pixeltracker

re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences- Page 3

re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#50re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences
Posted: 11/13/06 at 5:28pm

AudreyTwoTwo- It's funny your cousin said that about Eden. I've met her on more than one occasion and she's always been a sweetie.

I've never really had a negative stage door experience. I guess the most negative one was when I was afraid of Terrence Mann (That probably doesn't sound right. I don't mean it in a bad way, because i really liked him. I was just afraid to talk to him.)

Some of my favorites: Tina Maddigan, Will Chase, Cary Shields, Kelly Karbacz, Kevin Cahoon, Greg Jbara, Cleavant Derricks, Mandy Gonzalez, Julia Murney, Megan Hilty, Danny Gurwin, Sutton Foster, and Ben Vereen (!).

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#51re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences
Posted: 11/13/06 at 5:29pm

Oh my gosh. Wilfrid Hyde-White hit on you? re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences

#52re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences
Posted: 11/13/06 at 5:31pm

BEST: ALL SHOOK UP
--Every member of the ASU cast was sweet as can be. Both times I went, they were so sweet. Once, Sharon didnt come out due to it being a two show in a row day, however, everyone else was sweet as can be. Jenn, Cheyenne, Alix, Nikki, Curtis, all so nice and so wonderful.

Also wonderful is Josh Strickland and the cast of TARZAN expect for Schuler, he never comes out. He's the Michelle Ferder of TARZAN. HAIRSPRAY's cast members so sweet, as are most of WICKED's. Everytime I went the people were so sweet: Megan and Jennifer were adorable. Joey and David were awesome. One time, Shoshana was amazingly sweet, the other very nice, but reserved.

The cast of THE WEDDING SINGER is also amazing. Tina and Stephen are fantastic, as are Felicia, Kevin, and all the ensemble. Rita gets away quite a bit, but seems nice.

WORST:

Michelle Ferder: A major pain, Ran from the stage door avoiding everyone. Little girls screamed "Nessarose. We love you" and she turned, slightly glared and ran off.

Ramona from BKLYN was very testy, and not very friendly. She signed and took pictures, but was very uneasy.

Yankeefan007
#53re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences
Posted: 11/13/06 at 5:32pm

I run into Schuler all the time....he's as nice as can be.

ashley0139
#54re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences
Posted: 11/13/06 at 5:36pm

I have never had a bad stage door experience. Every actor I have encountered has been nothing less than gracious. And I am always grateful for any time an actor is willing to take out of their time to talk to fans.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

virgil blessing2 Profile Photo
virgil blessing2
#55re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences
Posted: 11/13/06 at 5:37pm

That's amusing, as Federer really doesn't DO that much in WICKED. She warbles and pouts a bit, then dies. Her onstage time must be a total of what, about 20 minutes? LOL.

"I am not 'a' Eunice Burns. I am THE Eunice Burns!!!"

dancingthrulife04
#56re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences
Posted: 11/13/06 at 5:42pm

I forgot to add the entire cast of Tarzan. They were as sweet as can be, especially Jenn, Josh, and Chester. My little brother told Chester that he was the "most favorite one." I told Merle Dandridge that she was in both my first Broadway show (Rent), and my brother's (that day), which she got a kick out of. They were all really sweet to him (and to me), which just added on to what was an already perfect day.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

MistressoftheHouse
#57re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences
Posted: 11/13/06 at 5:46pm

Clumsy, I agree. Kevin Cahoon was the absolute SWEETEST after The Wedding Singer. He kept thanking us fans, even though he was the one willing to sign every autograph and take every photo. That was one of the best stage door experiences I've had.

Tina was also very nice and obliging. She told us we had to come back and see them all again. re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences

Avatar credit goes to _shiksagoddess_ on livejournal.com.

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#58re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences
Posted: 11/13/06 at 5:50pm

Shuler Hensley was always so nice at Trailer Park and even remembered me when I saw him at Tarzan, so I find it hard to believe anything to the contrary. I haven't really had too many bad experiences but I will also agree about the actors not having to do anything after they take their bows. What's with Michelle Federer? She's got a tiny role.

dancingthrulife04
#59re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences
Posted: 11/13/06 at 5:52pm

Shuler Hensley was real sweet, as well.

Must also add Jason Gillman (Freddy u/s in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels).

aspiringactress Profile Photo
aspiringactress
#60re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences
Posted: 11/13/06 at 5:53pm

The entire Sweeney cast was so willing to talk about the show with anyone who had any questions, or just brought up a specific point.

And about going up to actors at dinner, sometimes the other actors also only know OF the person they approach, but because they share a profession, they think it's okay. And sometimes it's really weird.

"We don't value the lily less for not being made of flint and built to last. Life's bounty is in it's flow, later is too late. Where is the song when it's been sung, the dance when it's been danced? It's only we humans who want to own the future too." - Tom Stoppard, Shipwreck

Yankeefan007
#61re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences
Posted: 11/13/06 at 5:56pm

I've never had a problem with Michelle Federer. She didn't say much, but she was always friendly. She was very happy that people recognized her at Three Days of Rain.

DevDev
#62re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences
Posted: 11/13/06 at 6:05pm

The worst stage door experience? I'd have to go with Amanda Peet as others have said, but I was in no way offended. But I've been pretty lucky because the only time I've really had a bad time is when the crowd is being a pain with pushing and such.

Can I just say that the Jersey Boys stage door is absolutely one of my favorites? Generally the fans are well behaved and very nice to chat with. Actually, one time John Stamos attended the show and exited through the stage door. The fans at the stage door just smiled and some shook his hand or whatever. But once the Hairspray crowd noticed him, people began screaming and surged toward him. He got away before they reached him, but I just thought that was pretty funny. The varying degrees of reaction was amusing.

But really, I'm always so grateful for any actor that is generous at the stage door. Some are more generous than others and will chat for a while no matter how well you know them while some just don't want anything to do with the stage door scene. Are most of my experiences good because I know the stage door is not part of the actor's job? That just may be the case.

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#63re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences
Posted: 11/13/06 at 6:34pm

Oh, Calvin, I love you. Actually, I'd be much more likely to sleep with him than this guy. At least WHW had a British accent.

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#64re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences
Posted: 11/13/06 at 6:59pm

Best:

High Fidelity Cast. They are the nicest people, so funny and sweet. All of them took the time to talk to people (okay, so there were like 3 people in Boston) and made them feel special. They're some of the greatest people.

The Wedding Singer Cast (minus Constantine) is incredible. Felicia is great. When I saw it, Tina was running to go to a wedding, but she still took the time to talk to everyone. And Kevin Kern is my favorite.

Wicked tour cast. Again, it's Boston and no one was there, but these were some of the greatest people I have ever met. Particularly Julia and Sebastian.

Spelling Bee cast, but Broadway and Boston. They're just great.

And Greg Jbara. He is the nicest man.

Worst:
Constantine Maroulis. He's so rude. I complimented him, and he glared at me. And he was only nice to people that complimented him about American Idol.

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#65re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences
Posted: 11/13/06 at 7:23pm

^ That's weird. You would think he'd be ashamed that he was on American Idol. But that's just me.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

scot Profile Photo
scot
#66re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences
Posted: 11/13/06 at 7:24pm

Tom Wopat was the rudest
I've seen to people at a
stage door. Nice people
just being enthusiastic and
excited after seeing him in
the Chicago tour. He was
surprisingly very arrogant
and rude.

SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#67re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences
Posted: 11/13/06 at 7:53pm

My worst stage door experience was when I took my mother to see The Wedding Singer and she tells Constantine, "We came to see you!" when I had no interested in seeing him whatsoever (I wanted to see the show and boy was I glad I did). I have a close friend who was acquainted with Constantine and having seen what he has said and done to his most loyal fans, he is just so disgraceful and beyond egotistical. The jerk acknowledged my mother like "I know I'm good" and walked away. I still loved the Wedding Singer despite him.

BTW Is it just me or does the whole stage dooring thing get kind of tiring after a while? I used to like doing it but now it doesn't really excite me at all.

bwayondabrain
#68re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences
Posted: 11/13/06 at 8:07pm

um, well, basically, the cast of SWEENEY TODD would have to be THE nicest cast i have ever met. EVER. they were awesome.

um, least favorites- MAMMA-MIA! maybe a few years ago. they all walked past all the fans to go smoke. or TARZAN, just because i embarassed myself trying to meet Kearran Giovanni. so i think she doesn't like me anymore. long story, and i dont want to tell it.

yeah.

NathanLaneStalker
#69re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences
Posted: 11/13/06 at 9:03pm

Shuler is extremly nice! I see him before the show all the time and he's sssoo nice! He remembers me everytime!

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

actor
#70re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences
Posted: 11/13/06 at 9:29pm

I've only gone to the stage door a couple of times considering I have no interest in being surrounded by rabid fans (especially at shows like Wicked). However, I had heard mixed things about Shoshana at the stage door and was curious about what the truth really was. Therefore, I went to the stage door of Wicked in New York when Shoshana and Megan were the leads. Megan was nice and took pictures with a lot of people. Shoshana put her head down and sort of rushed forward. When people would say "SHOSHANA!!!! I LOVE YOU!!! Could you take a picture with me??" She would sort of look at them oddly and then continue with rushing forward. She did however take 2 pictures with fans. (1) With a group of girls and (2) with a very large group of students.

I'm not sure if Shoshana was distracted by something, or simply wanted to leave as quickly as possible. However, the actors do not have to be friendly to every single fan and do not have to take pictures and sign autographs. There is no need to make judgments about someone simply because they wouldn't take a picture with you or wouldn't sign your playbill. Please - these actors/actresses are people just like you. Picture yourself with a hundred people crowding around you shoving playbills and pens at you, and taking pictures. Would you want to sign every little thing and take every single picture? If actors really did this, they'd be at the stage door for hours.

Yankeefan007
#71re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences
Posted: 11/13/06 at 9:31pm

Shoshana was another one I've had nary a problem with. Such a nice girl.

bwayondabrain
#72re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences
Posted: 11/13/06 at 9:33pm

Shoshana was actually one of the nicest people I've met

I have a cute video of her and Ben Vereen I'll need to upload sometime :) it is so funny

uwho
#73re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences
Posted: 11/13/06 at 9:38pm

When we saw Tom Wopat in Pittsburgh this past summer in CLO's 42nd Street, he was incredibly nice and couldn't have been friendlier. He even gave us his CD which isn't bad either.

scot Profile Photo
scot
#74re: The Good/The Bad...Worst stagedoor experiences
Posted: 11/13/06 at 10:02pm

It's all relative.
They're all human...
celebrity is so secondary
and we forget it sometimes.

Having done theater myself,
you put so much of yourself
into a character and a stage
presence...the last thing you