Summer Camps?

newyorkrbust
#1Summer Camps?
Posted: 11/14/06 at 5:29pm

I'm looking for a Broadway or theatre summer camp. Sorta cheap and preferably on or near the east coast...also needs to be for high school students...Thanks so much :)

It really said US Navy, but hey, I worked with what they gave me ok.

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#1re: Summer Camps?
Posted: 11/14/06 at 5:40pm

Stagedoor Manor...Not cheap though.

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#3re: Summer Camps?
Posted: 11/14/06 at 5:49pm

North Carolina Theatre offers one with Equity actor guests:

http://www.nctheatre.com

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

stonewall2
#4re: Summer Camps?
Posted: 11/14/06 at 5:58pm

There is one at Shenendoah Conservatory in Virginia with very resonable prices (nowhere NEAR the cost of Stage Door Manor or French Woods).

"I'm mad, you're mad. we're all mad"... The Cheshire Cat

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#5re: Summer Camps?
Posted: 11/14/06 at 6:28pm

Med-O-Lark. It's in Washington, Maine. However, the oldest age is going into 10th grade. This will be my third summer and it's fantastic.

Other suggestions would be French Woods or Stagedoor, but they're quite expensive.

wackjack132 Profile Photo
wackjack132
#6re: Summer Camps?
Posted: 11/14/06 at 6:35pm

Must do my shameless plug here: Long Lake Camp for the Arts.

www.longlakecamp.com

Pretty much the perfect Summer Camp enviroment mixed with not only theater but circus acts, dance productions, and rock bands. It was awesome. Best 3 weeks of my entire life. Just some of the shows they did this summer were: A Chorus Line, Bat Boy, Urinetown, The Foriegner, Once on this Island,and Rocky Horror Picture Show

Fabrizio2
#7re: Summer Camps?
Posted: 11/14/06 at 6:38pm

Interlochen is fabulous, hoping to go to school there next year, Cap21 I have heard GREAT things about, and Long Lake I also have heard good things about.

Good luck with the search!

Yankeefan007
#8re: Summer Camps?
Posted: 11/14/06 at 6:39pm

www.usdan.com

boxers7 Profile Photo
boxers7
#9re: Summer Camps?
Posted: 11/14/06 at 7:05pm

Broadway Artists Alliance, of course re: Summer Camps?.

"I don't wanna see that!" -Aunt Sassy (as played by Valerie Cherish) on Room & Bored

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#10re: Summer Camps?
Posted: 11/14/06 at 7:07pm

Boxers, can you elaborate on BAA? If you major in voice, how dance heavy is it?

boxers7 Profile Photo
boxers7
#11re: Summer Camps?
Posted: 11/14/06 at 7:09pm

Its totally based on what electives you take. I know Voice Majors who took no dance classes and Voice Majors who took all dance classes. The only thing is, the dances you learn is what you're in in the final showcase so if you're in no dance classes, you basically sing your 32 bars and are done.

"I don't wanna see that!" -Aunt Sassy (as played by Valerie Cherish) on Room & Bored

Chitty Profile Photo
Chitty
#12re: Summer Camps?
Posted: 11/14/06 at 7:53pm

On of the absolute best is Oklahoma City University. They have a junior high and high school musical theater program. I have a friend who went last year and it was amazing! You do training in the day in music theory, dance, acting, diction, audition prep. At night you do rehearsals for their musical. And it's a real musical, not some made up/slapped together song revue. They did Bridie last year. It's hard to get in.

Check them out!!

BroadwaySassy Profile Photo
BroadwaySassy
#13re: Summer Camps?
Posted: 11/14/06 at 9:02pm

Broadway Artists Alliance is AMAZING! It really shows you what it's like to be a professional

~Sami~

ChildOfEden Profile Photo
ChildOfEden
#14re: Summer Camps?
Posted: 12/8/06 at 2:18pm

DEFINITELY Broadway Artists Alliance :)

www.broadwayartistsalliance.org

Broadwayboy2631 Profile Photo
Broadwayboy2631
#15re: Summer Camps?
Posted: 12/8/06 at 3:10pm

USPAC!!!!

bwayboi4life42 Profile Photo
bwayboi4life42
#16re: Summer Camps?
Posted: 12/8/06 at 4:11pm

Long Lake's a lot of fun.

"I believe that art does not exist only to entertain, but also to challenge one to think, to provoke, even to disturb, to engage in a constant search for the truth." - Barbra Streisand

TickTickAdam
#17re: Summer Camps?
Posted: 12/8/06 at 8:40pm

long lake woot

Lizzya9
#18re: Summer Camps?
Posted: 12/8/06 at 8:45pm

What about one in Florida?? Can someone give me one? Also do have to be really good or can you just go for experience?

Videos