pixeltracker

Original Cast List of LEGALLY BLONDE..

Original Cast List of LEGALLY BLONDE..

Jovie24 Profile Photo
Jovie24
#1Original Cast List of LEGALLY BLONDE..
Posted: 2/18/07 at 11:20pm

I found an old article that I saved a while back on who was mentioned for the cast during a workshop of LEGALLY BLONDE...was kind of cool to see who is not with the company currently and who still is:

The latest reading featured Laura Bell Bundy (Elle Woods), Scott Bakula (Professor Callahan), Rachel Dratch (Paulette), Christian Borle (Emmett), Richard Blake (Warner), Kate Shindle (Vivien), Nikki Snelson (Brook Wyndam), Leslie Kritzer (Serena), Farah Alvin (Margot), Pearl Sun (Pilar), Andy Karl (Kyle), Aaron Lohr, Kate Wetherhead, Donna Vivino, Debra Wiseman, Kevin Pariseau, Rashad Naylor, Julie Garnye, Eisa Davis, T.J. Maddox, Caesar Samayoa.

"Now the best way to learn the theater, always, is to be a stage manager" -Stephen Sondheim

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#2re: Original Cast List of LEGALLY BLONDE..
Posted: 2/18/07 at 11:25pm

yeah it is nice to see they kept a lot of the workshop cast. I think Paulette has been re-written since RD...something tells me it was a more dorkier role.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#2re: Original Cast List of LEGALLY BLONDE..
Posted: 2/18/07 at 11:30pm

I'm glad they went against having Rachel Dratch. I mean, I like her and all, but I don't know if I could deal with her for 2 hours. Besides the fact that the music would have been much less effective for Paulette. Orfeh also better fits my thoughts of Paulette, and she deserves a good role.

theaterdude87
#3re: Original Cast List of LEGALLY BLONDE..
Posted: 2/18/07 at 11:35pm

^ true...plus i love orfeh..and leslie pickles luopne.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

JumpJumpJumpSoHigh Profile Photo
JumpJumpJumpSoHigh
#4re: Original Cast List of LEGALLY BLONDE..
Posted: 2/18/07 at 11:44pm

Rachel Dratch was AMAZING as Paulette. I mean, she doesn't have a great singing voice, but she was ridiculously funny. Yeah, a lot of it was schtick, but it completely worked. If only they could combine Orfeh's vocal chops with Rachel's comedic chops, they'd have the best Paulette ever.

(Or, on second thought... can Jennifer Coolidge sing?)

~JJJ

Dear Ken, I'm in pieces. Why the cold shoulder? Love, Barbie

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#5re: Original Cast List of LEGALLY BLONDE..
Posted: 2/18/07 at 11:45pm

I can't imagine anyone other than Orfeh playing Paulette. "Ireland" is priceless and "Bend & Snap" is what it is because Orfeh put her personal stamp on it. It's the perfect marriage of role/actor.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#6re: Original Cast List of LEGALLY BLONDE..
Posted: 2/18/07 at 11:47pm

In Legally Blonde, the movie was Kyle, the dorky guy that helps Elle?

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

Jovie24 Profile Photo
Jovie24
#7re: Original Cast List of LEGALLY BLONDE..
Posted: 2/18/07 at 11:47pm

Just found it coool....

"Now the best way to learn the theater, always, is to be a stage manager" -Stephen Sondheim

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#8re: Original Cast List of LEGALLY BLONDE..
Posted: 2/18/07 at 11:49pm

surprise, surprise, yet another thinly veiled dig at Orfeh. JJ, did you miss the review that compared Orfeh to Fran Drescher? Guess some would disagree with you, again.

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#9re: Original Cast List of LEGALLY BLONDE..
Posted: 2/18/07 at 11:53pm

No, the dorky guy that helped Elle was emmett, who's being played by Christian Borle, btw, JJJ, you're out of your mind and I admittedly haven't even seen the show but Rachel Dratch? Ewww.

ClumsyDude15
#10re: Original Cast List of LEGALLY BLONDE..
Posted: 2/19/07 at 12:02am

No, in the movie version of LEGALLY BLONDE. There's a dorky guy who in the court-room scene shows the law book to Callahan. His name in the movie was David. Dorky Dave, is what he's called in the credits. He's the guy who the female professor grills about the quote on the board on Elle's first day of class.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#11re: Original Cast List of LEGALLY BLONDE..
Posted: 2/19/07 at 12:05am

Oh, sorry, I'm sure you can get his exact name IMDB but I know he's the son of Anthony Perkins.

theaterdude87
#12re: Original Cast List of LEGALLY BLONDE..
Posted: 2/19/07 at 12:11am

I am pretty sure he is one of the people helping on the case that elle befriends.

ClumsyDude15
#13re: Original Cast List of LEGALLY BLONDE..
Posted: 2/19/07 at 12:11am

Is his character in the musical?

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#14re: Original Cast List of LEGALLY BLONDE..
Posted: 2/19/07 at 12:12am

He's played by Noah Weisberg in the show. The guy who played Dorky David was Oz Perkins in the movie.

To me, an important role in a show is less effective if the person is not equally balanced between vocals and acting, which Rachel Dratch was not. Orfeh deserves a role where she can show her talent.
Updated On: 2/19/07 at 12:12 AM

ClumsyDude15
#15re: Original Cast List of LEGALLY BLONDE..
Posted: 2/19/07 at 12:15am

"He's played by Noah Weisberg in the show. The guy who played Dorky David was Oz Perkins in the movie. "

Yay, Dorky Dave's in the show. re: Original Cast List of LEGALLY BLONDE..

JumpJumpJumpSoHigh Profile Photo
JumpJumpJumpSoHigh
#16re: Original Cast List of LEGALLY BLONDE..
Posted: 2/19/07 at 12:46am

Noah Weisberg actually plays a character named Aaron in the show, who gets the "dorky" intro that Dave got in the movie, but he's not exactly the same character. (For instance, in the movie, Elle helps Dave get a date with a cute girl by pretending to have had her heart broken by him... that doesn't happen in the musical.)

Also, ruprecht, for heaven's sake, I'm not out of my mind. I saw Rachel Dratch and liked her; you didn't see her and you don't like her. Live and let live, huh?

~JJJ

Dear Ken, I'm in pieces. Why the cold shoulder? Love, Barbie

FosterChild Profile Photo
FosterChild
#17re: Original Cast List of LEGALLY BLONDE..
Posted: 2/19/07 at 12:57am

You're even starting to annoy me JJJ and I frankly don't give a sh*t about opinions regarding this show, either way.

ClumsyDude15
#18re: Original Cast List of LEGALLY BLONDE..
Posted: 2/19/07 at 12:58am

"Noah Weisberg actually plays a character named Aaron in the show, who gets the "dorky" intro that Dave got in the movie, but he's not exactly the same character. (For instance, in the movie, Elle helps Dave get a date with a cute girl by pretending to have had her heart broken by him... that doesn't happen in the musical.) "

Yeah, they took the name of the aggorant guy from the movie who says he's a genius and that Stephen Hawking stole his brief history of time from his fourth grade term-paper and combined him with Dave.

:-]

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#19re: Original Cast List of LEGALLY BLONDE..
Posted: 2/19/07 at 2:57pm

Noah did not remind or resemble Dorky Dave in any way to me. That was the part they didn't carry over that I was most sad about. I love when she pretends she had sex with him! It's a funny moment and a testament to Elle's good heart.

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

Videos