pixeltracker

whats your favorite Disney musical?

whats your favorite Disney musical?

Rentroxmysox29
#1whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 12:39pm

My favorite is The Lion King, BY FAR! :)

Jared Leto is my husbanddd <3333 :)

Lizzya9
#2re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 1:08pm

i absolutely adore Disney musicals, I think they are so well done and are probably in the top 5 best shows out there right now. Beauty and the Beast is my all-time favorite musical, ever. It was my very first Broadway show I saw and my first cast recording I listened to. I'm so sad its closing, hopefully in a few years they'll revive it. Aida is also amazing, and I really want to see Tarzan. I don't get all the negative reviews, I think the cast recording is so gorgeous and the story makes me tear up. it's great to meet another Disney lover!!
= )

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 1:15pm

Though they both closed out-of-town before arriving on Broadway:

MILLION DOLLAR DUCK (starring Roger Bart and Kristen Chenoweth)

and

ESCAPE FROM WITCH MOUNTAIN (starring Hunter Foster and Jennier Cody)

WishingWells
#3re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 1:18pm

OK I'll admit it, I love disney..Beauty and the Beast in Toronto was the first big time production I had ever seen and I fell in love. I have not seen it since, but it is a classic. Years ago, when I was younger and went to Disney World, I watched the Hunchback live show. I had always hoped that would become a broadway musical. It has some of my favorite songs.

C is for Company
#4re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 1:22pm

FOLLIES

bundy5000 Profile Photo
bundy5000
#5re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 1:25pm

I have only seen one and that is Mary Poppins, wait I saw AIDA too but I still favor MP

Herbie: "Honey, Don't you know there's a depression?"
Rose: "Of Course I know, I Watch Fox News"
-(modified)Gypsy
Broadway Schedule
December 5th- Hamilton, On Your Feet
December 19th- Noises Off, Edith Piaf Concert at Town Hall
Updated On: 4/7/07 at 01:25 PM

Piercemn Profile Photo
Piercemn
#6re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 2:02pm

In terms of creativity and a superb theatrical experience, it's easily The Lion King, but
I absolutely adored Mary Poppins. It was amazing in London.

The ad thing about Beauty and the Beast, which I saw on tour and then on Broadway, is that it's become a theme park attraction. I don't think I'd want to see The Lion King, because I'm afraid that it would be the same, although perhaps Julie Taymore polices her shows and makes sure they stay fresh.

I have absolutely no interest in Aida (why, when Verdi wrote a perfectly good opera version), Tarzan or the upcoming Little Mermaid. I wish they'd put their Sleeping Beauty onstage. What a challenge: thorns, a witch that turns into a dragon, a dance with clothes carried by birds and squirrels, and that lovely Tchaikovsky score, not to mention a dress that changes from pink to blue and so on.

NYC Visitor and Broadway Fan

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#7re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 2:05pm

I think Aida. I also liked Beauty, Mary Poppins, and the lion king but hated Tarzan!

BDavis0092
#8re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 2:22pm

rentroxmysox - have you seen anything other than disney musicals? Please see something else. Not saying anything about disney musicals because some of them are very good. You've just started many threads about disney musicals.

www.youtube.com/BwayNY225

Lizzya9
#9re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 2:23pm

sleeping beauty would be amazing! so would aladdin or hercules.

Rentroxmysox29
#10re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 2:25pm

BDavis0092, Yeah, I have actually seen other stuff other than Disney stuff, I'm from Boston and I've seen most of the stuff that comes here, or in Providence. I also went to NY and saw JB.

BDavis0092
#11re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 2:27pm

K. Just making sure. Disney musicals are good but there's so much better out there.

Rentroxmysox29
#12re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 2:29pm

yeah I do agree with that, believe it or not the only one i've seen is TLK. :)

BDavis0092
#13re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 2:32pm

I see. That explains a lot.

neddyfrank2
#14re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 2:47pm

Mary Poppins

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#15re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 2:52pm

THE COMPUTER WORE TENNIS SHOES starring Jonathan Groff

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#16re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 5:00pm

Since it was my first Broadway show, Beauty and the Beast will always have a plce in my heart. Aida was really good too!

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

Squire on the Fire?
#17re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 5:04pm

Aida , then Mary Poppins (the English version, not the American version).

"I love acting. It's so much more real than life." -Oscar Wilde
"Get what? Sex? With you? AN OLD PERSON LIKE YOU? Good God." -Edith 'Big Edie' Beale, Grey Gardens

Mouses Magic
#18re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 5:07pm

I love AIDA and Beauty and the Beast. TLK was beautiful but not my favorie, and Tarzan was ok. I really want to see Mary Poppins and I also think that The Little Mermaid will be amazing. I watched the movie two nights ago and there is so much potential, and with the creative team they have plus the AMAZING cast it could turn out wonderful!

Anthony3 Profile Photo
Anthony3
#19re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 5:13pm

Mary Poppins!

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#20re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 5:33pm

C is for COMPANY - you beat me to it. I was going to say that my favorite Disney show is the one with music and lyrics by Sondheim!

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#21re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 5:34pm

Aida!!! I love the score, I love the cast, I love everything about it....Beauty is very close 2nd though, although I'm sure Little Mermaid may end up being my new favorite when I see it..Sherie+Little Mermaid=My New Favorite

C is for Company
#22re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 6:03pm

Kean on Kean, I don't know if you were at DisneyWorld when I was there, but the production was fantastic!

Standouts were totally Ursula as Stella Deems (Her dancing was incredible, it really helps to have 8 tentacles to do that Bennett choreo!), Minnie Mouse as Sally had me in tears by the end and Mickey Mouse delivered Weissman's speech like a true pro!

beyondblessed Profile Photo
beyondblessed
#23re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 6:05pm

Mulan.

It belongs on broadway a heck of a lot sooner than Mermaid.

I just think it would make some amazing theatre.

Going to a musical late in its run is like going to a prostitute late in her shift.

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#24re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 7:46pm

C is for Company - I wanted to see it, but I thought casting Goofy as Ben was a little preachy.

Videos