Wedding Singer
hairspray
tarzan
little shop revival
little women
guys and dolls
sweet charity
color purple

I found them all scattered throughout the store. I found guys and dolls, sweet charity, and wedding singer underneath a t-shirt of urban cowboy! The rest were in a bin under the front desk.

CERULEAN19 Profile Photo
CERULEAN19
#26re: Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business
Posted: 2/21/07 at 6:57pm

Closing...WHAT!!!!

Marlene Profile Photo
Marlene
#27re: Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business
Posted: 2/21/07 at 9:00pm

Heading over tomorrow after class!

Marlene Profile Photo
Marlene
#28re: Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business
Posted: 2/22/07 at 11:40am

I just headed there today, there's nothing really left. The cast recordings are really limited now, and everything good has been bought.

There are still a lot of t-shirts and sweatshirts, the majority of them are large and x-large.

I was hoping to pick up Little Women, but I didn't find any left. re: Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business

I have a hard time leaving a place without buying something so I ended up getting a Les Mis sweatshirt for $5. It's a children's size so it fits great except the sleeves have basically become 3/4.

Yankeefan007
#29re: Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business
Posted: 2/22/07 at 12:51pm

It closes Sunday. They've been having the "% off" sales since the beginning of February.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#30re: Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business
Posted: 2/22/07 at 3:05pm

I was there today. I got the GREAT AMERICAN TRAILER PARK MUSICAL Cast Recording for $6.24.

There is a TON of stuff left! So those of you concerned about not getting there for a few days, don't worry. There is plenty of everything still there.

P.S. Marlene: The LITTLE WOMEN Cast Recording was there when I was there.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 2/22/07 at 03:05 PM

thtrbear
#31re: Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business
Posted: 2/22/07 at 6:22pm

I went on Wednesday.
This is the place between 47th + 48th streets just north of the old and future TKTS booth and the Olive Garden, right? I had a hard time finding it cause a) it's not called the Broadway Gift Shop, it's called Gifts from Broadway or something, b) someone posted it's next to the Olive Garden, which lists its address as 2 Times Square- it only took me 10 minutes to walk up and down Times Square and find it.
Anyway, I bought 1 book I'm very happy with, Old Postcards of Times Square. But I would say 95 to 99% of the store is ticky tacky tourist stuff like Statue of Liberty keychains. They have a rack of windowcards in the back by 7th Ave. that are around $5 to $6 after 75% off. A lot of show t-shirts at slightly higher prices. The Cd's on the wall behind the cashier are around 5$ each. I didn't think to look under all the t-shirts for cd's. If the above items appeal, it may be worth a trip.
By the way, there's an exhibit of Oscars at the Good Morning America studio on 45th St, thru Sat. They have Bette D's Jezebel oscar, Gable's 1934 oscar, the unengraved oscars for next yr's ceremony, and a blank oscar you can line up to hold and get a picture with if you bring your camera or cellfone. It is open till around 7 but I would google it for the exact hours.

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#32re: Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business
Posted: 2/22/07 at 6:44pm

I didn't see the windowcards when I was there, I thought all the theatre stuff was up front. Was it a good selection? Maybe I'll go back up there tonight.

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

Marlene Profile Photo
Marlene
#33re: Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business
Posted: 2/22/07 at 7:32pm

I think the shop is called the Spirit of Broadway or something like that, it's right by the Olive Garden on the side facing the Ambassador and O'Neill (I think, I'm really bad with direction). If you take the N/R to 49th, it's right there.

Hrrrrm, was Little Women under the counter? Or something, or was I just blind, I did not see it on the rack, and when I asked the woman if there was anymore CDs aside from what was on the rack, and she said no. There is a lot of Elvis stuff and Wizard of Oz porcelian teapots and ruby red slipper figurines and things of that nature. Most of the store is full of gross tourists stuff. There are a large selection of miscellaneous shirts that don't have New York City scralled across them...

I was sad that none of the t-shirts or sweatshirts actually fit me. Although I just suddenly was too in love with the Les Mis sweatshirt to give it up. And now I own a sweatshirt intended to fit a 10-12 year old. If only it were longer...the magic of layering.

Yea, if you go to the back of the store there are window cards for broadway shows to the far right. I do recall seeing Lennon, Proof, Cabaret Revival (but it wasn't the typical one), Good Vibrations, Gigi, there were a lot more but it's not coming to me.

Oh there are also caps for a bunch of shows. And I totally would have bought a BKLYN shirt if there were any smalls left. Oh guilty pleasures. And there's a pink hooded Sweet Charity sweatshirt in either large or extra large. There were some mugs...mainly Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, there was a Spamalot Stout, a BKLYN mug.

I did get a cheesy comedy and tragedy mask silver bracelet for $5. It's taking the place of the evil eye bracelet that I lost.

I'm sort of glad now that nothing was in my size, because I would have walked out with a lot of show sweatshirts that I don't need, nor have room in my closet for...

I didn't see CD's under the t-shirts. And I looked through like half their t-shirts to try and find sizes.

#34re: Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business
Posted: 2/22/07 at 7:42pm

Does anyone know if there are any windowcards left? I read the thread and there seems to be varying opinions. I suppose that even if there are, only the less popular ones will be left, but it's still worth a try.

C is for Company
#35re: Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business
Posted: 2/22/07 at 7:46pm

Could anyone tell me if the have the 2003 NINE cast recording available? It would be highly appreciated.

Cape Twirl of Doom
#36re: Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business
Posted: 2/22/07 at 7:56pm

Could anyone tell me if the have the 2003 NINE cast recording available? It would be highly appreciated.

No, I didn't see it on Tuesday (I would have bought it) and they let me look through all the CDs they had under the counter.

C is for Company
#37re: Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business
Posted: 2/22/07 at 7:57pm

Haha, alright thank you for relaying the info. Sounds like at the start it must have been a goldmine of good bargains! Good thing I wasn't there, the whole store would be gone re: Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business

#38Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business
Posted: 2/22/07 at 8:24pm

Do they have an online store?

Cape Twirl of Doom
#39Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business
Posted: 2/22/07 at 10:01pm

I just went back tonight and you're right, the windowcards are basically random leftovers. Mostly older failed musicals (DOTV, Ring of Fire, Lennon) and some plays (Macbeth, The Iceman Cometh.)

thtrbear
#40Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business
Posted: 2/23/07 at 2:54am

The window cards were in alph. order and I'd say there were at least 30 of them. In the back on a rack on the floor. around 5 or 6 bucks after discount.

Esparzafan Profile Photo
Esparzafan
#41Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business
Posted: 2/23/07 at 3:39pm

I went at lunchtime today. Still a lot of mugs, tshirts, sweatshirts and windowcards left (which are in the back of the store).

Raspberry Profile Photo
Raspberry
#42Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business
Posted: 2/23/07 at 4:50pm

Almost all of the sweatshirts and T-shirts that are left are XL size Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business , which usually seems to be the case with clothing on clearance. Some of the shirts from less popular shows with brief runs seemed to have a few more sizes available.

"I just want a story and a few good songs that will take me away. I just want to be entertained. I mean, isn't that the point?"
Updated On: 2/23/07 at 04:50 PM

Glory Profile Photo
Glory
#43Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business
Posted: 2/24/07 at 10:21pm

yeah I deffinitley stopped by today before I saw Apple Tree and got the Bernadette Peters Gypsy CD for only 6 bucks i'm so estatic haha

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#44Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business
Posted: 2/24/07 at 10:26pm

Marlene, which Cabaret revival poster was it? I didn't see *any* Broadway window cards when I was there on Friday, so I either missed them or they're all gone.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Marlene Profile Photo
Marlene
#45Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business
Posted: 2/24/07 at 10:42pm

My mistake. I just ran a quick search on ebay, it's actually the window card for the tour.

Similar to this but not quite.

Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#46Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business
Posted: 2/24/07 at 10:50pm

Ooh, I've seen the one you're talking about. I don't like that one. Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business

A work of art is an invitation to love.

BSoBW2
#47Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business
Posted: 2/24/07 at 10:52pm

Who is that?

I still need to find myself an EVIL DEAD poster!

ikmbway
#48Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business
Posted: 2/24/07 at 11:00pm

I went there yesterday. I bought a Wedding Singer magnet and another random magnet for a total of about $5. I was happy!! There wasn't much of a selection left. I wish they had some cast recordings I wanted.
Updated On: 2/24/07 at 11:00 PM

crispyscool
#49Broadway Gift Shop Going Out Of Business
Posted: 2/24/07 at 11:15pm

went there today and got the last EVIL DEAD window card but it has a small tear... although it was only $5... they still have some tshirts mostly in XL and L... surprised by the excess pajama game window cards left for sale... they have at least 10 left when i went today