How Much Longer for DRS?

Salad_Fingers85 Profile Photo
Salad_Fingers85
#0How Much Longer for DRS?
Posted: 8/10/06 at 3:34am

I was just wondering how much longer people think Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is going to last? After seeing its attendance drop for the past few weeks, I am guessing not for much longer. I wanted to see it in December, does anyone think it will still be open then. God, I hope so! Also, along the same lines, how much longer does TWS have?

SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#1re: How Much Longer for DRS?
Posted: 8/10/06 at 3:47am

As much as I love the show, I'd say to the end of the year. If it gets lucky.

bwaylvsong
#3re: How Much Longer for DRS?
Posted: 8/10/06 at 9:29am

Well, the show has excellent word of mouth. Almost everyone who sees it loves it and tells their friends. I give it til January or February

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#4re: How Much Longer for DRS?
Posted: 8/10/06 at 9:34am

I think it will last until the end of the year.

December 31st is a Sunday, so the 3pm show that day could be its last.
Updated On: 8/10/06 at 09:34 AM

Mattbrain
#5re: How Much Longer for DRS?
Posted: 8/10/06 at 10:17am

Yeah, it's had a pretty good run.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

MusicAndPassion Profile Photo
MusicAndPassion
#6re: How Much Longer for DRS?
Posted: 8/10/06 at 10:29am

I'm giving it until the first week in January, after the big rush from the holiday season.

broadwayxminixidina Profile Photo
broadwayxminixidina
#7re: How Much Longer for DRS?
Posted: 8/10/06 at 10:34am

It's coming on tour for a while, and then after that I assume that it will be over a little hwile after Sweeney Todd closes.

"Broadway is a very special place, filled with very special people, people who can sing and dance, often at the same time! They are a different people, a multi-talented people, a people...who need people...and who are, in many ways, the luckiest people in...the world." --Spamalot
<^>BROADWAY is LOVE<^>
<^>RENT is LOVE<^>
<^>WICKED is LOVE<^>
<< Me and Norbie. I look icky becuase I was FREAAAAKKKIIINNNGG out.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#8re: How Much Longer for DRS?
Posted: 8/10/06 at 10:43am

Dec 31st.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#9re: How Much Longer for DRS?
Posted: 8/10/06 at 10:54am

I am sooooo tired of threads like these: predicting/wantnig to know when a show is going to close.

YES the show has had a couple of bad weeks.

YES the cast has changed. THE PRODUCERS survived these same things. Many other shows have, too.

I adore this show with all my heart. I wish it well. Even though they are are on "hard times," I see it going for another year at least- maybe longer- if only from word of mouth.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS
Updated On: 8/10/06 at 10:54 AM

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#10re: How Much Longer for DRS?
Posted: 8/10/06 at 10:56am

Will it likely recoup by then, (or has it already?)

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#11re: How Much Longer for DRS?
Posted: 8/10/06 at 10:59am

"I am sooooo tired of threads like these: predicting/wantnig to know when a show is going to close.

YES the show has had a couple of bad weeks.

YES the cast has changed. THE PRODUCERS survived these same things. Many other shows have, too."

Yes, I agree. Especially when this has already been discussed before for DRS.

And for all we know it may suddenly close next week.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#12re: How Much Longer for DRS?
Posted: 8/10/06 at 10:59am

It has not recouped yet...

bwayondabrain
#13re: How Much Longer for DRS?
Posted: 8/10/06 at 11:49am

well, as others are saying, I give it about until December 31st, or the first week in January

I'd be sad if DRS closes, I just really dont want WEDDING SINGER to close...

but as EponineAmneris said, THE PRODUCERS has been able to survive many of these bad weeks, so DRS should too

GodIHopeIGetIt Profile Photo
GodIHopeIGetIt
#14re: How Much Longer for DRS?
Posted: 8/10/06 at 11:56am

DRS wasn't exactly a The Producers-like smash. I can't see it making it for long
Updated On: 8/10/06 at 11:56 AM

bwayondabrain
#15re: How Much Longer for DRS?
Posted: 8/10/06 at 11:58am

good point
:)

mijofly19
#16re: How Much Longer for DRS?
Posted: 8/10/06 at 12:04pm

I can't imagine it lasting through the winter. DRS isn't able to say that it won every single Tony Award that it was nominated for. The Producers is. DRS won one Tony last year, and Norbert isn't even in the show anymore. The Producers is also know as the Mel Brooks comedy that won Best Musical in 2001. Spamalot was the big hit from last year that tourists are coming to see.

I don't see The Wedding Singer lasting through the winter either. These are two of my favorite shows on Broadway right now, but I don't see either of them being around at this time next year.

bwayondabrain
#17re: How Much Longer for DRS?
Posted: 8/10/06 at 12:06pm

its really a shame...everyone is too busy seeing WICKED and SPAMALOT and HAIRSPRAY...golly
:P

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#18re: How Much Longer for DRS?
Posted: 8/10/06 at 12:09pm

I saw it with the original cast (except Sherie was out) and loved it, but I wondered how it will hold up without them.
It's tour is coming to my fair city in a few moths and I am going just to see it again with unknowns.

As for you question, I don't see it lasting too much longer. And it did have a nice run.

DayDreamer Profile Photo
DayDreamer
#19re: How Much Longer for DRS?
Posted: 8/10/06 at 12:14pm

I don't get it... I saw the show in December - John Lithgow was out - and it was excellent. I saw the tour on Sunday, and it is still excellent, you don't stop laughing. And it hasn't recouped yet? It puzzles the mind...

Celebrate Life

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. - Randy Pausch

Salad_Fingers85 Profile Photo
Salad_Fingers85
#20re: How Much Longer for DRS?
Posted: 8/10/06 at 12:25pm

Is the show still good now even though there was another cast change? Like how are the new leads?

GodIHopeIGetIt
#21re: How Much Longer for DRS?
Posted: 8/10/06 at 12:29pm

I don't think the new Freddy (Brian D'Arcy James) is as good as Norbert, but in my opinion, that's quite hard. I like Keith Carradine, and he lines up to Lithgow in my book. Sherie Rene Scott is marvelous, but she's an OBC member

broadwayxminixidina Profile Photo
broadwayxminixidina
#22re: How Much Longer for DRS?
Posted: 8/10/06 at 12:30pm

I don't think that the new leads could replace the OBC. Nothing can replace John and Norbert and their relationships on the stage. they really were a perfect match. As for hte new cast, I have heard that they are okay, but the remaining OBC members mixed in withthe new people make the show a bit awkward. But still, if you are thinknig of seeing the show, you should, no matter what the cast is like. the songs are fantastic and you wil lbe laughing along through the whole show.

"Broadway is a very special place, filled with very special people, people who can sing and dance, often at the same time! They are a different people, a multi-talented people, a people...who need people...and who are, in many ways, the luckiest people in...the world." --Spamalot
<^>BROADWAY is LOVE<^>
<^>RENT is LOVE<^>
<^>WICKED is LOVE<^>
<< Me and Norbie. I look icky becuase I was FREAAAAKKKIIINNNGG out.

Dollypop
#23re: How Much Longer for DRS?
Posted: 8/10/06 at 12:30pm

If they bring in a REAL star (like Alec Baldwin) the show will run another 6 months.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

GodIHopeIGetIt
#24re: How Much Longer for DRS?
Posted: 8/10/06 at 12:32pm

Exactly Dolly. What do you guys think of Paris Hilton as Christine?

bwayondabrain
#25re: How Much Longer for DRS?
Posted: 8/10/06 at 12:34pm

i say go for it!
Paris is soo hot, and hey...she can sing! always a plus...haha

:)

i love her so much...