pixeltracker

Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!- Page 4

Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#75re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 3:30pm

I saw LITTLE WOMEN. I wouldn't label it "crap" either. Light, fluffy, harmless, perhaps. It didn't make a serious dent in the musical theatre canon, good or bad. Sutton was working her ass up on that stage, though, and earned a much deserved Tony nomination for it.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 3/9/07 at 03:30 PM

worrell4077
#76re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 3:43pm

"Remember that no contracts have been signed yet and that casting announcements have abounded in the past month...and that this is in Riedel's column which is not an official announcement. Before you get too excited, you might want to wait for the official casting announcements."

The article on Playbill confirms that Mullally, Foster, and Hensley are set for YF. It's just the other parts

I've been waiting for this for awhile. I'm so happy that Sutton's doing it. She was one of the ones from the reading cast that I was hoping to see in the show. I just hope Roger Bart does it too.

I like the idea of Douglas Sills as Fronkensteen, I think he'd be great as Fronkensteen. I'm up in the air about Eric McCormack.

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#77re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!

Terrific casting. Sutton Foster continues to be the luckiest woman on Broadway.

I REALLY hope Roger Bart and Andrea Martin sign on.

and i hope they find a really perfect Frankenstein. it is a star role, after all.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#78re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!

Love this cast! It really want to see this now.

Though I wish Raul would take the role. He would be fantastic in the part.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#79re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 3:48pm

Has Martin even signed on to a pilot yet? I haven't read her name in any of the continuous press announcements for the new shows in development yet.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 3/9/07 at 03:48 PM

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#80re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 3:52pm

Though I wish Raul would take the role. He would be fantastic in the part.

I agree that he would be fantastic in the role. However, he seems to have a great amount of loyalty to COMPANY; and that I find incredibly admirable. I am sure that he is well aware of the fact that if he wins the Tony, COMPANY will be relying on him to boost (the unfortunately low) ticket sales.

Bobo2
#81re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 3:56pm

I think it sounds like a wonderful cast.

I'm such a bobo.

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#82re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 4:20pm

this is going to be the biggest, best ticket in town!! I'm so thrilled. When do tickets go on sale??

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#83re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 4:22pm

I am so excited for this show! And I can't wait to see Megan!

Julian2
#84re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 4:25pm

I saw LITTLE WOMEN. I wouldn't label it "crap" either. Light, fluffy, harmless, perhaps. It didn't make a serious dent in the musical theatre canon, good or bad.

But with a bright future in community theatre, that may change.

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

BroadwayAbridged Profile Photo
BroadwayAbridged
#85re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 4:29pm

Sutton was working her ass up on that stage, though, and earned a much deserved Tony nomination for it.

Absolutely.

But with a bright future in community theatre, that may change.

Wow... you know what, that never even occurred to me... but you're absolutely right...

- Gil http://www.broadwayabridged.com

Jon
#86re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 4:45pm

The big community theatre in my area has anniounced LITTLE WOMEN for spring of 2008.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#87re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 4:50pm

My only disappointment with this casting is Shuler Hensley. He is AWFUL at comedy. Nothing about the way he speaks or moves says comedy. He was a black hole in the otherwise wonderful GREAT AMERICAN TRAILER PARK MUSICAL and audiences needed to set a snooze alarm for his parts to be over and the funny parts to start again. He very much deserved his Tony Award for OKLAHOMA. He gave an intense, moving performance in the dark, dramatic role of Jud Fry. But people now seem to be blinded by the "Tony Award Winner" before his name and assume that he can do anything because of it, which just isn't the case. He is a great dramatic musical theatre actor. A musical comedy performer he is not.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 3/9/07 at 04:50 PM

Julian2
#88re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 4:50pm

Same here, although its a professional theatre and I think they're doing it this year. I can't wait to see it, I love the OBC and it would be great to see if it can work onstage.

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
SamIAm Profile Photo
SamIAm
#90re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 5:03pm

Playbill often picks up its initial news on casting and other topics from the Post...go back and read the Playbill article and you'll see that they quote the Post as their source. They are not confirming anything...merely reporting what the Post said. An official announcement will come from the production team.

"Life is a lesson in humility"

commasplice
#91re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 5:05pm

Boo to you, Seattle, though I suppose you deserve something good to make up for getting The Wedding Singer's out-of-town tryout re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein! (but now, what show is going to make up for The Pirate Queen in Chicago...?)

Ah well - can't wait to see who else they cast!

kyle. Profile Photo
kyle.
#92re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 5:37pm

SON OF A BITCH is right! I want Megan dancing around Chicago for a few months!

Edit: Although I don't know what theatre they could use... With The Color Purple, Jersery Boys, and Wicked, not to mention the Nat'l Tours that come through... Updated On: 3/9/07 at 05:37 PM

sidneybruhl Profile Photo
sidneybruhl
#93re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 5:55pm

Though I'm no fan of the musical version of "The Producers," I think "Young Frankenstein" is my favorite Mel Brooks movie. I'm actually looking forward to seeing this.

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#94re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 5:59pm

"Edit: Although I don't know what theatre they could use... With The Color Purple, Jersery Boys, and Wicked, not to mention the Nat'l Tours that come through..."

They could use the LaSalle because Jersey Boys doesn't come in until October 6th. I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE for them to try-out in Chicago, but since it seems like they won't I'm still excited because I'll be in NYC next year during the Tony's re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein! .

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

StephenSondheimWHOO Profile Photo
StephenSondheimWHOO
#95re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 6:07pm

Hurrah, this is exciting! I love all three, all incredible. I really really hope D'arcy James gets the Role, he is so talented. Is Marc Kudisch still in the running for the police cheif? I hope so

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#96re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 6:18pm

Oh man! I hope Kudisch is still the #1 for Kemp! I just think he'd be so great!

Although there were no hopefuls mentioned in either article, so mayb they're just locking the deal up and it'll be announced soon!

*wishful thinking*

Sutton and Marc - Together again!

...GAVIN CREEL FOR FRANKENSTEIN! *I kid, I kid*

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore

NathanLaneStalker
#97re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 6:28pm

Wanna Be A Foster - Just because Mr. Hensley wasn't great at comedy in that one role, doesn't mean he will be terrible in every comedy role he does. Please, see his performance before you pass a judgement. He's my first and only choice to play the part and I'm more excited to see him in the show than Mullally or Foster.

Well, they auditioned Raul Esparza, Brian d'Arcy James, and Douglas Sills..none of which are BIG names like they want. I wish they would just cast Brian and be done with it. The name MEL BROOKS will sell enough tickets, not to mention Megan Mullally. Plus, they wanted that guy Zachary Levi for Frankenstein? I've never even heard that name before, can anyone tell me who he is? Eric Mcormack is a great actor and he was good in The Music Man, but this part is wrong for him. His acting just doesn't fit the part for me.

I'd love to see Roger Bart, but I doubt he'll do this since he's auditioning to play HIMSELF in a TV series. I am praying that Andrea Martin does this though. That woman is a freaking GENIUS!

As for Marc Kudisch, he would be smart to take the role if they offer it to him. He would have to choose between this and 9 to 5.

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

wiggum2 Profile Photo
wiggum2
#98re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 10:40pm

Kristen said tonight on Seth's Cabaret A that she'd love to do the role after Sutton leaves

And people used to originate roles ALL THE TIME so the 4 in a row used to be the norm NOT the exception

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#99re: Mullally, Foster and Hensley set for Young Frankenstein!
Posted: 3/9/07 at 11:26pm

My community theatre is doing Little Women this summer..."it only needs 4 men...SIGN US UP!" I bet that's what every small community theatre will say! plus people know the story of Little Women, which brings up the potential to sell tickets, which is also a plus...Joe Shmoe doesn't know what Thoroughly Modern Millie or Into the Woods is, but they've heard of Little WOmen!