pixeltracker

Good Luck Tonight Jennifer Hudson! (spoils)- Page 2

Good Luck Tonight Jennifer Hudson! (spoils)

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#25I'M TELLING YOU SHE BETTER WIN!
Posted: 1/15/07 at 6:03pm

She should be one of the first categories right? I don't think I can take the waiting anymore!

suzycat Profile Photo
suzycat
#26I'M TELLING YOU SHE BETTER WIN!
Posted: 1/15/07 at 7:07pm

Yes, Babel was technically an amazing film, but it was also one of those films that is painful to watch because such horrible things happen to people. If you saw 21 Grams or Amores Perros (by the same director), you'll know what I mean.

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#27I'M TELLING YOU SHE BETTER WIN!
Posted: 1/15/07 at 7:18pm

And Beyonce.

And Eddie Murphy.

And the film itself.

And "Listen".

Oh, and "Little Children". Just because I love it.

I really want Beyonce to win. I loved Meryl, but I don't feel she was categorized correctly. She and Hudson should have been swtiched, but I am not complaining because having Hudson where she is helps her chances considerably. But I would love to see Beyonce win because she most likely will not be receiving an Oscar nomination, based on the SAG nominations. Also, I feel she is getting so much flack because her performance is "flat. But that's just the character. I truly feel she was perfectly cast in the film. She sounded great, or as good as she was supposed to for the character, looked flawless, as the character should, and portrayed the character as it should be portrayed. There is now way Beyonce could have made Deena as flashy or pwerful of a character as Effie. The story isn't set up that way.

I am no HUGE Beyonce fan from her other work, but I really hope she wins tonight. I love me some Meryl, but I really love me some DREAMGIRLS.

Updated On: 1/15/07 at 07:18 PM

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#28I'M TELLING YOU SHE BETTER WIN!
Posted: 1/15/07 at 7:32pm

Beyonce isn't winning.

bare_nakedlady Profile Photo
bare_nakedlady
#29I'M TELLING YOU SHE BETTER WIN!
Posted: 1/15/07 at 7:36pm

I hope she wins. She deserves it.

Can anyone tell me why they decided she should be a supporting actress? I've searched but didn't find anything. Just post the link if you don't want to explain it. All of my freinds who don't know aything about theatre all agree that The show is about Effie not Deena. So why Supporting? Just wondering.

"It's like children's theatre for 40-year old gay people!" - XANADU THE MUSICAL

americanboy99
#30I'M TELLING YOU SHE BETTER WIN!
Posted: 1/15/07 at 7:42pm

I have come to accept that she isn't winning, and maybe she shouldn't.

But I do wish she could get some recognition for her great performance.

neomystyk29 Profile Photo
neomystyk29
#31I'M TELLING YOU SHE BETTER WIN!
Posted: 1/15/07 at 7:45pm

Beyonce won't win. A certain Meryl Streep will see to that. Good luck to Jennifer Hudson though, as she is this films best shot at an award tonight.

Also good luck to Little Miss Sunshine!

ETA: I bet Jennifer Hudson wasn't considered leading because Beyonce is the bigger star. Jennifer has the better shot in a supporting category anyway. Updated On: 1/15/07 at 07:45 PM

americanboy99
#32I'M TELLING YOU SHE BETTER WIN!
Posted: 1/15/07 at 7:48pm

The DREAMGIRLS producers wanted it that way.

Possibly to have four actors in four separate categories for a possible clean sweep.

Or because they know Helen Mirren will be walking hope with a BEST ACTRESS Oscar and they want Hudson to win an Oscar.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#33I'M TELLING YOU SHE BETTER WIN!
Posted: 1/15/07 at 7:50pm

Beyonce over Streep? I think not. Sreep is stunning in Devil Wears Prada.

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#34I'M TELLING YOU SHE BETTER WIN!
Posted: 1/15/07 at 7:51pm

But I do wish she could get some recognition for her great performance.

I think being nominated is enough recognition for her right now. Also the fact that she has won many people's respect by not turning this role to crap.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

soulman83
#35I'M TELLING YOU SHE BETTER WIN!
Posted: 1/15/07 at 10:11pm

She Wins and then dedicates it to Florence Ballard and yet not acknowledge holliday? are you kidding me? i am done...

SweetQintheLights
#36I'M TELLING YOU SHE BETTER WIN!
Posted: 1/15/07 at 10:14pm

Well, now that it's announced in this thread, too-- the subject should now include, "SPOILER"

Let's be considerate to those west coasters, people!

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

soulman83
#37I'M TELLING YOU SHE BETTER WIN!
Posted: 1/15/07 at 10:20pm

oops sorry about that! it was bound to happen though. still i am sorry about that.

Kevinoes Profile Photo
Kevinoes
#38I'M TELLING YOU SHE BETTER WIN!
Posted: 1/15/07 at 11:34pm

Um soulman...Holliday didn't even bother to show up for the premiere of the film, though the original Deena and Lorell obliged the invite. In fact, Holliday has made it quite clear she is pissed she didn't get any say or part of the movie (because apparently she's ENTITLED to it??) and therefore will have no part of the movie. Ms. Hudson was not required to thank Miss Holliday. It's actually very appropriate to dedicate the award to Flo Ballard since her story was much more tragic in the end than Effie's. Good call on Ms. Judson's part. She earned this on her own. And I don't care if people say that "Oh, Jenniffer Holiday originated that role and so she should be grateful!". I guarantee more than half the people who see DREAMGIRLS will not know who Jenniffer Holiday is or even that the film was a Broadway musical in the 80s.

Congrats Jenniffer! I wish you the best.
Updated On: 1/15/07 at 11:34 PM

COOOOLkid
#39I'M TELLING YOU SHE BETTER WIN!
Posted: 1/15/07 at 11:46pm

^Wait, what? I thought Holliday wasn't even invited to the Premier...

And I bet that more than half knows about Jennifer Holliday and the fact that it was originally a Broadway musical...

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy
Updated On: 1/15/07 at 11:46 PM

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#40I'M TELLING YOU SHE BETTER WIN!
Posted: 1/16/07 at 12:19am

Holliday was invited, and then 'univited'....

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

PJ
#41I'M TELLING YOU SHE BETTER WIN!
Posted: 1/16/07 at 12:23am

With the way Holliday has been behaving regarding Hudson and the film itself, I wouldn't have mentioned her in my speech either. I thought it was wonderful that Hudson dedicated her Globe to Ballard.

CurtisTaylorJr2 Profile Photo
CurtisTaylorJr2
#42I'M TELLING YOU SHE BETTER WIN!
Posted: 1/16/07 at 12:40am

The way Holliday has reacted to the movie, why would she have thanked her?

IAMmyownMUSICAL Profile Photo
IAMmyownMUSICAL
#43I'M TELLING YOU SHE BETTER WIN!
Posted: 1/16/07 at 12:42am

YAY SHE WON!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Jenn!!!

Now all I see are cute boys with short haircuts in a maze of their own...

silent
#44I'M TELLING YOU SHE BETTER WIN!
Posted: 1/16/07 at 12:48am

Considering the way Holliday has acted in regards to Hudson, if I was Jennifer, I wouldn't thank her either!

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#45I'M TELLING YOU SHE BETTER WIN!
Posted: 1/16/07 at 12:53am

"And I bet that more than half knows about Jennifer Holliday and the fact that it was originally a Broadway musical..."

Wrong! Of all 17 people watching the Globes with me tonight, only two knew that Dreamgirls was a Broadway musical originally, and I was the only one who knew Jennifer Holliday. You give Americans WAY too much credit.

jsrocks
#46I'M TELLING YOU SHE BETTER WIN!
Posted: 1/16/07 at 2:55am

I'm glad Jennifer won and Beyonce lost.

"Michael's got a head like a Ping Pong Ball" -The Cast of Sweeney-

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#47I'M TELLING YOU SHE BETTER WIN!
Posted: 1/16/07 at 3:02am

You're glad Beyonce lost? Do you wish ill on the girl?

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

Sargar
#48I'M TELLING YOU SHE BETTER WIN!
Posted: 1/16/07 at 7:12am

yay for Hudson (and Murphy)! I'm not terribly dissappointed that Beyonce didn't win...I thought her performance was just not Golden Globe award-worthy.

and from what I read, the reason they put Jennifer and Beyonce in their particular catergories was because Beyonce was the "bigger star."

"Hey Joey McIntyre, is there a balcony in Madison Square Garden? Joey knows his venues a little better than me. That's okay...I have a bigger part on broadway...:)" -Idina Menzel

americanboy99
#49I'M TELLING YOU SHE BETTER WIN!
Posted: 1/16/07 at 10:38pm

she won!