DRS Tour Cast Announced

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#0DRS Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 6/21/06 at 5:14pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=10506

Norbert won't be coming when I see the show in December, but I am pretty pleased with the rest of the cast, particularly Laura Marie Duncan...

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 6/21/06 at 05:14 PM

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#1re: DRS Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 6/21/06 at 5:17pm

He will be there for the L.A. run.

Tickets go on sale in a couple of weeks!

FeelingElectric
#2re: DRS Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 6/21/06 at 5:24pm

I am very happy to see Laura Marie Duncan get her shot, but very unhappy that Norbert will only be going out until October. I was really hoping to see him in Baltimore in November.

Drench yourself in words unspoken. Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten. "Unwritten" Natasha Bedingfield

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#3re: DRS Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 6/21/06 at 5:34pm

hmmm, Norbert was SO good in this......I may consider seeing it again in LA. Youwant, at the Pantages?

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#4re: DRS Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 6/21/06 at 5:57pm

Very good casting...though I saw Norbert last night and realllly think he needs a short break for his voice. The guy can't even talk after a show. I am glad at least he will only be doing a short 2 month run.

ACTlete676 Profile Photo
ACTlete676
#5re: DRS Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 6/21/06 at 5:59pm

YAY! LAURA!! cant wait for boston!!! Laura is amazing as christine, saw her on her first day ever last feb and she blew me away.

Who says blondes have more fun on the French Riviera?

Marguerite Chauvelin
#6re: DRS Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 6/21/06 at 6:01pm

I wonder who will be Andre and Muriel...

If Percy Blakeney were in Les Mis....

Percy: Sink me! If it isn't Javvurt!
Javert: Zsah-vair, it's pronounced Zsah-vair.
Pecry: But it's spelled J-A-V-E-R-T Javvurt.
Javert: Repeat after me Zsah...Zsah....
Percy: Oh! Zsa-Zsa! Like the Gabor sister! Well I personally have always prefered Eva.
Javert: (Looks for gun)

SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#7re: DRS Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 6/21/06 at 6:01pm

Laura Marie Duncan is doing the tour!

Is it okay to say it now? >.>

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#8re: DRS Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 6/21/06 at 6:05pm

"I wonder who will be Andre and Muriel...

Did you read the article? Drew McVety and Hollis Resnik ae playing those roles.

Marguerite Chauvelin
#9re: DRS Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 6/21/06 at 6:08pm

I'm really bad at skimming articles...

If Percy Blakeney were in Les Mis....

Percy: Sink me! If it isn't Javvurt!
Javert: Zsah-vair, it's pronounced Zsah-vair.
Pecry: But it's spelled J-A-V-E-R-T Javvurt.
Javert: Repeat after me Zsah...Zsah....
Percy: Oh! Zsa-Zsa! Like the Gabor sister! Well I personally have always prefered Eva.
Javert: (Looks for gun)

gavrochegirl
#10re: DRS Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 6/21/06 at 6:08pm

Yay! I don't know if I'm going to see DRS, though. It's a matter of other shows coming to town. You see, I get one more show for this year and that's it. But seeing it here would give me an opportunity to meet Norbert! We'll see...

What the puck?!

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#11re: DRS Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 6/21/06 at 6:13pm

This cast looks pretty good re: DRS Tour Cast Announced Those of you who can catch it, should re: DRS Tour Cast Announced It's well worth it.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

xxnewgirlxx Profile Photo
xxnewgirlxx
#12re: DRS Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 6/21/06 at 6:14pm

So, cast has been announced...have dates?

Is Chicago a Butz kinda town?

ACTlete676 Profile Photo
ACTlete676
#13re: DRS Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 6/21/06 at 6:27pm

I know like nobody knew laura was doing it...

hahaha

Who says blondes have more fun on the French Riviera?

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#14re: DRS Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 6/21/06 at 6:56pm

I'm so happy that tom hewitt might finally shake his "rough patch" and have a successful show

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

MissElphie Profile Photo
MissElphie
#15re: DRS Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 6/21/06 at 9:54pm

I'm so happy Laura is doing the tour! She is fantastic.

thejcm Profile Photo
thejcm
#16re: DRS Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 6/21/06 at 10:05pm

I'm so excited to see Tom Hewitt in something! I'm also sad that Norbert leaves the Tour a month before it hits here. It looks like his last show is in Atlanta which is too far away to drive from here.

"Who says you can't bend over backwards and eat bugs if you want to? I guess the bugs would probably say you can't do that that, but assuming that they are willing and consenting bugs, then there's no problem. Let's wig out eating bugs." -RuPaul

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#17re: DRS Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 6/21/06 at 10:29pm

I loved Hollis Resnik in the Thoroughly Modern Millie tour!! She was amazing! I can't wait to see her in the DRS tour! What else has Laura Marie Duncan been in?

gertiecummings Profile Photo
gertiecummings
#18re: DRS Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 6/21/06 at 10:40pm

I live in Seattle, so I'm definitely going to see Norbert!!!!!

Born2shine87
#19re: DRS Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 6/21/06 at 10:42pm

Laura was in The Full Monty on Broadway and several other Off Broadway productions and readings. She's amazing! I'm so glad she's getting more recognition.

http://lauramarieduncan.tripod.com/home.html

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#20re: DRS Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 6/21/06 at 10:46pm

I'm a little bummed I won't see Butz in this role again in Boston, but am excited to see Tom Hewitt in it. I already saw him as Officer Lockstock in the Urinetown tour.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

ProducersFan
#21re: DRS Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 6/22/06 at 1:07am

I'm almost relieved Norbert won't be coming to Baltimore, since I'm here in Orlando working at Disney World and wouldn't be able to come home to see the show. I would have cried if Norbert had been in my city and I thousands of miles away. I'm just upset that DRS isn't coming to Orlando. The best show we're getting anytime soon is Piazza...

"If you start from a place of joy and charm, you can get away with a lot in the second act. It may be that that's my life. I'm not sure." ~Roger Bart

ProducersFan
#22re: DRS Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 6/22/06 at 1:07am

double post, lo siento...

"If you start from a place of joy and charm, you can get away with a lot in the second act. It may be that that's my life. I'm not sure." ~Roger Bart
Updated On: 6/22/06 at 01:07 AM

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#23re: DRS Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 6/22/06 at 1:12am

oh, Chicago is a Butz kinda town :)

so...uhh..is he doing it in Chicago??? he better be...

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

Parks
#24re: DRS Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 6/22/06 at 1:14am

yay for Dallas. I bought my 3rd row seats a couple weeks ago when this was unoficially announced re: DRS Tour Cast Announced

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

Videos