Les Miz signed posters

Marway44 Profile Photo
Marway44
#1Les Miz signed posters
Posted: 3/18/07 at 1:25am

Hi Gang,

I just returned home from the evening show of Les Miz tonight, and of course it was incredible. Celia was out, and I missed her but Megan was fine in her place. Anyway, I bought the poster signed by the entire cast as part of the BC/EFA donation and I can't find where Lea Salonga signed. Can anyone who recently bought the poster please tell me where it is. I fear it's not on here but I'm just not sure.

Many thanks!
Updated On: 3/18/07 at 01:25 AM

My Strongest Suit Profile Photo
My Strongest Suit
#2re: Les MIz signed posters
Posted: 3/18/07 at 1:27am

they're selling signed posters!? how much are they and does anyone know how long they will be selling them?

LET OTHERS RISE TO TAKE OUR PLACE UNTIL THE EARTH IS FREE!

Marway44 Profile Photo
Marway44
#2re: Les MIz signed posters
Posted: 3/18/07 at 1:29am

They were $50 each.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#3re: Les MIz signed posters
Posted: 3/18/07 at 1:29am

I haven't been to Les Mis, but I know they generally sell the posters for $40-50. They sell them to raise money for BC/EFA until the Easter Bonnet Competition...I forgot the date of that...sometime in April.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
Updated On: 3/18/07 at 01:29 AM

My Strongest Suit Profile Photo
My Strongest Suit
#4re: Les MIz signed posters
Posted: 3/18/07 at 1:37am

darn! i'm not going to be there until june! oh well, thank you guys for the info.

LET OTHERS RISE TO TAKE OUR PLACE UNTIL THE EARTH IS FREE!

Yankeefan007
#5re: Les MIz signed posters
Posted: 3/18/07 at 8:10am

You can take a photo and post it.

bwaylover86 Profile Photo
bwaylover86
#6re: Les MIz signed posters
Posted: 3/18/07 at 8:35am

Lea may not be on there. My sister and I were owed signed posters from when we saw Les Miz through a BC/EFA auction and we only got them about a month ago or so even though we saw the show late last year. Odds are they had been signing them then in advance for this and she wouldn't have been there then. Maybe not though- is Daphne on there?

"That boy could use some Prozac"

AnaGFan
#7re: Les MIz signed posters
Posted: 3/18/07 at 9:40am

I have the poster from last night as well and can't find Lea's signature. DRV isn't there either.

javertjunky Profile Photo
javertjunky
#8re: Les MIz signed posters
Posted: 3/18/07 at 9:46am

Thats too bad that you cant find it. That's why when I get posters signed I have it done in person. Then I know who signed it and where. Goodluck finding Lea's signature. I hope you do.

"Men like me can never change, Men like you can never change. No, 24601. My duty's to the law - you have no Rights. Come with me 24601. Now the wheel has turned around, Jean Valjean is nothing now. Dare you talk to me of crime, And the price you had to pay. Every man is born in sin. Every man must choose his way. You know nothing of Javert. I was born inside a jail, I was born with s like you, I am from the gutter too!" ~Javert

Marway44 Profile Photo
Marway44
#9re: Les MIz signed posters
Posted: 3/18/07 at 12:11pm

Upon close inspection I found DRV's signature. It's over the M in Les Miz. Lea is definately not on there. Thanks for your help all. I will head to the theatre and have her sign it probably tonight. Anyone else missing before I head down?

poppinslionking
#10re: Les MIz signed posters
Posted: 3/19/07 at 6:38pm

I bought the poster as well this past weekend.

I cant find Alexander G's autograph on the poster. Also, I cant find Jenny Galloway's autograph either. Does anyone know where they are on the poster?

Will Lea sign the posters for sale in the upcoming weeks? What happens when the posters are sold out? Will the entire cast sign posters again?

theminutepast
#11re: Les MIz signed posters
Posted: 3/19/07 at 7:17pm

Unrelated: Anyone know why Celia has been out so much recently? Is she sick?

Marway44 Profile Photo
Marway44
#12re: Les MIz signed posters
Posted: 3/19/07 at 9:07pm

I can't find Alex or Jenny either! I think a terrible mistake was made here.

poppinslionking
#13re: Les MIz signed posters
Posted: 3/19/07 at 9:31pm

Maybe I was given a poster that had less signatures. Are all posters the same? Do some have more autographs than others?

I guess I have to do it the old fashion way and visit the stage door and ask the cast members for their autographs.

poppinslionking
#14re: Les MIz signed posters
Posted: 3/19/07 at 9:36pm

Do you know how many Les Miz signed posters are available for the BC/EFA? Will the producers ask the cast to sign again if they expect to sell out?

Yankeefan007
#15re: Les MIz signed posters
Posted: 3/19/07 at 9:45pm

All these people do with their backstage downtime is sign posters.

Revolutionary Profile Photo
Revolutionary
#16re: Les MIz signed posters
Posted: 3/19/07 at 9:57pm

Marway, you could just send it back to the theatre and have whoever you want sign it again. You paid $50 for it, they ought to be pretty obliging. And did someone make a big speech at the end asking for donations, or was it just there to be bought?

Oh, and Alex doesn't sign his full name, it's usually just like, an 'AL *line* G', or an 'AG'. It should be there.

NJRae Profile Photo
NJRae
#17re: Les MIz signed posters
Posted: 3/19/07 at 10:18pm

I did notice there were some missing on our posters (I'm bwaylover86's sister) but can't remember now which ones I thought were missing at the time. Alex was definitely on there. I don't think Jenny was.

Not Les Mis related, but as long was we're on the subject of bc/efa collections . . . I bought a signed playbill at Rent (I always feel compelled to buy something) and it was missing three signatures. I don't understand why they sell things that are supposed to be signed by the entire cast and company that are clearly missing signatures. I realize that the performers are busy people and that they don't want to spend every minute of their free time signing things but if you are going to say that it is signed by the entire cast and you are going to charge people for it . . . shouldn't you get what you pay for?

Like if you saw Les Mis with Lea, you should not be getting a poster with Daphne's signature. Or, if they already had some left with Daphne's signature, then they could have had Lea sign it as well.

Ok, vent over.

"I wrote a book: "How to Be Popular". Now I've put together a top ten list of how to help you: -Elphie, everyday... shower. I mean, who knows? Maybe some of that green is gonna come off! -Deodorant Elphie. No body likes a stinky witch! -I think we've covered the hair, we'll get to that. -Clean underclothes. That's all I'm gonna say. -Look at your posture. That's no way to be popular! -Bed made, room straightened. We've done that. -Colors blended. Oookay. -But the most important thing to have, to make yourself popular, is to keep your beautiful smile." ~Kristin Chenoweth in her last performance of the song "Popular"

Yankeefan007
#18re: Les MIz signed posters
Posted: 3/19/07 at 10:21pm

But that's just what happens. These people sign posters from Day 1 for charity. The target market isn't going to scrutinize over missing signatures, in many cases you can't even ID them all.

And please don't say "you paid for it." You didn't pay for it. You made a donation to BCEFA for it.

Marway44 Profile Photo
Marway44
#19re: Les MIz signed posters
Posted: 3/20/07 at 7:18am

Revolutionary,

Norm Lewis made a speech at the end of the show. In fact since he spoke there was no time for the playout music. It was running very close to 11.

NJRae Profile Photo
NJRae
#20re: Les MIz signed posters
Posted: 3/20/07 at 11:20am

Yankeefan007: Ok, you're right and I appologize. It is for charity, a good charity at that. But it is frustrating to get something that was not what was "advertised". Not the end of the world, just frustrating.

"I wrote a book: "How to Be Popular". Now I've put together a top ten list of how to help you: -Elphie, everyday... shower. I mean, who knows? Maybe some of that green is gonna come off! -Deodorant Elphie. No body likes a stinky witch! -I think we've covered the hair, we'll get to that. -Clean underclothes. That's all I'm gonna say. -Look at your posture. That's no way to be popular! -Bed made, room straightened. We've done that. -Colors blended. Oookay. -But the most important thing to have, to make yourself popular, is to keep your beautiful smile." ~Kristin Chenoweth in her last performance of the song "Popular"

Jeannie2 Profile Photo
Jeannie2
#21re: Les MIz signed posters
Posted: 3/20/07 at 3:57pm

Does the poster say 'She's back!'? I saw that poster in Times square last week for $30. Is an unsigned poster at Broadhurst less than $50?

Yankeefan007
#22re: Les MIz signed posters
Posted: 3/20/07 at 4:14pm

The unsigned poster runs about $20.

NJRae - that wasn't directed to you, just a general statement. People say they pay for the items when they really donated for them. It's a tiny matter of lingustics, no biggie.

I do understand your frustration (re: signatures). It would frustrate me, as well, in that position.

They're just thinking that the target market - (I assume to be) rich doctors who want something to frame for their office lobby -aren't gonna be counting the signatures. Updated On: 3/20/07 at 04:14 PM

Marway44 Profile Photo
Marway44
#23re: Les MIz signed posters
Posted: 3/22/07 at 7:44am

Nj,

Your post is 100% accurate. This is a charity; a good charity; and it is very frusterating, and not fair, but not the end of the world. Living in NY I can go back and get the other signatures. Unfortunately the out-of-towners are kind of stuck. When I have done this previously all signatures were present and accounted for.

My "BATB", "POTO", "Spam", "Dracula", "Ave Q", "Chicago" and "Drowsy", were all 100% perfect, so you can understand my frustration. I can see this happening on e-bay, but not through this very worthy cause.

By the way, is anyone planning to buy tickets for the new 4. I always go back for cast changes and while I will miss the 4, I look forward to seeing a different takes on the roles. The best change I ever saw was Lea with Daphne. And the worst were the leads in "DRS". Keith, and Richard were a horror. At least Brian was up to par in the part.

javertjunky Profile Photo
javertjunky
#24re: Les MIz signed posters
Posted: 3/22/07 at 11:47am

Jenny doesn't sign anything. Im not surprised at all that you cant find her signature on your poster. She just bolts from the stage door and heads down 44th street. She should've signed that poster. ITS FOR CHARITY!!!

"Men like me can never change, Men like you can never change. No, 24601. My duty's to the law - you have no Rights. Come with me 24601. Now the wheel has turned around, Jean Valjean is nothing now. Dare you talk to me of crime, And the price you had to pay. Every man is born in sin. Every man must choose his way. You know nothing of Javert. I was born inside a jail, I was born with s like you, I am from the gutter too!" ~Javert

Videos