pixeltracker

Jonathan/John - SPRING AWAKENING

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#1Jonathan/John - SPRING AWAKENING
Posted: 1/23/07 at 7:38am

Let's clear this up, because the misspellings in SPRING AWAKENING threads have been confusing folks.

The correct spellings are:

Jonathan Groff

Jonathan B. Wright

John Gallagher, Jr.

Nobody is "Johnathan". Neither Groff nor Wright is "John" though they can be referred to as Jon.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#2re: Jonathan/John - SPRING AWAKENING
Posted: 1/23/07 at 11:09am

Thanks...?

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#2re: Jonathan/John - SPRING AWAKENING
Posted: 1/23/07 at 11:11am

God has spoken. So necessary.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

sciguy
#3re: Jonathan/John - SPRING AWAKENING
Posted: 1/23/07 at 11:26am

This is a first for me.
I ditto what Munk said.
What is happening to me?

snl89
#4re: Jonathan/John - SPRING AWAKENING
Posted: 1/23/07 at 12:41pm

haha, the only reason I care about this is because whenever I see "John" I automatically think John Gallagher, so then I get really confused when people say "John Groff" cause its like... Groff is "Jon", not "John" lol. And then like... people will call John "Jonathan" and that confuses me really bad too! haha.

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.
Updated On: 1/23/07 at 12:41 PM

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#5re: Jonathan/John - SPRING AWAKENING
Posted: 1/23/07 at 8:11pm

they can spell their names however the like, but i still love them all. =)

<33333

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#6re: Jonathan/John - SPRING AWAKENING
Posted: 1/23/07 at 8:25pm

And the winner for most useless thread is...

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

PARISinNYC Profile Photo
PARISinNYC
#7re: Jonathan/John - SPRING AWAKENING
Posted: 1/23/07 at 11:52pm

Please, we all thought of making this thread, but Wanna Be A Foster had a enough courage to actually write it. Honestly...

I do refer to Jonathan Groff sometimes as JGroff though. Just because it looks cool. *Seriously, that's my excuse.*

snl89
#8re: Jonathan/John - SPRING AWAKENING
Posted: 1/24/07 at 12:13am

^seriously! haha. come on, we all know all us SA fans were thinkin' it :P

but yeah, a lot of times I just refer to Jon Groff as Groff- kinda like how I often refer to Stephen Lynch as Lynch :) I'm not one of those people who calls people by their last names because its formal or whatever, its just 1)its easier that way in this case since there ARE so many jon/johns, and 2)some people it just seems fitting to call by their last name. I dont know, he just seems like one of those people who a lot of people would call Groff and not Jon hehe.

And John Gallagher I tend to refer to as Johnny now- because his myspace name is Johnny Gallagher, and its what he seems to go by a lot of times re: Jonathan/John - SPRING AWAKENING

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.
Updated On: 1/24/07 at 12:13 AM

PARISinNYC Profile Photo
PARISinNYC
#9re: Jonathan/John - SPRING AWAKENING
Posted: 1/24/07 at 12:35am

Yeah, I usually say Johnny Gal when i'm trying to type something really fast.

Craww
#10re: Jonathan/John - SPRING AWAKENING
Posted: 1/24/07 at 2:00am

After almost ten years of reading fanfiction, I must admit my first thought upon reading the subject line was a dismayed vision for the future of this fandom. I do so love the prurient undertones of referring to them as Johns.

Eegh. Seriously, it's sad that something like this can't just go without saying. Also, even for a slow typist, does it ever take more than a simple second to type lagher? Just sayin'.

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#11re: Jonathan/John - SPRING AWAKENING
Posted: 1/24/07 at 10:26am

I'm sort of glad you started this thread. It's not so much as it is annoying when people write the wrong names, as it is confusing to know which one their referring to.

Usually I spell out their names though I do sometimes just refer Jonathan Groff as Groff.

PARISinNYC Profile Photo
PARISinNYC
#12re: Jonathan/John - SPRING AWAKENING
Posted: 1/25/07 at 4:11pm

I don't write Johnny Gal because of the time. I actually type really fast. I just started typing like that once and it just stuck.

dramaqueen2
#13re: Jonathan/John - SPRING AWAKENING
Posted: 1/25/07 at 5:19pm

yes, i do frequently refer to john gallagher as johnny g. it suits him. what a cutie. i think i'm in love. haha.

<3 =)

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

stagegrrrl
#14re: Jonathan/John - SPRING AWAKENING
Posted: 1/25/07 at 8:01pm

i like it this way.
i call john gallagher jr. "gallagher"
john groff i call "groff"
and jonathan b wright i call "johnny b"
so it's usually, groff, gallagher, johnny b. whatever. they respond to everything.

snl89
#15re: Jonathan/John - SPRING AWAKENING
Posted: 1/25/07 at 8:10pm

Eegh. Seriously, it's sad that something like this can't just go without saying. Also, even for a slow typist, does it ever take more than a simple second to type lagher? Just sayin'.

it may or may not have taken me a REALLY long time to figure out how to spell Gallagher... haha. I'm so slow that way. Now I know how to, I just find it easier to say Johnny :)

annd yeah, he is seriously one of the most awesome people ever. so is groff. I'm in love with them both :P

stagegrrrl
#16re: Jonathan/John - SPRING AWAKENING
Posted: 1/25/07 at 8:14pm

that's not good.

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#17re: Jonathan/John - SPRING AWAKENING
Posted: 1/25/07 at 8:20pm

That was funny.

stagegrrrl
#18re: Jonathan/John - SPRING AWAKENING
Posted: 1/25/07 at 8:31pm

i just call em as i see em.

bklynqt19862
#19re: Jonathan/John - SPRING AWAKENING
Posted: 1/26/07 at 10:57am

I went to c the show on Wed night and met them both...such nice guys...John Gallagher was talkin 2 me n my friends for at least 15-20 min...

aidaxx3 Profile Photo
aidaxx3
#20re: Jonathan/John - SPRING AWAKENING
Posted: 1/29/07 at 7:23pm

i <333 john!

"Lables are for soup cans, not people." -Anthony Rapp

dramaqueen2
#21re: Jonathan/John - SPRING AWAKENING
Posted: 1/29/07 at 10:08pm

same here bklyn! he is the most giving guy i have ever met at a stage door! when i waited for him for what seemed like forever in the bitter bitter cold, my fingers were numb and a shade of purple and i dropped my sharpie because i couldn't feel it anymore, and he picked it up and said "awww babe, your hands! do you want my gloves?" ahhh that is love right there!
and then something about how "it's freezing! you guys waited for us!?" and i was like.. "well we like you, but just a little bit.. only a little though" and he thought that was funny and laughed. and we talked for another 15 minutes.

he is so fantastic. is it possible to be in love with someone you've only met a few times? re: Jonathan/John - SPRING AWAKENING
what an issue this is! hahahaa!

Marlene Profile Photo
Marlene
#22re: Jonathan/John - SPRING AWAKENING
Posted: 1/29/07 at 10:53pm

Groff, didn't get to pick up the red sharpie I borrowed from a random guy on the street. Haha. When I handed him a ball point pen and he saw the other autographs in red he was all like where's the sharpie?!?!? I officially should mail them all a box of sharpies.

I just call Jonathan Groff, Groff...and John Gallagher Jr. John Jr. I know faces, not names.

snl89
#23re: Jonathan/John - SPRING AWAKENING
Posted: 1/29/07 at 10:55pm

^hahaha, yeha I fealt terrible because my sister and I didn't have a sharpie and they had to sign with lousy pens!

someone really should send them all sharpies!

Videos