Jersey Boys last night

sopranobiz Profile Photo
sopranobiz
#1Jersey Boys last night
Posted: 4/1/07 at 2:30pm

I finally saw Jersey Boys last night! This show is absolutely amazing, all the hype is true. Amazing book, amazing story, amazing music.
There was only one understudy on but I lost my program and can't remember his name. The show was seamless.
The only complaint I have is that I had trouble hearing vocals on some of the songs but other than that a perfect broadway experience!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2re: Jersey Boys last night
Posted: 4/1/07 at 2:34pm

I'm guessing you saw it in NYC... re: Jersey Boys last night

(I saw it last night, too, but not in NYC.)

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

AudreyTwoTwo Profile Photo
AudreyTwoTwo
#2re: Jersey Boys last night
Posted: 4/1/07 at 4:48pm

who wasn't there?

The Best of Times is Now!

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#3re: Jersey Boys last night
Posted: 4/1/07 at 4:50pm

There was only one understudy on but I lost my program and can't remember his name.

My guess would be John Lloyd Young.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

wicked_mimi
#4re: Jersey Boys last night
Posted: 4/2/07 at 12:56am

WickedGeek, I would think that this person would remember if one of the leads were out. Honestly, what a stupid thing to say. Stop looking for trouble when it doesn't need to be created.
Updated On: 4/2/07 at 12:56 AM

worrell4077
#5re: Jersey Boys last night
Posted: 4/2/07 at 12:41pm

"WickedGeek, I would think that this person would remember if one of the leads were out. Honestly, what a stupid thing to say. Stop looking for trouble when it doesn't need to be created."

I agree, it was probably someone in the ensemble, and besides JLY does the Sunday shows seeing that there is only one show for them on Sunday, if there was two, then he would only do the night show.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#6re: Jersey Boys last night
Posted: 4/2/07 at 12:59pm

I love JERSEY BOYS, I am glad you did, as well.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#7re: Jersey Boys last night
Posted: 4/2/07 at 1:00pm

Were they selling signed posters?

lucydee Profile Photo
lucydee
#8re: Jersey Boys last night
Posted: 4/2/07 at 2:28pm

So Glad you experienced what I have
been saying for so long.
The Best on Broadway right now
and the Nicest Guys on Broadway!

Feel the Love - Les Mis

jerseyboyslover Profile Photo
jerseyboyslover
#9re: Jersey Boys last night
Posted: 4/2/07 at 2:34pm

Thats great that you got to see it!

I saw it for my first time on March 24th, ot was amazing, everything was, the show, the cast, it was the best weekend I have ever had.

There was only one understudy on but I lost my program and can't remember his name.

My guess would be John Lloyd Young

That was a bit uncall for.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

lucydee Profile Photo
lucydee
#10re: Jersey Boys last night
Posted: 4/2/07 at 3:08pm

I agree!
Why do so many people
make sarcastic remarks
about JLY? I cannot
understand it. He is the
nicest guy!

Feel the Love - Les Mis

jerseyboyslover
#11re: Jersey Boys last night
Posted: 4/2/07 at 3:17pm

I know! it is just rude. He is the nicest guy I know, he went out of his way to make me feel welcomed when I went to see the show. The man answer every letter he gets in the mail at the theatre by hand, I dont kno ofany other actor who is as nice to their fans as John and the rest of the Jersey Boy cast are to theirs.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#12re: Jersey Boys last night
Posted: 4/2/07 at 3:18pm

lucydee, do you type in freeform haiku everywhere, or just BWW?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

lucydee Profile Photo
lucydee
#13re: Jersey Boys last night
Posted: 4/2/07 at 3:46pm

LizzCurry,
Just on BWW to annoy you!

Feel the Love - Les Mis

JPNP132
#14re: Jersey Boys last night
Posted: 4/2/07 at 6:23pm

John USED to be a great person, extremely nice but latley i think fame has been getting to his head and hes been kinda snotty, and in my opinion there are PLENTY of other actors/actresses who are just as kind to fans....some even kinder

jerseyboyslover
#15re: Jersey Boys last night
Posted: 4/2/07 at 6:29pm

John USED to be a great person, extremely nice but latley i think fame has been getting to his head and hes been kinda snotty, and in my opinion there are PLENTY of other actors/actresses who are just as kind to fans....some even kinder

oh my goodness, you could not be more wrong. Fame as not gotten to him at all, nor is he snotty.
He was so sweet to me and everyone eles who was there at the theatre the night I went. John goes out of his way for his fans.

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#16re: Jersey Boys last night
Posted: 4/2/07 at 6:33pm

Oh please. John has one of the most genuine hearts and he is always friendly to everyone. Fame hasn't done anything to him .

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#17re: Jersey Boys last night
Posted: 4/2/07 at 6:35pm

are you serious?? He is one of the nicest, down to earth people I've ever met and I didn't even know him before he won the Tony.

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#18re: Jersey Boys last night
Posted: 4/2/07 at 7:56pm

John is not snotty. He always comes out the stage door (which is more than I can say for a lot of actors), and has done countless sweet things for fans of his, including me.

onelastrefrain2 Profile Photo
onelastrefrain2
#19re: Jersey Boys last night
Posted: 4/2/07 at 9:48pm

yes, they're selling signed posters for $100, I believe.

Videos