pixeltracker

The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?

The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?

Lauren_T
#1The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?
Posted: 3/29/07 at 7:18pm

I stumbled across the movie on cable today and I was just wondering if these kids are up to anything. They all seemed to fall off the face of the earth. Except Rodbin DeJesus...anyone know?

Dark_Angel Profile Photo
Dark_Angel
#2re: The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?
Posted: 3/29/07 at 7:24pm

Doing the "Turkey Lurkey" God-knows-where.

beyondblessed Profile Photo
beyondblessed
#2re: The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?
Posted: 3/29/07 at 7:25pm

Like all of them have Myspace and the keep it updated with whats going on with their Careers. Off the top of my head I know Robin De Jesus did some time in Rent and is currently in In The Heights and Dequina Moore(She was one of the Turkey Lurkey Girls) is in Legally Blonde.

Going to a musical late in its run is like going to a prostitute late in her shift.

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#3re: The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?
Posted: 3/29/07 at 7:29pm

The guy who played Vlad recently released a movie - Something about the Unfabulous Life of Ethan Green, or something to that effect. I don't really remember the title.

And yea, one of my friends saw Robin DeJesus in RENT over the summer.

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore

C is for Company
#4re: The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?
Posted: 3/29/07 at 7:38pm

If I were them, I would be doing Turkey Lurkey Time all the time! That looked like hella fun!

Producer2 Profile Photo
Producer2
#5re: The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?

Since Jerry Mitchell choreographed the musical numbers in "Camp," Dequina Moore was in Jerry Mitchell's "Little Shop Of Horrors" and "Legally Blonde."

Kringas
#6re: The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?

Hopefully in an acting class.

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

Producer2 Profile Photo
Producer2
#7re: The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?
Posted: 3/29/07 at 7:39pm

and Vlad was in jail! Google it!

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#8re: The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?
Posted: 3/29/07 at 7:40pm

Tracee Beazer was in Hairspray, then Good Vibrations. I am not sure where she is now.

Sasha Allen is currently on tour with Christina Aguilera

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#9re: The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?
Posted: 3/29/07 at 7:42pm

You can also IMDB them.

Anna Kendrick (Fritzi) is in a film a friend of mine is in, THE MARC PEASE EXPERIENCE.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#10re: The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?
Posted: 3/29/07 at 7:46pm

and vince rimoldi is now a 'casting assistant' which means- cruising west hollywood for guys.

no disrespect.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#11re: The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?
Posted: 3/29/07 at 7:51pm

Daniel Letterle played Vlad

re: The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#12re: The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?
Posted: 3/29/07 at 7:52pm

i wanted to see that movie- im sure its on dvd now.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

desiree armfeldt Profile Photo
desiree armfeldt
#13re: The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?
Posted: 3/29/07 at 8:15pm

well I've seen Joanna Chilcoat (ellen) at a variety of auditions and Anna Kendrick recently completed a movie called Rocket Science.

#14re: The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?
Posted: 3/29/07 at 8:18pm

That Ethan Green movie is horrendously bad even for a low budget gay comedy (it's based on a long running fairly amusing comic strip). Be warned...

Then again I find Camp nearly entirely cringeworthy except for some of the musical segments. I was recommended it on another theatre forum and made the mistake of suggesting it to a group of frineds... UGH

E

sidneybruhl Profile Photo
sidneybruhl
#15re: The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?
Posted: 3/29/07 at 8:18pm

Saw Robin DeJesus last summer in "Rent." Talked to him briefly. Told him how much I loved him in "Camp" and he was very nice.

sondhead
#16re: The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?
Posted: 3/29/07 at 8:54pm

"Since Jerry Mitchell choreographed the musical numbers in "Camp," Dequina Moore was in Jerry Mitchell's "Little Shop Of Horrors" and "Legally Blonde."

Little Shop was Kathleen Marshall.

I like that movie, but let's face it--a lot of them we'll never hear from again because they're just not that good. The black kid with the little brother was in the Hairspray tour before it went Non-Equity

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#17re: The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?
Posted: 3/29/07 at 9:00pm

oh gawd, i loved that movie!
but looking back the writing was pretty awful, but i still love it! =)

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#18re: The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?
Posted: 3/29/07 at 9:06pm

I loved it when I first saw it in theatres.. and even went a second time. I watched it on dvd when it came out- and was just like.. wow this is bad.

but I still like it- for all its faults.

It just needed a script doctor and a few casting changes.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

ComaBaby01 Profile Photo
ComaBaby01
#19re: The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?
Posted: 3/29/07 at 9:13pm

Is it just me or is Robin DeJesus not the coolest name ever....?

when you say it with English pronunciations, not Spanish.

you could also put it in a theater joke:

What do you call an actor who steals from the Salvation Army Christmas pots outside Target?

-Robin DeJesus.

(a little less wordy though, lol)

I've heard he's quite the nice guy. I'd love to see In the Heights.

"Love all; Trust a few; Do wrong to none." --William Shakespeare

husk_charmer
#20re: The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?
Posted: 3/29/07 at 9:16pm

Is that N'Cream from "Connie and Carla" in "Ethan Green"?

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

MrBundles Profile Photo
MrBundles
#21re: The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?
Posted: 3/29/07 at 9:25pm

no, it's not N'cream, but that movie was awful!
(ethan green)

Your fupa is showing.

otis33 Profile Photo
otis33
#22re: The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?
Posted: 3/29/07 at 9:27pm

I wasn't a huge fan of the Ethan Green movie either, but I ended up seeing 3 times when it was out on the festival circuit. The audiences went crazy over it.

BigFatBlonde Profile Photo
BigFatBlonde
#23re: The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?
Posted: 3/29/07 at 9:30pm

Sondheim is still alive. Don't know what he is working on.

What great ones do the less will prattle of

otis33 Profile Photo
otis33
#24re: The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?
Posted: 3/29/07 at 9:33pm

Nice, BFB. re: The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?