pixeltracker

What songs are being done at the tonys

What songs are being done at the tonys

singingshowgirl Profile Photo
singingshowgirl
#0What songs are being done at the tonys
Posted: 6/4/06 at 7:29pm

Is it hidden or does it say somewhere what songs the best musical and best musical revival candidates are doing at the tonys next week?

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#1re: What songs are being done at the tonys
Posted: 6/4/06 at 7:45pm

do. a. search.

GOD DAMNIT! re: What songs are being done at the tonys

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#2re: What songs are being done at the tonys
Posted: 6/4/06 at 7:56pm

IIRC nothing has been announced "officially".

cjoyce
#3re: What songs are being done at the tonys
Posted: 6/4/06 at 8:01pm

I heard at the stage door of Drowsy, they will be performing I Don't Wanna Show-Off and at the stage door of Jersey Boys, Christian said they are rehearsing a medley. Not sure of any others.

Mandi Moo Profile Photo
Mandi Moo
#4re: What songs are being done at the tonys
Posted: 6/4/06 at 8:03pm

Sweeney's doing a medley of The Ballad, The Worst Pies in London and My Friends.

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#5re: What songs are being done at the tonys
Posted: 6/4/06 at 9:22pm

Aww. My friend and I were discussing today how awesome it would be to have Johanna in the Sweeney medley. Oh well.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

jasobres
#6re: What songs are being done at the tonys
Posted: 6/4/06 at 10:48pm

I was expecting Sweeney to do "A Little Priest" since that is the only song sung by MIchael and Patti other than the last Ballad that has an ending in it. Doesn't that make more sense?

"Ev'ry-buddy wants ta get into de act!" - Jimmy Durante "Breathe from your hoo-hoo." -Kristin Chenoweth

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#7re: What songs are being done at the tonys
Posted: 6/4/06 at 10:50pm

But 'A Little Priest' gives away a big chunk of the story. I think a medley will work just fine.

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#8re: What songs are being done at the tonys
Posted: 6/4/06 at 11:04pm

When, oh when, will they make the announcement already?! One week till showtime!

COOOOLkid
#9re: What songs are being done at the tonys
Posted: 6/4/06 at 11:06pm

Don't everyone who know about Sweeney Todd and know the basic story (but hasn't seen the show) know about meatpies?

I don't want them doing A Little Priest since they did it at Drama Desk.

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#10re: What songs are being done at the tonys
Posted: 6/4/06 at 11:07pm

Elaborating on what Mandi said... Michael Cerveris announced on his interview with Seth Rudetsky on Sirius radio that it goes Opening Ballad, Worst Pies in London, My Friends, Closing Ballad. I'm really happy with that!

MOXIEINTHECITY
#11re: What songs are being done at the tonys
Posted: 6/5/06 at 12:07am

Does XM replay those interviews? Does Audible.com carry them? I'd love to hear the interview with Cerveris.
Ever Hook Up With an Actor/Actress?

Videos