pixeltracker

You Know You're A Color Purple Fan When...

You Know You're A Color Purple Fan When...

Mattbrain
#0You Know You're A Color Purple Fan When...
Posted: 8/17/06 at 8:27am

Every time you say, "hell, no", you sing it.

You refer to Shug Avery by snapping your fingers and singing, "Shug Avery"

You refer to Mister as "That fiiiiiiiiiiiine Mister."

You're in a clothes store and you start singing, "Who that say. Who that say. Who that."

If you're a kid and you've just been spanked, you go up to one of your parents and say, "You told Harpo to beat me?"

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."
Updated On: 8/17/06 at 08:27 AM

CurtisTaylorJr2 Profile Photo
CurtisTaylorJr2
#1re: You Know You're A Color Purple Fan When...
Posted: 8/17/06 at 11:03am

I'll admit, every time I hear someone say "Hell No", I think of the song.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#2re: You Know You're A Color Purple Fan When...
Posted: 8/17/06 at 11:13am

So do I. re: You Know You're A Color Purple Fan When...

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#3re: You Know You're A Color Purple Fan When...
Posted: 8/17/06 at 12:27pm

Yeah, Hell No is the only one on that list that I can agree with.

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

Mattbrain
#4re: You Know You're A Color Purple Fan When...
Posted: 8/17/06 at 1:47pm

Give me a break. I'm making this up as I go along. Just for the record, the Shug Avery and fine mister thing is what I do these days.

Anyone else got any ideas?

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

imafantu Profile Photo
imafantu
#5re: You Know You're A Color Purple Fan When...
Posted: 8/17/06 at 4:02pm

you know you're a color purple fan when:

You see someone walking their dog and as you approach it you sing "get ready for the big dog!"

You walk in on your friends gabbin about how slow you are, and how you will be late to your own funeral and you wait til you hear them say your name so you can interrupt with "this who they talkin bout....and every word they say is true too!"

you find reasons to throw in lines like "you so pretty!....Men ain't pretty!..... You is!" or "I come to hear ms shug sing, a woman need to have some fun! aint that right ms. celie?" into a conversation

You go to church and when you look in the bulletin and see that service is abbreviated for whatever reason you sing "the good lord works in mysterious ways"....

AND MY MOST RECENT USE OF MATERIAL FROM COLOR PURPLE:

One of the men in our church was actin particularly grumpy and bossy on sunday....and one of the teenagers (to her friends) said "he always tryin to order people around...he think he is God, Jr."

and in a totally inappropriate response- I ran up to her and said "Naw Celie! God not some Gloomy old Man, like the pictures you seen of him!" and proceded to sing part of the song!
About 5 people knew what I was doing, and they joined in like the chorus and then we fell out laughin....needless to say- the teenager thought we lost our minds! But now she quotes it when talkin about this male congregant!!!!! That was priceless

Your Potential is greater than your problems, and your problems will bring out your potential- Vashti Murphy McKenzie. Honey...don't be ashamed, be comfortable with who you are. Stay true to yourself.- Elisabeth Withers-Mendes

thevolleyballer
#6re: You Know You're A Color Purple Fan When...
Posted: 8/17/06 at 6:13pm

...when YOU become a strong-willed but timid and oppressed lesbian!

SarahBeth Profile Photo
SarahBeth
#7re: You Know You're A Color Purple Fan When...
Posted: 8/17/06 at 6:15pm

I'm not a fan of The Color Purple but I can admit to the Hell No one.

"I'll show you a laughgasm. I'll gasm all over this stage!"
"Interesting choice"

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#8re: You Know You're A Color Purple Fan When...
Posted: 8/17/06 at 6:25pm

If you're a kid and you've just been spanked, you go up to one of your parents and say, "You told Harpo to beat me?"

The sheer goofiness and absurdity of this one made me laugh out loud as I pictured it in my head. re: You Know You're A Color Purple Fan When...

Nice work!

bwayondabrain
#9re: You Know You're A Color Purple Fan When...
Posted: 8/17/06 at 6:28pm

i agree with the "hell no" one, and embarassingly, the snapping your fingers doing the "SHUG AAAAAAAAVERY!!!" thing
:P

Mattbrain
#10re: You Know You're A Color Purple Fan When...
Posted: 8/18/06 at 9:07am

When you wake up on Sunday morning, you start singing:

It's Sunday mornin'
So make a joyful noise

You're in a Chinese restaurant and you say:

Mm, these wontons is so good, I could go all the way to China for one of them.

You think you heard the ladies at your church say things like:

I heard about po' chile Celie

or

Who hootchie cootchin' with who

Mattbrain
#11re: You Know You're A Color Purple Fan When...
Posted: 8/28/06 at 10:55am

Anyone got any other ideas?

Mattbrain
#12re: You Know You're A Color Purple Fan When...
Posted: 10/12/06 at 6:07pm

Yes, we're back.

I have one. You hear someone say, "I want you to..." and cut them off with:

...Be
A story for me
That I can believe in
Forever
And what about
What about
What about love

#13re: You Know You're A Color Purple Fan When...
Posted: 10/12/06 at 8:27pm

I'm sorry, but, The Color Purple?!

bwayondabrain
#14re: You Know You're A Color Purple Fan When...
Posted: 10/12/06 at 8:31pm

thevolleyballer, that cracked me up :P

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#15re: You Know You're A Color Purple Fan When...
Posted: 10/12/06 at 8:39pm

When you have seen the show enough times you have actually seen the cast with no understudies.

Videos