Beth Leavel Appreciation thread

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#0Beth Leavel Appreciation thread
Posted: 5/30/06 at 11:26pm

She is a pro. What do you love about her?
She is hilarious.
Beth Leavel Appreciation thread

iluvtheatertrash
#1re: Beth Leavel Appreciation thread
Posted: 5/30/06 at 11:27pm

Besides her incredible kindness and loving personality at the stagedoor,

the woman is a theater Goddess and delivers an unstoppable performance in DROWSY. She has continually left me speechless.

What a wonderful woman and performer. I smell a Tony.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

Fabrizio2
#2re: Beth Leavel Appreciation thread
Posted: 5/30/06 at 11:28pm

I love her facial expressions in As We Stumble Along...as well has her hand gestures and everything abotu her. Fabulous actress. Guaranteed the Tony.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#3re: Beth Leavel Appreciation thread
Posted: 5/30/06 at 11:31pm

re: Beth Leavel Appreciation thread

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#4re: Beth Leavel Appreciation thread

Seeing her at the Drama Desk Awards made me want to see The Drowsy Chaperone again! Love her!

new_philosophy_girl Profile Photo
new_philosophy_girl
#5re: Beth Leavel Appreciation thread

Such a sweet woman and gives one hell of a performance.

Saw the show the day the Tony nods came out and asked her after if she was excited that morning and she shrieked like a 12 year old at a Justin Timberlake concert...

Sponsor me as I walk the Philadelphia AIDS Walk - Sunday, October 16, 2011. Many of our friends, family and neighbors are in desperate need of health care services and other life-saving programs, but with cutbacks in government dollars , these programs are often under-funded. Now, more than ever, your donations are needed to support organizations providing HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention education, counseling and testing and care services for people living with HIV/AIDS. http://www.aidswalkphilly.org/users/index.php/profile/detail/186643

Fabrizio2
#6re: Beth Leavel Appreciation thread
Posted: 5/30/06 at 11:32pm

I want to make a Bob Martin appreciation thread

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#7re: Beth Leavel Appreciation thread
Posted: 5/30/06 at 11:33pm

She made the show for me. Well, her and Bob Martin.
That role is faboo. She did such a great job in such a bad situation.
I don't think anyone could have done a better job.
Beth, I salute you!
re: Beth Leavel Appreciation thread
As you stumble along. re: Beth Leavel Appreciation thread re: Beth Leavel Appreciation thread
And I want that costume! Updated On: 5/30/06 at 11:33 PM

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#8re: Beth Leavel Appreciation thread
Posted: 5/30/06 at 11:33pm

She's the Bee's knees!

Fabrizio2
#9re: Beth Leavel Appreciation thread
Posted: 5/30/06 at 11:35pm

Oh god I am a boy and I want that costume, and for some reason I want to tango with Aldopho like her because she made it look so sexy. Bahahah!

hypertruffle
#10re: Beth Leavel Appreciation thread
Posted: 5/30/06 at 11:38pm

Though I never saw her in Drowsy Chaperone, I saw her as Dorothy Brock in my first Broadway show, 42nd Street. Cheers!

"The cynicism you refer to, I acquired the day I discovered I was different from little boys!~All About Eve

Fabrizio2
#11re: Beth Leavel Appreciation thread
Posted: 5/30/06 at 11:39pm

What is your avatar? ^^^^^

Born2shine87
#12re: Beth Leavel Appreciation thread
Posted: 5/30/06 at 11:39pm

LOVE her! She stole the show for me. She's an amazing comedic actor and I really hope she takes home the Tony.

LaCageAuxFollesFan2 Profile Photo
LaCageAuxFollesFan2
#13re: Beth Leavel Appreciation thread
Posted: 5/31/06 at 12:23am

Having seen her in The Civil War, 42nd Street, LoneStar Love, and now Drowsy...I can honestly say Beth Leavel is one of the finest actress' on an American stage. She holds quite a presense on stage - no matter what role she is playing. Beth always gives 110% and it continually pays off for her. She is a sweet individual who is not only giving of herself, but greatful for all of her fans and a true class act. Folks like Beth are rare and a dime a dozen. She deserves that Tony Award in two weeks, not just for DROWSY, but for the contribution she has made to the American Theatre in general. BRAVO BETH! YOU ARE THE TOPS!

nomdeplume
#14re: Beth Leavel Appreciation thread
Posted: 5/31/06 at 12:24am

What a voice.

I love her dipsy-do.

The lavender gown she has toward the end is to die for.

Plus she lands that European with the curly eyebrows...

jetteson
#15re: Beth Leavel Appreciation thread
Posted: 5/31/06 at 12:27am

Too fabulous is she. As part of a Youth Theatre Wing scholarship program, I was able to sit in on a master session she was giving to student. Let me just say that there is no chip on her shoulder. True grace.

Jetteson

BROADWAYFAN3
#17re: Beth Leavel Appreciation thread
Posted: 5/31/06 at 1:50am

LOVE HER

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#19re: Beth Leavel Appreciation thread
Posted: 6/1/06 at 10:28am

I would like to add my appreciation for this trully kind and talented woman. I saw 42nd street when I was 12 years old and it was an experience I will never forget. She was one of the first performers that really touched my heart and made me fall in love with theater(even before I became a fan of Bernadette's). I remember vividly begging my parents to meet her afterwards and we did! At the first preview of DC, I shared this story with her and after a moment, she wrapped her arms around me and thanked me, saying that the story meant alot to her. It was a dream to meet her agian and I told her that night that I expect a tony nomination and she got it. Beth Leavel is one of the best there is, hands down!

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#20re: Beth Leavel Appreciation thread
Posted: 6/1/06 at 12:15pm

I Heart Beth. She is hilarious. I am so happy she got nominated for a TONY. I am taking my mom and dad back to see Drowsy Again tonight just to see this amazing cast and Beth. She is so wonderful in anything she does.

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#21re: Beth Leavel Appreciation thread
Posted: 6/4/06 at 9:11pm

Saw Drowsy again this afternoon and Beth Leavel is simply fabulous! I was right up front and since it was my third time seeing the show I turned my attention away from the main action quite a bit and kept noticing how hillariously in character she always was. She's a joy to watch! Can't wait to see her Tony acceptance speech!

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#22re: Beth Leavel Appreciation thread
Posted: 6/4/06 at 10:51pm

What she can do with a line presentation is AMAZING....

Why are there olives in my gimlit?

maybethistime
#23re: Beth Leavel Appreciation thread
Posted: 6/4/06 at 10:59pm

Shes absolutley hilarious! I love her.

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#24re: Beth Leavel Appreciation thread
Posted: 6/4/06 at 11:01pm

Antartica? Oh Please!

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#25re: Beth Leavel Appreciation thread
Posted: 6/4/06 at 11:02pm

I ADORE her. BRAVO BETH!!!

"Antarctica... oh please..."

courtnyj, you beat me to it! Updated On: 6/4/06 at 11:02 PM

#26re: Beth Leavel Appreciation thread
Posted: 6/4/06 at 11:05pm

I saw her play the Bonnie Franklin role in APPLAUSE at The Equity Library Theatre in 1982 - She was fantastic! I always hoped she'd make it. So talented. May she triumph on Tony Night!

Videos