RENT lotto- how crowded?

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#0RENT lotto- how crowded?
Posted: 6/26/06 at 10:47am

I'm planning on going to Broadway Under the Stars tonight, but it looks like it might get rained out. My friend who's going with me has never seen RENT, and is dying to, so I was thinking of that as a backup plan. How crowded is the lotto usually on a Monday night?

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1re: RENT lotto- how crowded?
Posted: 6/26/06 at 10:55am

Not an answer, but a related question. I don't remember the specifics of this, but does anyone remember the discount they used to have, where if you went to the box office on a Sunday and bought tickets for the coming week, you could get 50% off, or something? What was that, and are they still doing it? My mom wants me to get her tickets, and I'd better hurry before she changes her mind. I really want her to see it.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Bohemian1232 Profile Photo
Bohemian1232
#2re: RENT lotto- how crowded?
Posted: 6/26/06 at 11:09am

Emcee - I did that in January, so I'd assume that they're still doing it. On Sundays, you can buy 50% off tickets for the next week.

"Nothing's lost forever. In this world, there is a kind of painful progress. Longing for what we've left behind, and dreaming ahead."

C is for Company
#3re: RENT lotto- how crowded?
Posted: 6/26/06 at 1:45pm

I have the same plans lol. I heard though that it isn't supposed to rain and will go on tonight

WickedRentEder Profile Photo
WickedRentEder
#4re: RENT lotto- how crowded?
Posted: 6/26/06 at 2:16pm

Oh I didn't know THAT!! I'm getting my behind there on Sunday then! :)

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#5re: RENT lotto- how crowded?
Posted: 6/26/06 at 2:18pm

Haha we'll all meet up if the concert is cancelled and see one of the four choices:

Phantom
Chicago
Rent
Forbidden Broadway

any other ideas emcee?

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

SDav10495 Profile Photo
SDav10495
#6re: RENT lotto- how crowded?
Posted: 7/1/06 at 9:26am

Bump...I've been wondering about the Rent lotto recently and thought I'd ask again here rather than start a new thread. In general, how many people show up these days (taking summer tourists into account)? Are my chances good for a Saturday matinee? A Wednesday matinee? I was thinking of either a Saturday or a Wednesday sometime during July, and I'm wondering whether the summer crowds are having much of an effect on the lotto.

ILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
#7re: RENT lotto- how crowded?
Posted: 7/1/06 at 10:53am

If you go this week you'll have a pretty good chance of winning. The city during July 4th weekend is pretty much deserted. Unless you get a group of Rentheads, you should be fine, especially for matinees.

SDav10495 Profile Photo
SDav10495
#8re: RENT lotto- how crowded?
Posted: 7/1/06 at 11:55am

Thanks very much for the info on 4th of July weekend--I'm surprised, I thought it might be harder to win on a holiday weekend. Would it pretty much be the same deal for other Saturday matinees in July? I was almost able to go this weekend until something came up, and now I'll only be able to try on the next few Saturdays after 4th of July.

SDav10495 Profile Photo
SDav10495
#9re: RENT lotto- how crowded?
Posted: 7/2/06 at 11:25am

Bump...other Saturday matinees in July?

SDav10495 Profile Photo
SDav10495
#10re: RENT lotto- how crowded?
Posted: 7/5/06 at 10:48pm

Bump again...hate to sound like a pain, but I'm planning the next few weekends and I'm still curious about what a normal Saturday matinee lotto in July would be like.

renthead333 Profile Photo
renthead333
#11re: RENT lotto- how crowded?
Posted: 7/5/06 at 11:56pm

Is the rent lotto like the Wicked lotto and whats it like on tour?

LifeoftheParty227 Profile Photo
LifeoftheParty227
#12re: RENT lotto- how crowded?
Posted: 7/6/06 at 12:06am

I've tried Rent lotto twice in the last two weeks and lost. There are about 70plus people there on average. It's pretty difficult

erinrebecca
#13re: RENT lotto- how crowded?
Posted: 7/6/06 at 8:41am

sdav, you're having trouble getting replies because basically no one can predict this. Generally speaking, there are anywhere from 50 to 100 people at lotto for any given show. On some summer days, it's higher than this, on some it's lower. No one knows how many on any particular day.

renthead333, the tour does rush with a line not lotto, except for a few select cities and even then it's a combination of line and lotto.

SDav10495 Profile Photo
SDav10495
#14re: RENT lotto- how crowded?
Posted: 7/6/06 at 8:28pm

Ah, well thanks for the answers...this does help me.

I was able to briefly walk by the Nederlander this afternoon about 5 minutes before the evening lotto names were drawn, and the crowd looked to be about 40 or so (I'm sure, based on these answers, that some more showed up in the next few minutes). So I'm sure it's not a breeze, but I might as well try it out over the next few weeks...if for no other reason, then because the Rent lotto better chances and prices than any other current lotto I know of. Thanks again!