#0Jack Black to play King Herod in JCS benefit
Posted: 8/2/06 at 7:40pm

According to the IMDB. Scroll down to the bottom of the page on the link:

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-08-02/

AvenueQPat
#1re: Jack Black to play King Herod in JCS benefit
Posted: 8/2/06 at 7:47pm

All Right Then.

Stranger things have happened with JCS - and I dont see why we don't use an OLD OLD OLD set of leads, and a Movie Actor....yes...yes....yes.

Dear Lord - Please kill me on this day, and bring me back the next. Thanks!!

You learn to play the straight man, the lines become routine - never really saying what you mean - but i know the scene will change :)

gavrochegirl
#2re: Jack Black to play King Herod in JCS benefit
Posted: 8/2/06 at 7:54pm

I would be there if I could...I love Jack Black!

What the puck?!

Mattbrain
#3re: Jack Black to play King Herod in JCS benefit
Posted: 8/2/06 at 8:02pm

He's gonna be awesome not to mention hilarious. Jack Black rules.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Fiction Writer Profile Photo
Fiction Writer
#4re: Jack Black to play King Herod in JCS benefit
Posted: 8/2/06 at 8:03pm

Sometimes I like Jack Black, other times I don't.

Right now I don't.

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#5re: Jack Black to play King Herod in JCS benefit
Posted: 8/2/06 at 8:18pm

I REALLY wish he would realize how perfect he would be as Freddy in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and get in that show already!

Akiva

NathanLaneStalker
#6re: Jack Black to play King Herod in JCS benefit
Posted: 8/2/06 at 10:06pm

OMG! I agree! He'd be too perfect in DRS!

He is a great choice to play King Herod too!

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#7re: Jack Black to play King Herod in JCS benefit
Posted: 8/2/06 at 10:14pm

Maybe this will be his gateway for DRS!!!

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

RightAmerica
#8re: Jack Black to play King Herod in JCS benefit
Posted: 8/2/06 at 10:18pm

A blasphemous show. I at the very least hope the cast it traditonally.

Revive the shows of GEORGE M. COHAN!!!

theonlyone Profile Photo
theonlyone
#9re: Jack Black to play King Herod in JCS benefit
Posted: 8/2/06 at 10:20pm

Yeah, when I saw that ad in the LA Times, I wasn't sure if it was just a random Jack Black or JACK BLACK. At least the guy can sing.

#10re: Jack Black to play King Herod in JCS benefit
Posted: 8/3/06 at 12:47am

Quit your complaining people. It's one number, and I think it's a great casting choice.

Tokyogirl119
#11re: Jack Black to play King Herod in JCS benefit
Posted: 8/3/06 at 1:18am

I think it's a good idea. King Herod is supposed to be a comedic role, and Jack Black is great at that. He was in a band, and JCS is a rock opera.

I honestly don't see the problem.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#12re: Jack Black to play King Herod in JCS benefit
Posted: 8/3/06 at 5:13am

The 1996 London studio cast recording has Alice Cooper as Herod, and he's great. I reckon Jack Black'll do fine. re: Jack Black to play King Herod in JCS benefit

Fiction Writer Profile Photo
Fiction Writer
#13re: Jack Black to play King Herod in JCS benefit
Posted: 8/3/06 at 6:05am

"He was in a band."

That's like saying "My name's Idina and I was in a Broadway musical."

I LOVED LOVED LOVED Tenetious D.

Mattbrain
#14re: Jack Black to play King Herod in JCS benefit
Posted: 8/3/06 at 9:22am

To you guys who say that he'd be great as Freddy, you're killing me. He would be the definitive Freddy. I'm not dissing Norbert Leo Butz but in all fairness, he wasn't there when I saw the show. But his understudy was awesome. But yes, this could be the gateway to Dirty Rotten Scoundrels for Mr. Black.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

blueroses
#15re: Jack Black to play King Herod in JCS benefit
Posted: 8/3/06 at 9:43am

Jack Black has a really good voice. Also, I can somehow see this working.

EdmundOG
#16re: Jack Black to play King Herod in JCS benefit
Posted: 8/3/06 at 9:44am

Well, David Cross would be the definitive Freddy, but I digress.

I've always wanted to see Jack Black in a musical. He can sing, and he's funny as heck. Anywone else think he woulda been great in Urinetown?

Oh, and if you poke around online, you can find a clip of him and Kyle doing "Heaven on Their Minds" at a show. So he's a fan of JCS.

Carl Magnum Profile Photo
Carl Magnum
#17re: Jack Black to play King Herod in JCS benefit
Posted: 8/3/06 at 10:08am

I'm actually pretty psyched about this and wish I could go see it. I saw The D (The Greatest Band In The World) cover Heaven On Their Minds a few years ago live and it OWNED. In a concert setting I think Black would be a perfect Judas, but in a concert setting only. I would love to see him play Herod in a full production. There was a clip from Mr. Show on youtube, and I can't find it now, of a full JCS parody. Seek that out if you have any doubts.

As far as Freddy? Eh I don't know. He would have to be sat on or it could get out of hand, even though he could handle the comedy perfectly. Maybe if they make DRS, the musical, into a film. Then he could do Freddy.

I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them

Videos