketing, advertising, et al) very well.

TT

"Me flunk English? That's unpossible!" - Ralph Wiggum

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#24re: Tarzan programs!
Posted: 5/21/06 at 10:14am

Oh I'll agree with that, but they just overprice everything. I could see 10 or 15 bucks, but 20?

Videos