Spring Awakening love

Bobby Maler Profile Photo
Bobby Maler
#950re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/6/07 at 12:15am

SmashingAsian, since you wanted to see understudies and you like Matt Doyle, did you know that Matt will be playing Melchoir both shows July 14th?

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#951re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/6/07 at 12:29am

so I'm sitting in my seat at SA tonight when people in the audience starting clapping which I found wierd. I look behind me a few rows and BONO was there! I pretty much love him. He bolted when the cast was taking their bows. I was so star-struck.

BDavis0092
#952re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/6/07 at 12:44am

It's great to see people like him at Spring Awakening. I remember a recent interview with Raul Esparza where he talks about how much he loves Spring Awakening. He could be seen there soon now that Company is over.

www.youtube.com/BwayNY225

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#953re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/6/07 at 1:05am

Bobby, why will Jonathan be out? If I understand correctly, both he and Gallagher have not missed one performance yet.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#954re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/6/07 at 1:44am

Groff is taking his first personal day on the 14th.

Christina  Cooper Profile Photo
Christina Cooper
#955re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/6/07 at 1:59am

Ok I just saw the show a few days ago and I enjoyed it... The cast is great.. The music is awesome too... I just don't understand how it won 8 Tonys.. I'm not trying to be mean or anything.. I just want to understand why you all love it... I love Wicked and I think the message in that is great.. But I don't get what the message or point in Spring was? To have sex? To break the rules? Can someone let me know?? I really want to know.. Thanks

"It's terrible to have a house fall on you, it is, but accidents will happen"

rubyslippersxo
#956re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/6/07 at 2:03am

Glad you enjoyed the show!

There are several themes, but one of the main ones is honesty and openness between parents and their children -- the consequences that occur when parents don't give their children information about their bodies (Wendla) OR when parents put too much pressure their children (Moritz).
Updated On: 7/6/07 at 02:03 AM

smashingasian
#957re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/6/07 at 12:34pm

Bobby Maler, yes, I indeed heard, from Matt himself! I'm very excited, I hope I'm available that day!

Wanna Be A Foster
#958re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/10/07 at 3:55am

I saw "Old Springs Pike" tonight at Joe's Pub! It was fun. Johnny G. was getting all adorably homoerotic with his fellow cutie bandmate. Aww. The music was very unique. Well done!

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."

Becoz_i_knew_you21
#959re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/14/07 at 2:56pm

Phoebe is going to be on as Wendla 7/17 through 7/20.

chino Profile Photo
chino
#960re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/14/07 at 6:20pm

Just saw it for the first time last Wednesday. Its the best experience I ever had. God, now I cant get over it. I LOVE SPRING AWAKENING!

SNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
#961re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/15/07 at 4:46pm

Here are a handful of stills of John Gallagher, Jr. in Pieces of April. For those of you who haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend it!

re: Spring Awakening Love

"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

bonbon Profile Photo
bonbon
#962re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/16/07 at 2:31pm

I'm going to be in NYC next month to see Anthony and Adam in RENT, and we have time to see one more show, and we've all decided to see Spring Awakening. I'm VERY excited! I have the soundtrack and watched them perform on the Tonys. I know I'm gonna love this, despite any commercialization or annoying fans.

Wanna Be A Foster
#963re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/17/07 at 5:27am

Hey all! I got my ticket for the 7/29 Actors Fund Performance a few days ago. I'm very excited. Is anyone else going?

-Kad

picturetaker9211 Profile Photo
picturetaker9211
#964re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/17/07 at 5:25pm

I love Pieces of April! A good & simple movie re: Spring Awakening Love

A random question: Who sings "cry" in the background during Mama Bore Me Reprise on the OBCR?

"Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, take the moment & making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity."
-Gilda Radner

jg4892
#965re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/17/07 at 5:26pm

Phoebe Strole.

Becoz_i_knew_you21
#966re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/18/07 at 12:20am

Updated On: 7/18/07 at 12:20 AM

Becoz_i_knew_you21
#967re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/22/07 at 11:01pm

Apparently Gideon is leaving sometimes in August. re: Spring Awakening Love It's not 100% confirmed though.

OnMyWay Profile Photo
OnMyWay
#968re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/22/07 at 11:27pm

It is now confirmed on the official SA myspace. He is leaving at the end of August to do a show at the Roundabout.

"People that excel in the arts understand that the journey is the reward...the result an added bonus. Every day I act or train is a blessing and a dream come true. If Broadway beckons so be it. I have a personal definition of success that is unshakable by a possibly unobtainable goal." -HamletWasBipolar

Wanna Be A Foster
#969re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/23/07 at 12:01am

Can I have the link to the SA MySpace page?

-Kad

silversurfer2
#970re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/23/07 at 9:24am

Yes it is confirmed. I am the guy that posted the news on the Spring awakening My Space....I was on-stage Sat night and after the show, I spoke to him, he knows me because of my friendship w/ J. GAllagher, and he confirmed that he is leaving next month do start rehearsals for an off broadway show. He was very excited and I for him. Gideon is a great guy, very warm - HE only deserves the best. He pointed out that I was sitting next to his sister on-stage. He said I was a part of the SA Family, knowing John and seeing the show[20 & counting}from it's conception. He said it is very sad leaving "the family"-but it is also a happy time for him. I told him he will be much missed and very hard to replace in that role. I s/w JBW-He is very happy for Gideon and "Proud" of him. I asked about the Chemistry factor between the two of them, and how hard that is to find again. He realizes that, and Gideon will be hard to replace, but he said at some point, they will all move on to other opporunites. It is very sad to see the beginning of this process.

matjomae Profile Photo
matjomae
#971re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/23/07 at 10:14am

Did anyone witness the girl who fainted at the stage door on Saturday night after meeting John Gallagher, Jr? I have a friend who was there and said it was quite a sight.

"Take all of your so-called problems, better put them in quotations.." - JM

hotpinkpenguin
#972re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/23/07 at 10:50am

do any of you lovely people know if anyone different or anything will be on tomorrow night?

silversurfer2
#973re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/23/07 at 10:53am

Really, I hope she is OK. I was there, talked to John for about 10 mins-he saw some friends, i told him i would be back- Iwent over to talk to Gideon{ that is when he told me he was leaving} Spoke to Lauren & Skylar for awhile, then JBW. It was a while before I got back to John. No mention of it.

gymdudeva
#974re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/23/07 at 11:02am

I think Robi Hager would be a good replacement for Ernst.