pixeltracker

Jeb Brown Replaces Will Chase in 2/19 Working Concert

Jeb Brown Replaces Will Chase in 2/19 Working Concert

shesamarshmallow
#1Jeb Brown Replaces Will Chase in 2/19 Working Concert
Posted: 2/12/07 at 2:33pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/l.cfm?id=150048

Dang.
So the question is, what is Chase's tv pilot?

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

jenna2 Profile Photo
jenna2
#2re: Jeb Brown Replaces Will Chase in 2/19 Working Concert
Posted: 2/12/07 at 3:57pm

Alright, stop me if this idea's been done but how about a tv pilot that revolves around a loudmouthed conservative (let's call him Jake) and his brother Tim, an intellectual lefty, who are forced to live together after an accident leaves Jake wheelchair-bound...

Call the understudy / I can't go on tonight / I'm drinking with my buddy / I'm getting good and tight / Before they raise the curtain I'll be higher than a kite / So call the understudy I can't go on tonight

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#2re: Jeb Brown Replaces Will Chase in 2/19 Working Concert
Posted: 2/12/07 at 4:04pm

Hahaha! But that would suck because it would give me another reason to watch that show.

gumbo2 Profile Photo
gumbo2
#3re: Jeb Brown Replaces Will Chase in 2/19 Working Concert
Posted: 2/12/07 at 4:07pm

I can't believe they thought that was a good idea for a TV pilot, jenna...

But how great would that be to have a sitcom with Norbert and Will Chase?

jenna2 Profile Photo
jenna2
#4re: Jeb Brown Replaces Will Chase in 2/19 Working Concert
Posted: 2/12/07 at 4:13pm

"I can't believe they thought that was a good idea for a TV pilot"

I know, hey? Don't you just wish you could have been the one who thought that concept up? If it starred Norbert AND Will, I would definitely be tempted to tune in though... (wait, is this how rumours get started?)

Call the understudy / I can't go on tonight / I'm drinking with my buddy / I'm getting good and tight / Before they raise the curtain I'll be higher than a kite / So call the understudy I can't go on tonight

gumbo2 Profile Photo
gumbo2
#5re: Jeb Brown Replaces Will Chase in 2/19 Working Concert
Posted: 2/12/07 at 4:15pm

Haha, only if people take us seriously...

Can't you see the board meeting with all the writers pitching their ideas, and the one guy stands up and says "HEY this is a great idea..." and then everyone agrees with him. Sad.

jenna2 Profile Photo
jenna2
#6re: Jeb Brown Replaces Will Chase in 2/19 Working Concert
Posted: 2/15/07 at 4:08am

I guess our dreams of a crappy show starring Norbert and Will will go unfulfilled...

Will Chase's Myspace Blog...

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#7re: Jeb Brown Replaces Will Chase in 2/19 Working Concert
Posted: 2/19/07 at 10:21pm

It was AMAZING tonight!!! Merle Dandrige and Mary Testa were definately standouts :)

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#8re: Jeb Brown Replaces Will Chase in 2/19 Working Concert
Posted: 2/19/07 at 10:29pm

Details?!
Who sang what?

~Steven

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#9re: Jeb Brown Replaces Will Chase in 2/19 Working Concert
Posted: 2/19/07 at 10:42pm

Celia: "I'm Just Movin'" and "Millwork"
Merle: "Just a Housewife" and "Cleaning Woman"
Mary: "Nobody Tells Me How" and "It's An Art"
Jeb: "Mason," "Brother Trucker" and "Fathers and Sons"
Ed: "Lovin' Al" and "Joe"
Roderick: "Brother Trucker"

Full company numbers: "All the Livelong Day," "If I Could've Been," and "Something to Point To"

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#10re: Jeb Brown Replaces Will Chase in 2/19 Working Concert
Posted: 2/20/07 at 12:53am

Wow, would have loved to see it.
Was it just the songs or did they do some of the monologues as well?

~Steven

husk_charmer
#11re: Jeb Brown Replaces Will Chase in 2/19 Working Concert
Posted: 2/20/07 at 1:55am

Did they keep the fun 70's disco break during "All The Livelong Day?"

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

defyingravity11
#12re: Jeb Brown Replaces Will Chase in 2/19 Working Concert
Posted: 2/20/07 at 8:44am

They kept all the monolouges in, although there was no "Newsboy" song or Drug Addict monolouge. And I don't think there was that instrumental break in the opening number.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#13re: Jeb Brown Replaces Will Chase in 2/19 Working Concert
Posted: 2/20/07 at 4:17pm

Well, weren't those deleted when they updated the book anyway?
Did they not perform the Spanish song by James Taylor? I liked that one.

~Steven

defyingravity11
#14re: Jeb Brown Replaces Will Chase in 2/19 Working Concert
Posted: 2/20/07 at 4:25pm

Yeah, that's what I thought! I'm only familiar with the original production (as I performed in a production that used that version). Un mejor Dia Vendra was not in the concert... Still, I thought it was amazing, especially for a concert. I liked the fact that they used very little props/costumes as the show was paced very quickly.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#15re: Jeb Brown Replaces Will Chase in 2/19 Working Concert
Posted: 2/20/07 at 4:35pm

I've played Roberto, so I hold that song close to my heart, haha.

~Steven

Wavetree Profile Photo
Wavetree
#16re: Jeb Brown Replaces Will Chase in 2/19 Working Concert
Posted: 2/21/07 at 12:41am

What a great night of theatre. At first I was disappointed to miss out on Will Chase, but Jeb Brown was fantastic as was the entire cast. Thank God I can now replace my bad memories of our horrid high school production 10 years ago. "Just a Housewife" was incredibly beautiful and Celia did a wonderful job with "Millwork"- which I'm glad has had a life beyond the show, I saw Springsteen cover it not too long ago. This show needs a new recording hardcore, the music is just too good not to revisit.
In my euphoric stupor on the way out of the theatre I tripped over some girl's bag and crash landed into the guy in front of me- then looked up to realize it was Manoel Felciano. Slightly embarassing, but if you're going display your clumbsiness, face planting into Mano isn't a bad way to go.

defyingravity11
#17re: Jeb Brown Replaces Will Chase in 2/19 Working Concert
Posted: 2/21/07 at 1:02am

haha!! What are the odds that they'll record this cast? I really wish they would revive the show . . . Even as a limited engament thing.

Videos