Shoshana

j'aime_le_theatre Profile Photo
j'aime_le_theatre
#1Shoshana
Posted: 1/2/07 at 2:23pm

I know after the loss of her boyfriend she has been very low key. I heard she was writing and recording an album, does anyone else know if she is up to much? After her fansite shut down I haven't been keeping up with her career.

ThankstoPhantom
#2re: Shoshana
Posted: 1/2/07 at 2:29pm

Shoshana Bean? She just finished a 4 month stint with the Wicked Tour.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#2re: Shoshana
Posted: 1/2/07 at 2:31pm

Bean plans on staying in Los Angeles for an extended amount of time to work on her album now that she has finished with the Wicked tour.

Don't expect her back in theater for a long time (unless her album fails as it did the last time she tried to do one, in which case she'll be back sooner then later.)

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 1/3/07 at 02:31 PM

somethingwicked
#3re: Shoshana
Posted: 1/2/07 at 2:31pm

Double Post.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Updated On: 1/2/07 at 02:31 PM

jazz
#4re: Shoshana
Posted: 1/2/07 at 2:42pm

Shoshana bean has a myspace and there is her website too. Her myspace and website are pretty much up to date.

http://www.myspace.com/shoshanabean2

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#5re: Shoshana
Posted: 1/2/07 at 2:55pm

I think she says she will not do theater for a while...but if the right part was offered to her, she would.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

husk_charmer
#6re: Shoshana
Posted: 1/2/07 at 3:03pm

Lord I hope she doesn't return....anyone who thinks about not taking a role because it would delay their own personal album isn't worth my time or money.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#8re: Shoshana
Posted: 1/2/07 at 3:49pm

I love your usernamr Husk Charmer

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#9re: Shoshana
Posted: 1/2/07 at 3:51pm

That's harsh.

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#10re: Shoshana
Posted: 1/2/07 at 3:52pm

No, I really do like it, its a reference to Mame, one of my favorite Jerry Herman musicals.

Becoz_i_knew_you21
#11re: Shoshana
Posted: 1/2/07 at 3:59pm

Horton did you think I was referring to you? If you did, I was referring to the posters above your first post.

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#12re: Shoshana
Posted: 1/2/07 at 4:01pm

Sorry, [sulks away to corner.]

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#13re: Shoshana
Posted: 1/2/07 at 5:19pm

She said she was done with theater in January of 2006. Well, look how that changed.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#14re: Shoshana
Posted: 1/2/07 at 5:24pm

I love Shoshana, but I do not see her album doing very well. Who knows though, she seems to have a lot of good connections. It just seems to me that she would rather forget her Broadway past. If she had not done many of the jobs she would not be where she was today. I mean she was on MADE. lol. I just think she could be really big on Bway and should stay here. Look how Idina's album did.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

somethingwicked
#15re: Shoshana
Posted: 1/2/07 at 5:30pm

Bean used theater soley as a stepping stone toward a recording career, which is what she truly wants to do (much like Heather Headley.)

She has no interest in returning to Broadway if she can help it (she has gone as far as to say the only thing that will get her back is the role of Fanny Brice in a revival of "Funny Girl," which we know isn't happening.)

The key part of that phrase, however, is "if she can help it." She left theater behind after "Hairspray" to work on an album, and when that fell through, she was forced to return and ended up in "Wicked."

She worked on another CD when she was standing by for Idina Menzel and had made it public that she would be leaving when her contract ended to further her involvement with it, but when that too failed to go anywhere, she accepted the role of Elphaba as a principle and has been doing that on and off ever since.

If this album doesn't pan out (like the others,) I'm sure she'll come back somewhere someway. Everyone needs to pay the bills.

ShoshanaFan92 Profile Photo
ShoshanaFan92
#16re: Shoshana
Posted: 1/2/07 at 5:36pm

you can see ilove shoshana.. hense the username... and the signature. haha. but um... i just think she's inspirational no matter what she does, whether it's a solo album or broadway. She really just seems to love herself for everything she is and always uses her voice amazingly and never tries to sound like anyone else but herself... i really admire that. thats all i have to say.

"..but really who am I if i'm not who I am? So I threw up my hands and said f*** it! If I can't fit into your mold I'm gunna break it and make a new one." -shoshana bean

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#17re: Shoshana
Posted: 1/2/07 at 5:39pm

IF she can help it? Man, I freaking hate this woman.

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#18re: Shoshana
Posted: 1/2/07 at 5:43pm

Inspirational? I dunno,I'm not down with supporting people who are ungrateful for the chances they have been giving. Sooo many people would kill to have the oppertunities she's had and she obviously doesn't seem to care. It takes a lot to be on Broadway, more so than releasing an album I think, so to have th attitude of "well Broadway was my stepping stone to greater things"...there is nothing greater than succeeding on Broadway. People try and try their entire lives just to be in an ensemble. She should be more gracious.

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

somethingwicked
#19re: Shoshana
Posted: 1/2/07 at 5:44pm

I think she is a talented performer, but her attitude toward Broadway as simply a step to elevate her to something better bothers me as well, BobbyBubby.

Zeitoujo
#20re: Shoshana
Posted: 1/2/07 at 5:51pm

hush charmer and BobbyBubby you guys suck.

sho is amazing i loveee herrr and her riffs.

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

Becoz_i_knew_you21
#21re: Shoshana
Posted: 1/2/07 at 5:55pm

It kind of bothers me when people say they used theater as a stepping stone. If you did, just keep it to yourself. If you say stuff like that, some people start losing respect for you as a performer.

AlmondEyes252 Profile Photo
AlmondEyes252
#22re: Shoshana
Posted: 1/2/07 at 5:55pm

I know I'm late about life and all, but what happened to her boyfriend? did he die? or did they just break up?

Becoz_i_knew_you21
#23re: Shoshana
Posted: 1/2/07 at 5:56pm

^ Sadly, he unexpectedly died. I forgot how.
Updated On: 1/2/07 at 05:56 PM

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#24re: Shoshana
Posted: 1/2/07 at 6:02pm

"sho is amazing i loveee herrr and her riffs."

In English, please.

AlmondEyes252 Profile Photo
AlmondEyes252
#25re: Shoshana
Posted: 1/2/07 at 6:03pm

I think I saw him on YouTube once he was hanging out with her backstage before a show.

He was a Personal Fitness Trainer right?
Do you know when it was he passed on?